This is telling

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

This is telling

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:42 pm

Reportedly, Donny's personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, has been telling White House staff members that they don't need their own lawyers but can rely on him.

If he's really saying that, he's either incompetent or unethical. In my professional opinion, there is no way on God's green earth that there is no conflict between Donny's legal interests and those of his staff. Either Kasowitz is too dumb to know that or he's sufficiently unethical to ignore conflict rules. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

Re: This is telling

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Reportedly, Donny's personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, has been telling White House staff members that they don't need their own lawyers but can rely on him.

If he's really saying that, he's either incompetent or unethical. In my professional opinion, there is no way on God's green earth that there is no conflict between Donny's legal interests and those of his staff. Either Kasowitz is too dumb to know that or he's sufficiently unethical to ignore conflict rules. --Bob
One slight problem: Kasowitz is not licensed to practice in D.C. and has not bothered to go through the process so the D.C. Bar is investigating him.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Administration figures who know better aren't taking Kasowitz's advice:
Vice President Mike Pence ... retained a prominent Virginia GOP attorney to represent him.
Michael Cohen, another longtime Trump personal lawyer, on Friday also officially named his outside counsel: Washington-based attorney Stephen Ryan.
That's right: even Trump's lawyers have their own lawyers.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Jared Kushner's legal team has expanded too.

Kushner lawyer Gorelick won't handle Russia matters
Jared Kushner's lawyer, Jamie Gorelick, will no longer handle Russia-related matters, but will remain his attorney for other areas, she announced in a statement Friday.
Abbe Lowell will now handle Russia inquiries.
Gorelick, a Democratic backer of Hillary Clinton, is an attorney at Wilmer Hale. Former FBI Director Bob Mueller, who is overseeing the Justice Department's Russia probe, was a partner with Gorelick.
Under the circumstances, this looks like a wise decision for both Kushner and Gorelick.

And Pres. Trump has added attorney Ty Cobb to his legal team. It's full employment time for DC lawyers.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

kroxquo

#5 Post by kroxquo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:57 am

jarnon wrote:Jared Kushner's legal team has expanded too.

Kushner lawyer Gorelick won't handle Russia matters
Jared Kushner's lawyer, Jamie Gorelick, will no longer handle Russia-related matters, but will remain his attorney for other areas, she announced in a statement Friday.
Abbe Lowell will now handle Russia inquiries.
Gorelick, a Democratic backer of Hillary Clinton, is an attorney at Wilmer Hale. Former FBI Director Bob Mueller, who is overseeing the Justice Department's Russia probe, was a partner with Gorelick.
Under the circumstances, this looks like a wise decision for both Kushner and Gorelick.

And Pres. Trump has added attorney Ty Cobb to his legal team. It's full employment time for DC lawyers.
At least he has a lawyer who can deal with the occasional curve ball.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams