Re-election Fund Raiser

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kroxquo

Re-election Fund Raiser

#1 Post by kroxquo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:19 am

So President Trump held his first re-election fund raiser yesterday, only 5 months into his administration. To me, this seems like it is jumping the gun, but I don't have any context. I also realize that the political climate has changed considerably. Long gone are the days when Bobby Kennedy could announce that he was running for a Presidential election barely six months away. In any case, does anyone know how early past Presidents have begun to fund raise for their re-elections.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

silverscreenselect

Re: Re-election Fund Raiser

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:36 am

kroxquo wrote:So President Trump held his first re-election fund raiser yesterday, only 5 months into his administration. To me, this seems like it is jumping the gun, but I don't have any context. I also realize that the political climate has changed considerably. Long gone are the days when Bobby Kennedy could announce that he was running for a Presidential election barely six months away. In any case, does anyone know how early past Presidents have begun to fund raise for their re-elections.
In Trump's case, he needs to give Putin plenty of time to launder his donations.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:04 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
In Trump's case, he needs to give Putin plenty of time to launder his donations.
Putin will have trouble getting that money back from the Clinton Foundation. But I give him better odds than most.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:36 pm

kroxquo wrote:So President Trump held his first re-election fund raiser yesterday, only 5 months into his administration. To me, this seems like it is jumping the gun, but I don't have any context. I also realize that the political climate has changed considerably. Long gone are the days when Bobby Kennedy could announce that he was running for a Presidential election barely six months away. In any case, does anyone know how early past Presidents have begun to fund raise for their re-elections.
silverscreenselect wrote:In Trump's case, he needs to give Putin plenty of time to launder his donations.
BackInTex wrote:Putin will have trouble getting that money back from the Clinton Foundation. But I give him better odds than most.

You certainly came to the right place to get your question answered, Krox....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Putin will have trouble getting that money back from the Clinton Foundation. But I give him better odds than most.
That's because it's already been distributed to the needy around the world.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#6 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Chelsea is needy? Oh, well. I'm sure you will agree that Chelsea deserved a fabu wedding more than little Haitian children deserved to eat.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:56 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Chelsea is needy? Oh, well. I'm sure you will agree that Chelsea deserved a fabu wedding more than little Haitian children deserved to eat.
Are you seriously claiming that Clinton Foundation funds were used to pay for Chelsea Clinton's wedding? That would be a criminal act, just as it was a criminal act for the Trump Foundation to use its contributions in self-dealing ways. Please provide factual support. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#8 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: That's because it's already been distributed to the needy around the world.
Are you seriously claiming that Clinton Foundation funds were used to pay for Chelsea Clinton's wedding? That would be a criminal act, just as it was a criminal act for the Trump Foundation to use its contributions in self-dealing ways. Please provide factual support. --Bob
I seriously don't know if Chelsea's wedding fund was "enhanced" by Clinton Foundation money, and neither do you.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:16 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
I seriously don't know if Chelsea's wedding fund was "enhanced" by Clinton Foundation money, and neither do you.
You're the one who implied it. That's an accusation you have no business making without evidence to back it up. Retreating to "I don't know and neither do you" doesn't cut it in these circumstances. You made a defamatory comment about someone and now you're admitting that you have no factual basis whatsoever to support it.

Here's the Washington Post fact check of the story. No evidence. None at all. It includes an interview with the wedding planner who actually organized the ceremony. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Bobbie, you're hilarious talking about "accusations" and "no evidence".
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

kroxquo

#11 Post by kroxquo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:21 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:In Trump's case, he needs to give Putin plenty of time to launder his donations.
BackInTex wrote:Putin will have trouble getting that money back from the Clinton Foundation. But I give him better odds than most.

You certainly came to the right place to get your question answered, Krox....

lb13
Sigh. True Dat.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams