News from the Free Range and the middle of the night

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Lizbit
Four-Footer

News from the Free Range and the middle of the night

#1 Post by Lizbit » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:53 pm

My girls next door have a new baby brother! Not a chicken baby, but a real human tiny person with two legs instead of four. I've only seen him through the fence, but he looks like he could use a good body guard like me, too. I will be keeping a close eye on him. I am hoping that he won't have to go away to a farm for becoming a boy like Lucille did when she grew into a rooster. My mom says there are different rules for human babies, so I'm keeping my toes crossed.

Closer to home, I'm still missing BeBe a lot. My mom is nice, but she is a terrible tug-of-war player. She says we will get a new dog or puppy when we find the right one, but that may not be for another month or two. I found a picture I liked of a dog who was living at the pound. His name was Marley, just like my BFF Mr. Marley from this board! But, he got himself adopted in a couple of days, before I could get my mom out there.

Late at night is when I think about BeBe the most. I remain particularly impressed by her noteworthy ninja skills, and I'm sorry she didn't teach them to me. As you may remember, she could make herself invisible at night, and she could move around inside or out without making any sound whatsoever. She could do another amazing thing that I might never have mentioned. She could climb or jump on the bed without anybody noticing. The mattress didn't even quiver. Since this usually happened at night when she was invisible and silent, I don't know whether she slithered up like a snake or floated in the air and drifted down like a feather. (My mom says that when I get on the bed, it's more like a bowling ball in search of a ten-pin.)

Anyway, sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night, and it's so dark I can't see anything. No matter how hard I concentrate on careful listening, I can't hear anything but silence. That makes me think, "Hey, there's BeBe! She must be checking to make sure we're okay." That makes me feel better.

Ritterskoop

Re: News from the Free Range and the middle of the night

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:05 am

It is so great that silence reminds you of someone special. I felt that one of my gone-to-the-Rainbow-Bridge friends was just in the next room for quite a while and that made me feel better.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:21 am

Keep being the bowling ball. Your mom needs that.
Well, then

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:50 am

I'm sorry you couldn't get four-footed Marley to come home with you. I hope your mom finds another tug-of-war partner for you, real soon!

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:02 pm

I am sure that your Mom is just waiting to find the PERFECT fren for you, dear Lizbit, because you are special and deserve only the BEST!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Congratulations to the fambly next door on the tiny new addition! That's wonderful! I hope he needs a playmate, not a bodyguard, when he gets bigger.

I miss BeBe too, and I think you have a wonderful way of thinking about her. I'm so glad I got to meet her and must have said a thousand times, "You're so beautiful!"

Thinking about you and BeBe made me think of Sunchine again, and I'm glad it's so easy to find. Still smiling . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:31 am

SportsFan68 wrote:Congratulations to the fambly next door on the tiny new addition! That's wonderful! I hope he needs a playmate, not a bodyguard, when he gets bigger.

I miss BeBe too, and I think you have a wonderful way of thinking about her. I'm so glad I got to meet her and must have said a thousand times, "You're so beautiful!"

Thinking about you and BeBe made me think of Sunchine again, and I'm glad it's so easy to find. Still smiling . . .

Sunchine? Whatever are you talking about?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:12 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Sunchine? Whatever are you talking about?

lb13
Found it!
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#9 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:01 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:Congratulations to the fambly next door on the tiny new addition! That's wonderful! I hope he needs a playmate, not a bodyguard, when he gets bigger.

lb13
I'm talking about the two sweetest girls in Oklahoma County.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Estonut
Evil Genius

#10 Post by Estonut » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:49 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

I'm talking about the two sweetest girls in Oklahoma County.
Ouch. Sweet, yeah, but their mom makes it three!!1
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx