Transcript 5/25/17 Raj Jain

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 5/25/17 Raj Jain

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:53 am

Raj Jain
Atherton, Cal.

$500
According to Allure magazine, it’s perfectly normal for an adult to have 1 to 4 what fall out per day?
A: Teeth B: Eyelashes
C: Toenails D: Kidney stones

Spoiler
B: Eyelashes

$1,000
A “hidden talent” that the creatures only seem to demonstrate in high humidity, which of these are you most likely to see a cockroach do during a heat wave?
A: Play water polo B: Kayak
C: Do cannonballs off the high board D: Fly

Spoiler
D: Fly

$2,000
Said to predict future success, what psychological experiment gives 4-year-olds a choice of getting one desirable item immediately or two 15 minutes later?
A: Marshmallow test B: Broccoli test
C: Rotten apple test D: Boiled cabbage test

Spoiler
A: Marshmallow test

$3,000
Pop stars Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez first met as 10-year-olds while auditioning to be “Friends” of what singing-and-dancing kids show character?
A: Barney B: Mr. Rogers
C: Oscar the Grouch D: Bill Nye the Science Guy

Spoiler
A: Barney

$5,000
In an article titled “Death to Capitalism?,” The Wall Street Journal notes that ironically, you have to pay money to visit whose grave in London’s Highgate Cemetery?
A: Napoleon Bonaparte B: Winston Churchill
C: Charles Darwin D: Karl Marx

Spoiler
D: Karl Marx

Commercial break

$7,000
Russell Crowe, Pierce Brosnan and Adam Sandler are three examples Hollywood.com cites on its list of “The 10 Worst” what “in Movies”?
A: Self-Designated Stuntmen B: Singing Performances
C: Cross-Dressing Roles D: American Accents

Spoiler
Raj thinks it’s singing performances.
A: 5% B: 85% C: 5% D: 5%

Spoiler
B: Singing Performances

Commercial break

QotD
On which classic sitcom were the actors who played the main family’s “mom” and “dad” born on the exact same day: June 21, 1947?
A: The Cosby Show B: Growing Pains
C: Everybody Loves Raymond D: Family Ties

Spoiler
D: Family Ties

$10,000
Famously mentioned in “Hamlet,” which of these is an expression of fright known by the medical term “horripilation”?
A: Putting your head in the sand B: Trembling in your boots
C: Your blood running cold D: Your hair standing on end

Spoiler
Raj’s +1 is his friend Dave. Both of them think it’s your hair standing on end. Ironically, Raj is bald.

Spoiler
D: Your hair standing on end

The horn
Raj will be back on Friday.

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 5/25/17 Raj Jain

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:39 am

7K: Brosnan is competent. Haven't heard others.

kaw92

#3 Post by kaw92 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:41 pm

ghostjmf wrote:7K: Brosnan is competent. Haven't heard others.
I've had his attempt at SOS from Mamma Mia! in my brain for almost a decade now. It is... something

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:56 pm

kaw92 wrote:
I've had his attempt at SOS from Mamma Mia! in my brain for almost a decade now. It is... something
Welcome aBored! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:32 am

PB is a gorgeous man, and I adore his accent, but his singing in MamaMia! was abysmal. But adorable.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:32 am

My listening to Brosnan sing is limited to a very plain arrangement of one of my favorite songs, "On the Banks of Red Roses", in the movie "Evelyn" (pronounced Eve'-lin). Its based on the true story of the 1st man in Ireland to win custody of his own daughter back from the govt after his wife abandoned him & their 3 kids.

The state had decided he was fit to raise the 2 boys, with help, but not the girl, & put her in an orphanage.

The song comes in one of Brosnan's character's jobs in a pub band with his father. I prefer a version with more of an "Irish swing" to it, but the band' s version, with Brosnan singing, is competent.

Brosnan is Irish, for those who don't know, & I believe this film was backed by him.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

ghostjmf

#7 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:52 am

OK, by the miracle that is youtube I just listened to it again. More'n a little flat on the low notes, but still fun.

Meryl Streep starred in musicals in college, & from her interview on Fresh Air trained as a teen w/ the same voice teacher as Beverly Sills. Sills was to be heard as Streep left the studio. Which in my opinion left Streep with a very snotty attitude toward pop singing. She left the lessons thinking "well, I'll never be able to do *that* so I'm not very good".

When asked by Terry Gross she gave her singing a "B".

I hate operatic singing, so I beg to differ.

At any rate, they could get Brosnan to repitch anywhere & I'm sure Streep, who is also signed up for "Mama Mia2", could work with it.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

ghostjmf

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:05 am

From more lookups, in real life there were 6 kids & they were all taken away. There were the 3 I remember in the movie. I think.

I'm remembering emphasis on the girl in the movie, but its been a long time since I saw it.

I can barely get anything to play on this tablet since T-Mobile decided Boston is a 2G town (its not the tablet that's broken, since it got me 4G in of all places Amherst), but I just got it to play, with stops & starts, "The Parting Glass" from "Evelyn" & Brosnan does a decent job on that.