More Enlightened Tweets from the White House

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: More Enlightened Tweets from the White House

#26 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote:I'm so tired of the "small hands" bullshit that liberals keep bringing up. I guess it pushes Trump's buttons, but it is as true as Palin saying she could see Russia from her house. I think it's the same idiots that believe both are true.
And that's the whole purpose. It's the same reason that fans make lots of noise when the visiting team attempts a free throw. I don't think any liberal cares how big Trump's hands are, but they know it gets a reaction from him and that he's likely to retaliate by saying something damaging to himself or his position.

The question should be why is the President of the United States so thin skinned that he allows something like this to upset him. You might say this dirty tricks on the Democrats part (although the small hands theme first emerged during the Republican debates), but what do you think other world leaders will do when they get face to face with Trump in a private setting?
His hand is 7.25 inches from his wrist to the tip of his middle finger. That's the 15th percentile.
This is sort of obsessive, too, no?
Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#27 Post by Estonut » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:26 pm

Estonut wrote:I'm so tired of the "small hands" bullshit that liberals keep bringing up. I guess it pushes Trump's buttons, but it is as true as Palin saying she could see Russia from her house. I think it's the same idiots that believe both are true.
And that's the whole purpose. It's the same reason that fans make lots of noise when the visiting team attempts a free throw. I don't think any liberal cares how big Trump's hands are, but they know it gets a reaction from him and that he's likely to retaliate by saying something damaging to himself or his position.
Why, then, do it here or elsewhere where he'll never read it?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

jarnon

#28 Post by jarnon » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:41 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:The question should be why is the President of the United States so thin skinned that he allows something like this to upset him. You might say this dirty tricks on the Democrats part (although the small hands theme first emerged during the Republican debates), but what do you think other world leaders will do when they get face to face with Trump in a private setting?
Marco Rubio brought it up and got an astonishingly inappropriate response. No wonder Democrats picked up on it.
Estonut wrote:
I quoted @morning_mika about the small hands, and the Time covers, to show that she's an expert at goading Trump.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#29 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:02 pm

jarnon wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:The question should be why is the President of the United States so thin skinned that he allows something like this to upset him. You might say this dirty tricks on the Democrats part (although the small hands theme first emerged during the Republican debates), but what do you think other world leaders will do when they get face to face with Trump in a private setting?
Marco Rubio brought it up and got an astonishingly inappropriate response. No wonder Democrats picked up on it.
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:And that's the whole purpose. It's the same reason that fans make lots of noise when the visiting team attempts a free throw. I don't think any liberal cares how big Trump's hands are, but they know it gets a reaction from him and that he's likely to retaliate by saying something damaging to himself or his position.
I quoted @morning_mika about the small hands, and the Time covers, to show that she's an expert at goading Trump.
Here's a question, and I don't consider it cool or okay, but does he consider these exchanges the same as anyone else on twitter as gamesmanship? I consider twitter a fucked up waste of echo chamber time, reminiscent of blogs and innernets 10 years ago. I was on it for awhile and realized it's cannibalistic and predatory. IE stupid. Which doesn't make Trump participating good, but certainly not impeachmentworthy.
No grownups who have actual real lives pay attention to twitter. So?
Well, then

jarnon

#30 Post by jarnon » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:32 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Here's a question, and I don't consider it cool or okay, but does he consider these exchanges the same as anyone else on twitter as gamesmanship? I consider twitter a fucked up waste of echo chamber time, reminiscent of blogs and innernets 10 years ago. I was on it for awhile and realized it's cannibalistic and predatory. IE stupid. Which doesn't make Trump participating good, but certainly not impeachmentworthy.
No grownups who have actual real lives pay attention to twitter. So?
The White House itself can't make up its mind on this question.

Trump’s Tweets ‘Official Statements,’ Spicer Says

The President could make our lives easier by using @POTUS for official statements and @realDonaldTrump for political gamesmanship. But he mixes the two regularly. Ironically, Clinton's folly was mixing personal and official email. I think seventy-somethings should stay away from newfangled computer thingamajigs.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:17 am

Well, just when you thought things couldn't get any lower, they did. Here's an article about the tweet that Trump sent out this morning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 446571001/

At best, this is about as childish and immature as you can get. And if Kathy Griffin or Johnny Depp had sent out this video with Trump's face superimposed (and Depp certainly has enough stock footage of him beating up on people in his various movies), you can imagine the furor from the right wingers and demands for Secret Service investigations.

Anyone think we'll hear a peep out of them this time around?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#32 Post by jarnon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:15 am

@realDonaldTrump wrote:My use of social media is not Presidential - it’s MODERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL. Make America Great Again!
We've sure come along way from George Washington's presidency.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:32 pm

jarnon wrote:
@realDonaldTrump wrote:My use of social media is not Presidential - it’s MODERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL. Make America Great Again!
We've sure come along way from George Washington's presidency.
George's Facebook page was a book with a drawing of his face on it.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#34 Post by Estonut » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:17 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Well, just when you thought things couldn't get any lower, they did. Here's an article about the tweet that Trump sent out this morning.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 446571001/

At best, this is about as childish and immature as you can get. And if Kathy Griffin or Johnny Depp had sent out this video with Trump's face superimposed (and Depp certainly has enough stock footage of him beating up on people in his various movies), you can imagine the furor from the right wingers and demands for Secret Service investigations.

Anyone think we'll hear a peep out of them this time around?
No, because to the rest of the world, body-slamming is nowhere near as horrible as beheading and murder.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#35 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:49 am

Two pages. You'd think by now we'd have learned. Donny is a troll. Don't feed the troll. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#36 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Two pages. You'd think by now we'd have learned. Donny is a troll. Don't feed the troll. --Bob
Here is a definition of a troll:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

I think it's trump who is feeding the trolls. I wish he'd stop. But I think even if he stops tweeting, they won't go away. Am I right, bob? You seem to represent the troll community.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Jeemie

#37 Post by Jeemie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:46 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:And, if you're honest, you will admit that trump has gotten A LOT more negative coverage than Obama, and even Bush. trump deserves much of it, but the MSM is going way over the line.
The lack of honesty is on your part as you flex the meaning of the word "media" to have that term cover those outlets your want it to cover based on the point you're trying to make.

Fox News and other right wing media sources barraged Obama on a continuous daily basis, and over stuff a lot dumber than what Trump has been criticized for thus far.

Fox News and right wing media sources are part of "the media", Flock.
1979 City of Champions 2009

flockofseagulls104

#38 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:21 am

Jeemie wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:And, if you're honest, you will admit that trump has gotten A LOT more negative coverage than Obama, and even Bush. trump deserves much of it, but the MSM is going way over the line.
The lack of honesty is on your part as you flex the meaning of the word "media" to have that term cover those outlets your want it to cover based on the point you're trying to make.

Fox News and other right wing media sources barraged Obama on a continuous daily basis, and over stuff a lot dumber than what Trump has been criticized for thus far.

Fox News and right wing media sources are part of "the media", Flock.
Fox News examined and criticized Obama's policies when and where they deserved to be. They did not question his sanity, or report negatively on him 93% of the time. They did not mock him they way they mock trump, especially on their hard news shows. If you think they did, you are buying the fake news from the left.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Jeemie

#39 Post by Jeemie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:57 am

What policies was Fox News dissecting when they mentioned Barack Obama put Dijon mustard on his hamburger, or explained how girly he looked on a bicycle?

Or when they criticized Michelle Obama's fashion sense or had a medical panel on to explain that she ought to lose a few pounds? Or when they called her "Obama's baby mama"?

And they consistently and regularly questioned Obama's loyalty to America.

These things all happened, Flock.

On Fox News.

You fail to see the larger pattern that has been going on since at least the first Bush Administration...and that is...the political debate is not, in fact, about presenting reasoned opposition but instead is about demonization and delegitimization of political opponents.

Something both sides do, but tested and perfected by right wing media.

flockofseagulls104

#40 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:24 am

Jeemie wrote:What policies was Fox News dissecting when they mentioned Barack Obama put Dijon mustard on his hamburger, or explained how girly he looked on a bicycle?

Or when they criticized Michelle Obama's fashion sense or had a medical panel on to explain that she ought to lose a few pounds? Or when they called her "Obama's baby mama"?

On Fox News.

You fail to see the larger pattern that has been going on since at least the first Bush Administration...and that is...the political debate is not, in fact, about presenting reasoned opposition but instead is about demonization and delegitimization of political opponents.

Fox news has a lot of contributors, all of which have their own opinions, on the left and on the right. And very few (especially the right leaning contributors) of which are asked to comment in the MSM. They also have a lot of opinion shows, which are like the editorial pages of a newspaper. Show me any of these kinds of things that were reported as hard news on any of their hard news shows. Like the Sweden incident is reported to this day on the CBS Evening News, which is NOT an opinion program.

silverscreenselect

#41 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:13 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Fox News examined and criticized Obama's policies when and where they deserved to be. They did not question his sanity, or report negatively on him 93% of the time. They did not mock him they way they mock trump, especially on their hard news shows. If you think they did, you are buying the fake news from the left.

Jeemie

#42 Post by Jeemie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:What policies was Fox News dissecting when they mentioned Barack Obama put Dijon mustard on his hamburger, or explained how girly he looked on a bicycle?

On Fox News.

Fox news has a lot of contributors, all of which have their own opinions, on the left and on the right. And very few (especially the right leaning contributors) of which are asked to comment in the MSM. They also have a lot of opinion shows, which are like the editorial pages of a newspaper. Show me any of these kinds of things that were reported as hard news on any of their hard news shows. Like the Sweden incident is reported to this day on the CBS Evening News, which is NOT an opinion program.
Because he said "Look at what's happening tonight in Sweden" juxtaposed right after talking about the German terror attack.

He gave no hint that he was actually talking about a Tucker Carlson documentary that he had SEEN that night (and the Carlson documentary was inaccurate anyway). He said "Look what's happening IN SWEDEN tonight".

Trump supporters later called on the Carlson documentary as an after-the-fact explanation of "what Trump REALLY meant to say".

We've seen so many "what Trump REALLY meant" statements from his supporters that there's a whole new word in our lexicon...Trumpsplain.

Anyhow, if you think CBS News reporting on that is akin to a Dijon Mustard question, you're more blinded in a partisan manner than I thought.

Spock

#43 Post by Spock » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Jeemie>>>Because he said "Look at what's happening tonight in Sweden" juxtaposed right after talking about the German terror attack.

He gave no hint that he was actually talking about a Tucker Carlson documentary that he had SEEN that night (and the Carlson documentary was inaccurate anyway). He said "Look what's happening IN SWEDEN tonight".<<<<<

I proudly "Trumpsplained" on that as a long thread from the time will show. IIRC, I don't think I went down the Tucker Carlson video road.

I wanted to talk about something that Trump raised (however clumsily) and has left hundreds dead across Europe in the last couple years with uncounted social ills.

Maybe it is more fun to talk about how Trump is an idiot-so be it.

Bill Gates has interesting comments on the issue today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... urope.html

I am going to commit the sin of "Gatesplaining" him. The way I read it (among other things) is "If you try to help everybody, pretty soon you won't be able to help anybody."

jarnon

#44 Post by jarnon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:12 am

On Monday, Pres. Trump awarded a Medal of Honor for the first time. To his credit, he stuck to the topic and didn't talk about himself at all.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#45 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:59 am

jarnon wrote:On Monday, Pres. Trump awarded a Medal of Honor for the first time. To his credit, he stuck to the topic and didn't talk about himself at all.
And he didn't kiss the recipient.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#46 Post by jarnon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:34 am

Bob Juch wrote:
jarnon wrote:On Monday, Pres. Trump awarded a Medal of Honor for the first time. To his credit, he stuck to the topic and didn't talk about himself at all.
And he didn't kiss the recipient.
Sometimes that's OK.

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#47 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:08 pm

After a day like Trump's had today, I smell the mother of all tweetstorms coming out tonight.

flockofseagulls104

#48 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:00 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:After a day like Trump's had today, I smell the mother of all tweetstorms coming out tonight.
New Star Wars movie: "The Swamp Strikes Back."