RIP Otto Warmbier

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP Otto Warmbier

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:48 pm

(CNN)Otto Warmbier, the American college student who spent 17 months in detention in North Korea, died Monday afternoon in Cincinnati, Ohio, his family said in a statement.

"It is our sad duty to report that our son, Otto Warmbier, has completed his journey home. Surrounded by his loving family, Otto died today at 2:20 p.m.," the statement said.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: RIP Otto Warmbier

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:09 am

Donald Trump 2019 wrote:[Kim Jong Un] felt badly about it. He felt very badly. He tells me that he didn't know about it and I will take him at his word.
It's good to know that we have a president who takes Vladimir Putin and Kum Jong Un at their words, but not any Democrat or member of the non-Fox News media.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:56 am

Otto might still be alive if Obama had reached out and visited KJU like he said he would be willing to. But he never did. So relations stayed at the status quo, or worse throughout his term.
silverscreenselect wrote:It's good to know that we have a president who takes Vladimir Putin and Kum Jong Un at their words, but not any Democrat or member of the non-Fox News media.
I thought you didn't believe a word Trump said.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:40 am

Fred and Cindy Warmbier: “We have been respectful during this summit process. Now we must speak out. Kim and his evil regime are responsible for the death of our son Otto. Kim and his evil regime are responsible for unimaginable cruelty and inhumanity. No excuse or lavish praise can change that.”

I long for the days when Republicans were opposed to praising dictators who were responsible for the death of American citizens. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:40 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I long for the days when Republicans were opposed to praising dictators who were responsible for the death of American citizens.
I'd wager that most of us still are, you asshole!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I long for the days when Republicans were opposed to praising dictators who were responsible for the death of American citizens.
You can't tell from their electoral behavior, and until that changes the behavior of Republican elected officials won't change. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
You can't tell from their electoral behavior, and until that changes the behavior of Republican elected officials won't change. --Bob
Unlike the "all we really want is to kill babies" Democrats, we have other things we look at as well before we pull the lever.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)