Overheard-The Most "Red State" Conversation Ever

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Overheard-The Most "Red State" Conversation Ever

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:00 am

This was one of the highligts of the 2 day-1360 mile jaunt to drop the Spocklette off at what the boys called "Nerd Camp"-LOL.

Anyway, we were in a Culver's in Rapid City and a near a 65-ish couple who were joined by a guy of about their age who remained standing during their visit.

The Standee was involved in Missionary work in some fashion-my impression was that he oversaw a bunch of missionaries for his job. I am not sure of the couple was involved in the missionary field, or if they just knew a bunch of the same people through church.

They talked about a missionary somewhere who had been robbed through homeinvasions many,many times in Argentina (I think).

Then the talk turned to home invasions in Arizona and the story they told is probably urban legend-I am not sure of they knew the guy they were talking about-or if it was urban legend-doesn't matter for my purposes.

This guy had been subject to so many home invasions that he was sick of it and during one home invasion he shot the 3 guys while they were carrying stuff out-he shot them in the house and he shot them in the front. Obviously, as they said, shooting them in the front of the body and in the house helps your self-defense case.

The highlight which really cracked me up was when the wife chimed in with-well even if you don't them in the front, you should damage the bodies so much that they can't tell.

Keep in mind that these were missionary field people-yep, we are not in the upper east side of Manhattan anymore, are we?