So, some questions

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

So, some questions

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 am

So, here's the thing:
F-i-l has decided to purchase a home in my town. He's not moving here; he wants me to move into it with my husband. We already have a house. New house is close in proximity to my house, and my grown son and his son can live in my house - whatever. I am not excited about my current cable bill as it relates to my viewing options. It's in excess of $200 a month for cable, internet, and landline (which goes completely unused). New house has a smart tv, and I will have to have internet access, but what are y'all's opinions on tv viewing options? My viewing preferences are Food Network, HGTV, and movies. Apart from those, we'd only watch football, some baseball and tennis, and Olympic coverage, etc. I have an Amazon Fire Stick which I haven't really begun to explore.
Oh, and if anyone heads this way for a vacay, I'll have a couple spare rooms.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

themanintheseersuckersuit

Re: So, some questions

#2 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:40 am

You ought to look at SlingTV
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:41 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:You ought to look at SlingTV
I'll check it out! Thanks!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:17 am

tlynn78 wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:You ought to look at SlingTV
I'll check it out! Thanks!
Looks like a distinct possibility. Have you used it?