The fate of the Universe will be decided today

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

The fate of the Universe will be decided today

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:53 am

Voters in the all important Georgia 6th district, where I used to live, have been given the responsibility of deciding the fate of the entire known universe today. Will we go down the dark abyss if they vote for the evil Handelmort? Or will we all be brought into the bright light of enlightenment if they choose His Highness Jon Ossoff, the first of his name? We will find out soon.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

mrkelley23

Re: The fate of the Universe will be decided today

#2 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:17 am

I actually think Handel will win a close one, which is still actually good news for Democrats. But the national Democratic party is so bad at managing expectations, that that outcome will seem like a huge loss for them.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

eyégor
???????

#3 Post by eyégor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:28 am

In most elections, the Democrats seem to work overtime to lose. As long as they offer nothing but 'I'm not Trump' ( which Saint Ossoff has done surprisingly little of) they don't have much of a chance. Regardless who wins, it will have negligable(ESST spelin?) impact on the Democratic party going forward.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:43 am

mrkelley23 wrote:I actually think Handel will win a close one, which is still actually good news for Democrats. But the national Democratic party is so bad at managing expectations, that that outcome will seem like a huge loss for them.
Polling has swung back towards Handel in the last week, with one poll out today having Handel ahead by a point (it's a Republican polling firm). There are about 530,000 registered voters in the Sixth District. In the first election, 192,000 votes were cast, with about 45,000 of those in early voting. This time around, over 140,000 votes were cast early, and no one really knows what the total turnout will be. The weather here is somewhat iffy, with some scattered heavy showers expected in some areas later today, which may hold down turnout, but I've heard estimates ranging from 250-350,000 total. Handel appears to be doing better in the early voting than the group of 11 Republicans did in the first election, but no one knows if this just indicates that more of her base is voting early or if there's movement towards her.

Georgia does keep track of whether voters in this election voted in the Presidential primaries last spring and over 40% of the early voters did not vote in either 2016 primary, whatever that means.

During the last month, Mrs. SSS and I received at least two dozen robocalls claiming to be political surveys. We hung up on most of them immediately, so there's no way to tell how many of them were legitimate and how many were disguised campaign pitches. I wonder who is more likely to sit through an entire recorded message and punch in answers about the age, sex, race, party affiliation, etc. Because if more Democrats than Republicans (or vice versa) simply hang up when they get those calls, that might skew the eventual results.

In the 2016 Congressional election, 326,000 votes were cast and Tom Price beat a complete unknown named Rodney Stooksbury 62-38%

The polling for the first election consistently underestimated Ossoff's total (eventually 48%), with most polls having him in the 42-45% range.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Saint Ossoff
Merry Man

#5 Post by Saint Ossoff » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 am

It's OK. Thomas doubted Me as well. Jon still loves you all....

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Saint Ossoff wrote:It's OK. Thomas doubted Me as well. Jon still loves you all....
You're only going to win because your voters have you confused with this guy.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm

The Russians have endorsed Karen Handelmort in this election and are hacking and social media engineering to their fullest extent in order to get her elected. Trump told them it was ok. I also got my email from the VRWC (vast right wing conspiracy) giving me instructions on how to deny our Savior his rightful seat. I WILL RESIST! All the other 350 odd things that Hillary said cost her the election are also being used against His Holiness. So if His Highness loses the election, there are the reasons..
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Spock

#8 Post by Spock » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:57 pm

I didn't see this thread when I posted mine.

mrkelley23

#9 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:50 pm

The rule I'm seeing in special elections: the more money and time the DNC spends on a race, the worse the Democratic candidate does. The SC 5th race, which the national Democrats ignored, actually wound up being closer than Georgia 6.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:45 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:The rule I'm seeing in special elections: the more money and time the DNC spends on a race, the worse the Democratic candidate does. The SC 5th race, which the national Democrats ignored, actually wound up being closer than Georgia 6.
Translation: When the electorate is given more information about the candidates and their policies, they lose.

Now why is that?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

elwoodblues

#11 Post by elwoodblues » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:03 pm

Was it Handel's opposition to a livable wage that did it, or was it her hatred for gay people?

flockofseagulls104

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:30 pm

No, it was the evilness, race hatred, greed and general ugliness of all the people in Georgia's 6th district. Right, SSS? Right, bob? Right, BJ?

Perhaps they didn't spend enough money to get His Highness elected. Maybe they should have gotten all those donors from out of the district to give him more money.

Well, it was a moral victory for the dems, anyway. Right? It just shows that the dems just need to keep on doing what they're doing. They don't need any issue except trashing and investigating the President. And thinking everyone who opposes their policies is a nazi fascist.

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:56 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#14 Post by Estonut » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:30 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Meyers is illustrating flock's point exactly, but you're too dense to realize that.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:02 am

BackInTex wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:The rule I'm seeing in special elections: the more money and time the DNC spends on a race, the worse the Democratic candidate does. The SC 5th race, which the national Democrats ignored, actually wound up being closer than Georgia 6.
Translation: When the electorate is given more information about the candidates and their policies, they lose.

Now why is that?
The anti-Ossoff ads were basically that he was a puppet of Nancy Pelosi and her liberal agenda and contained numerous statements that were proved to be wrong on various fact-checking sites. If you want to characterize that as "more information about the candidates and their policies," fine.

I thought that Ossoff himself tried to stay on the issues and his ads were mostly about what he intended to do. The Democratic groups that backed him insisted on keeping running the same ad about how Handel was a wasteful spender when she was in office, blowing money on her personal expenses. That ad had proved effective in the past in Republican primaries, where one Republican branding another as a money waster is an effective tactic. It wasn't a good tactic in a general election.

I do think the Democratic groups backing Ossoff should have gone after Trump harder. He was barely mentioned in advertising, as opposed to Pelosi, whose name was invoked numerous times in every single anti-Ossoff commercial.

So, the bottom line is that I still have no representation in Congress.

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:05 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Right? It just shows that the dems just need to keep on doing what they're doing. They don't need any issue except trashing and investigating the President.
And that's the irony. Ossoff did run on the issues and he didn't trash the President. If he had, he might have done better.

The only consolation (not for the country as a whole, I'm afraid) is that by 2018, we'll have another year's experience with just what Republicans are able to accomplish when they are running things.

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:07 am

And that's the irony. Ossoff did run on the issues and he didn't trash the President. If he had, he might have done better.
The ironic thing is that the President has such low approval ratings, but your party is no alternative. The dems have tripled down on demonizing everything and everybody they don't like, even to their own detriment (ie: Gorsuch). They seem to want to be the party of hate and discontent, and they are doing a good job.
The only consolation (not for the country as a whole, I'm afraid) is that by 2018, we'll have another year's experience with just what Republicans are able to accomplish when they are running things.
They seem to be doing alright considering the opposition party is deliberately trying to sabotage anything and everything.

flockofseagulls104

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:12 am

So, the bottom line is that I still have no representation in Congress.
I had a hard time believing that Obama represented me for 8 years. But I gave him the respect he was due as the duly elected President.

lilclyde54

#19 Post by lilclyde54 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:36 am

Well, at least Ossoff will get a Democratic Party Participation Ribbon.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

silverscreenselect

#20 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:11 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: but your party is no alternative. The dems have tripled down on demonizing everything and everybody they don't like, even to their own detriment (ie: Gorsuch). They seem to want to be the party of hate and discontent, and they are doing a good job.
And that's simply not true.

Hillary presented plenty of alternatives during the Presidential election. Her website was filled with policy proposals. The problem was that the media wasn't interested in them. They wanted a three ring political circus to deliver high ratings and that's what they got. So it was all (Benghazi/e-mails/health vs. groping women/anti-Muslim).

Jon Ossoff presented a lot of ideas as well, but the only thing that the voters wanted to hear was Nancy Pelosi.

Since Democrats are being completely excluded from the healthcare process and virtually every other Republican initiative that's lurching their way through Congress, they are reduced to pointing out the flaws in the Republican plans in the hopes that enough moderate Republicans won't ram them through to the detriment of the country.

And the Democrats did present an alternative to Gorsuch. His name was Merrick Garland and the Republicans refused to do their Constitutional duty of putting him up for a vote.

Flock, when you get all your news filtered through Hannity and Breitbart, it's no wonder you don't hear anything the Democrats have actually proposed.

