Terrorism in reverse

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

Terrorism in reverse

#1 Post by jarnon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 am

Finsbury Park attack: Theresa May condemns 'sickening' terror attack

There have been many hate crimes against all kinds of groups, but in this case, the assailant copied the tactics of Islamic extremists. I don't have SSS's mind-reading abilities, but I'm guessing the terrorist wanted to show Muslims what it feels like.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

Re: Terrorism in reverse

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 am

jarnon wrote:Finsbury Park attack: Theresa May condemns 'sickening' terror attack

There have been many hate crimes against all kinds of groups, but in this case, the assailant copied the tactics of Islamic extremists. I don't have SSS's mind-reading abilities, but I'm guessing the terrorist wanted to show Muslims what it feels like.
I highly doubt that there were any terrorists in the crowd that got run over. There may, however, be more people on both sides who decide to adopt an us vs. them mentality and that's precisely what the terrorists are hoping for.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:04 am

>>>There may, however, be more people on both sides who decide to adopt an us vs. them mentality and that's precisely what the terrorists are hoping for.<<<

By God, you are good at parroting western, urban liberal conventional wisdom.

If we look a little broader. The Coptic Christians in Egypt are the very definition of a defenseless, powerless people and they are being killed by the hundreds (thousands?) by Islamists. The Islamists couldn't give a rip if the Copts defend themselves or not-they just want them out of Egypt.

As, if you listen to their rhetoric, they want Christians(no matter how nominal) out of Western Europe.

The Yazidis in the Iraq area are fighting for their very survival against Isis. Should they not defend themselves, on the grounds, that if they fight back, that would be giving Isis what they want?

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Spock wrote:The Yazidis in the Iraq area are fighting for their very survival against Isis. Should they not defend themselves, on the grounds, that if they fight back, that would be giving Isis what they want?
There is a big difference between defending themselves against ISIS and running a bus into a crowd of innocent people or enacting harsh religious-based sanctions.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:49 pm

We all realize that SSS is a proponent of the Eloi Defense-Pick flowers until the Morelocks take you. (See-"The Time Machine")

However, as history shows, and observers of the scene postulate, we do have to remember that this could get really bloody on both sides. Obviously, up until now, the blood has flowed almost totally on one side.

As we all know, the last couple of years have been very bloody on the terrorism front in Western Europe. If the Western European governments can't get a handle on the problem, it is likely that some form of clandestine, organized self-defense groups will form. To believe otherwise is to ignore all of human history.

Obviously, I can't predict what form or actions such groups might take, but I would more likely expect targeted actions and not generic bombings or something similar.

jarnon

#6 Post by jarnon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:01 pm

Spock wrote:Obviously, I can't predict what form or actions such groups might take, but I would more likely expect targeted actions and not generic bombings or something similar.
Government organizations like Scotland Yard are much more effective than unofficial militias. The government has intelligence resources and cooperation from some parts of the Muslim community. Lacking these, all vigilantes can do is target anyone who looks like the enemy. The amount of bloodshed will be the same or more; the victims will just be different.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm

Spock wrote:>>>There may, however, be more people on both sides who decide to adopt an us vs. them mentality and that's precisely what the terrorists are hoping for.<<<

By God, you are good at parroting western, urban liberal conventional wisdom.

If we look a little broader. The Coptic Christians in Egypt are the very definition of a defenseless, powerless people and they are being killed by the hundreds (thousands?) by Islamists. The Islamists couldn't give a rip if the Copts defend themselves or not-they just want them out of Egypt.

As, if you listen to their rhetoric, they want Christians(no matter how nominal) out of Western Europe.

The Yazidis in the Iraq area are fighting for their very survival against Isis. Should they not defend themselves, on the grounds, that if they fight back, that would be giving Isis what they want?
I'm really not following the point you're trying to make. Your posts kind of read as though you find the types of attack described at the start of this thread a regrettable but acceptable tactic, but I can't imagine that's what you actually mean. So what are you trying to say? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson