NE Dem. Official Ousted for Wishing Scalise Dead

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

NE Dem. Official Ousted for Wishing Scalise Dead

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:29 am

A volunteer official in the Nebraska Democratic party has lost his position after a recording surfaced of him saying he was glad Congressman Steve Scalise had been shot and hoped he died.

This shows the difference between today's Democratic and Republican parties. When Democrats find out about things like this, they take swift action. When Republicans make similar statements, others ignore it, make excuses, claim it's fake news, and then, maybe, a few days or weeks later someone issues a half-assed apology.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 103121198/

By contrast:

http://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--pol ... 4d7rVjaHP/

This week (five months after the incident), the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners issued a public reprimand to Hunter acting on a recommendation from a county ethics board. Hunter has filed suite against the ethics board.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt--pol ... jw8dUCtiI/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

Re: NE Dem. Official Ousted for Wishing Scalise Dead

#2 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:51 am

The Secret Service can question him and Johnny Depp together. Awesome selfie opportunity.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:32 am

jarnon wrote:The Secret Service can question him and Johnny Depp together. Awesome selfie opportunity.
And Kathy Griffin, and the cast and producers of the NYC Shakespeare in the park production, and........

Self, but wrongly, righteous comments such as that made here by SSS is why the Dems are losing election after election. Keep it up.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:38 am

You're not really serious about this, are you SSS? To suggest that the democrat party is somehow the paragon of civility? What world do you live in?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

eyégor
???????

#5 Post by eyégor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:39 am

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:The Secret Service can question him and Johnny Depp together. Awesome selfie opportunity.
And Kathy Griffin, and the cast and producers of the NYC Shakespeare in the park production, and........

Self, but wrongly, righteous comments such as that made here by SSS is why the Dems are losing election after election. Keep it up.
But it is so much easier to bash the other side than it is to come up with any solution.

so tired of the use of
Demoncrats
snowflakes
libtards
cucks
and
on
and
on

What happened to the good old days when everyone was a member of The Trilateral Commission?

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:41 am

eyégor wrote: But it is so much easier to bash the other side than it is to come up with any solution.
Who's looking for a solution. Right now, given the election results, I'm all "If it a'int broke, don't fix it."
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:47 am

BackInTex wrote:
eyégor wrote: But it is so much easier to bash the other side than it is to come up with any solution.
Who's looking for a solution? Right now, given the election results, I'm all "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Fixed it for you....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

eyégor
???????

#8 Post by eyégor » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:47 am

BackInTex wrote:
Who's looking for a solution. Right now, given the election results, I'm all "If it a'int broke, don't fix it."
Problem is, it is broke and has been for some time...

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:59 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Who's looking for a solution? Right now, given the election results, I'm all "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Fixed it for you....

lb13
Thanks. Glad to see Ed has backup. :)
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:06 am

BackInTex wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
BackInTex wrote: Who's looking for a solution? Right now, given the election results, I'm all "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Fixed it for you....

lb13
Thanks. Glad to see Ed has backup. :)

Well, you were asking for it.... :P

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:11 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:You're not really serious about this, are you SSS? To suggest that the democrat party is somehow the paragon of civility? What world do you live in?
Not yours, thank God.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:34 am

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote: And Kathy Griffin, and the cast and producers of the NYC Shakespeare in the park production, and........
Julius Caesar outrage appears to be selective:

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news ... -play.html

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:44 am

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:You're not really serious about this, are you SSS? To suggest that the democrat party is somehow the paragon of civility? What world do you live in?
Not yours, thank God.
Ditto.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:55 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote: And Kathy Griffin, and the cast and producers of the NYC Shakespeare in the park production, and........
Julius Caesar outrage appears to be selective:

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news ... -play.html
Not really
But a spokesperson for the Guthrie told BroadwayWorld that "Delta was a season sponsor of our mainstage season that year; the support didn't include productions in the Dowling Studio, which is where Julius Caesar was produced."

Charlotte, North Carolina-based Bank of America also pulled sponsorship from the Public Theatre as well (see tweet below). BofA doesn't provide financial support to the Guthrie.
Also from the review:
And, because Caesar is cast as a tall, lanky black man, the Obama inference is a bit too obvious
There is a difference between "inference" and damn near look-alike.

But had they hung Caesar instead of stabbing him, you can bet the outcry would have been heard all the way to Rome.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#15 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:55 am

Scene from Minneapolis Julius Caesar:

Scene from NYC Julius Caesar:

silverscreenselect

#16 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:57 am

BackInTex wrote:
There is a difference between "inference" and damn near look-alike.
The difference between "inference" and "damn near look-alike" is the difference between someone being polite in a review and someone trying to make a political point on a blog or chat board.

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:15 pm

"Throughout the 20th century and into the 21st, the rule has been to create a recognizable political world within the production," Andrew Hartley, the Robinson Chair of Shakespeare Studies at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, told CNN. "And often people in the title role itself look like or feel like somebody either in recent or current politics." According to Hartley, the modernization of "Caesar" began with the 1937 production by Orson Welles, who made his Caesar a "Hitler, Mussolini clone" and was focused on the rise of Fascism in Europe rather than the fall of the Roman Republic.

Shakespeare's Caesar has since been made to resemble a number of other political leaders, from Lousiana's Huey Long to British prime ministers Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair to President Barack Obama. "This is a pretty common trope," Hartley said. Before his take on the Trump era, [director of the NYC play Oskar] Eustis put together "Caesar" productions in Providence and Los Angeles in the early 1990s that placed the play in a modern American setting. The playwright Tony Kushner, who has collaborated on work with Eustis, noted in a 1991 letter to the Los Angeles Times that in Eustis' version of "Caesar" playing at the time the title character was "a deliberately composite demagogue, equal parts Huey Long, Lyndon Johnson, Kennedy." As he did in this version, Eustis also appears to have re-created an American First Lady in the form of Caesar's wife Calpurnia in those two earlier productions, which made reference to Jackie Kennedy.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/12/media/j ... index.html

Bob Juch

#18 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:28 pm

The NYC Caesar looks like Conan O'Brian.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:40 pm

Bob Juch wrote:The NYC Caesar looks like Conan O'Brian.
It's Gregg Henry, who has a long career in TV and movies as a character actor and usually plays villains:

And if anyone actually remembers the play Julius Caesar, the assassination of Caesar doesn't turn out well, either for Rome or the conspirators. They all wind up dead and the even more autocratic Marc Antony winds up in power.

Bob Juch

#20 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:39 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:The NYC Caesar looks like Conan O'Brian.
It's Gregg Henry, who has a long career in TV and movies as a character actor and usually plays villains:

And if anyone actually remembers the play, Julius Caesar, the assassination of Caesar doesn't turn out well, either for Rome or the conspirators. They all wind up dead and the even more autocratic Marc Antony winds up in power.
Did their Marc Antony look like Mike Pence?

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm

Marc Antony definitely does not look anything like Mike Pence. It's Elizabeth Marvel. And Corey Stoll plays Brutus. Both Stoll and Marvel have been on House of Cards in earlier seasons.

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:34 pm

You guys are really obsessing over this.