Bob Juch

#21 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:22 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Meyers is illustrating flock's point exactly, but you're too dense to realize that.
No, you're too dense to realize I do. :x
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:43 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: but your party is no alternative. The dems have tripled down on demonizing everything and everybody they don't like, even to their own detriment (ie: Gorsuch). They seem to want to be the party of hate and discontent, and they are doing a good job.
And that's simply not true.

Hillary presented plenty of alternatives during the Presidential election. Her website was filled with policy proposals. The problem was that the media wasn't interested in them. They wanted a three ring political circus to deliver high ratings and that's what they got. So it was all (Benghazi/e-mails/health vs. groping women/anti-Muslim).

Jon Ossoff presented a lot of ideas as well, but the only thing that the voters wanted to hear was Nancy Pelosi.

Since Democrats are being completely excluded from the healthcare process and virtually every other Republican initiative that's lurching their way through Congress, they are reduced to pointing out the flaws in the Republican plans in the hopes that enough moderate Republicans won't ram them through to the detriment of the country.

And the Democrats did present an alternative to Gorsuch. His name was Merrick Garland and the Republicans refused to do their Constitutional duty of putting him up for a vote.

Flock, when you get all your news filtered through Hannity and Breitbart, it's no wonder you don't hear anything the Democrats have actually proposed.
As usual, you present, in a microcosm, exactly why the democrat party is in a major decline. Hillary might have presented a lot of policy, BUT MOST PEOPLE DIDN'T BELIEVE HER. Jon Ossoff apparently campaigned as if he were a republican, and MOST PEOPLE DIDN'T BELIEVE HIM. The republicans could have put Garland up for a vote, and probably would have rejected him, and anyone else Obama nominated, wasting everyone's time. Then the dems shot themselves in the foot by smearing Gorsuch (who was good enough to confirm to the Court of Appeals a few years earlier) and made it possible for Trump to nominate ANYONE next time. If Gorsuch was such a degenerate, not deserving of a seat on the SC, why was he confirmed to the Court of Appeals? Are degenerates allowed there?

Your party is full of hypocrites.

silverscreenselect

#23 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:10 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: The republicans could have put Garland up for a vote, and probably would have rejected him, and anyone else Obama nominated, wasting everyone's time. Then the dems shot themselves in the foot by smearing Gorsuch (who was good enough to confirm to the Court of Appeals a few years earlier) and made it possible for Trump to nominate ANYONE next time. If Gorsuch was such a degenerate, not deserving of a seat on the SC, why was he confirmed to the Court of Appeals? Are degenerates allowed there?

Merrick Garland was the Chief Judge of the DC Court of Appeals. He was appointed to the DC Court by President Clinton and confirmed by a 76-23 vote, including many Republicans. Neil Gorsuch was appointed by President Bush to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals and confirmed unanimously.

So, apparently it's okay for the party that claims to believe in the Constitution to abdicate their responsibility ("wasting everyone's time") and reject Judge Garland but not okay for the Democrats to oppose Judge Gorsuch ("shot themselves in the foot").

When you utter the word "hypocrite," Flock, you might want to look in the mirror.

eyégor
???????

#24 Post by eyégor » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:16 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
There is plenty of hypocrisy to go around.

Ossoff lost because he talked about global warming (fringe issue) lbgtqxyz issues ( fring issue) rights for women ( Sorry gals but fringe issue)

What America wants to hear is how good paying jobs are going to come back.

They want the repair if the infrastructure to start now, not when everyone is done dicking around with healthcare. And then tax reform. NOW.

They want to know they are safe in their homes, not a return to building billion dollar equipment with thousand dollar wrenches.

They want politicians to work TOGETHER, not defend the tribe at all costs.

They do not want ridicule of the government from people who have no real alternative plan. This predates this past election day.

They don't want the Democratic party of Hillary, Pelosi & Schumer. Nor do they want the Republican party of Cruz, Ryan and McConnell.

This is why they voted for Trump. This is why, even though there are fewer approving of him, when they get in the voting booth, they voted for those more likely to work with him because of the HOPE that, in the end, he will deliver on his promises.

Until the Dems put forth a genuine alternative, they might as well just go home.

eyégor
???????

#25 Post by eyégor » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:19 pm

And regarding the Supreme Court, Garland should have been confirmed, but there is nothing wrong with the confirmation of Gorsuch.