goodbye sweet Alistaire cat

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

goodbye sweet Alistaire cat

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:49 pm

This was the kitty to whom I was commuting to give thyroid pills twice daily back in Jan while his person visited my hospitalized brother.

Alistaire was both dignified & very affectionate, even snuggling up very soon after with his pill-giver.

He was OK until the last 3 days or so of his life, I'm told. Then he stopped eating & started stumbling; he was in massive organ failure. But he was 18, & had a long, much-loved life.

a1mamacat

Re: goodbye sweet Alistaire cat

#2 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:33 pm

I am sure that Alistaire is now enjoying a wonderful time in catnip clouds.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:38 am

Alistaire sounds like he was a very fine cat.
Well, then

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#4 Post by Lizbit » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:34 am

Miss ghost, I am very sorry to hear about Alistaire. I am sure that BeBe already knows him at the Bridge, and she will make sure he finds all the fun places up there. BeBe always watches out for cats because she loves them.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Oh, my goodness, 18! Even Miss Gina Cattabrigida didn't make it past 15.

I'm sorry about your friend, Ghost. That was exactly right for Lizbit to mention the Rainbow Bridge.

My older brother, who is one of the smartest people I know, if not in the whole world, did not know about the Rainbow Bridge until it was splained to him not long ago. He said goodbye to one of his much loved Vizslas at the vet's office, then went outside to see a full rainbow. He was very taken by this and told a friend about it, and she told him about the Rainbow Bridge.

My BFF just adopted a kitten named Pyra. I know she will be a wonderful addition to the family and hope she will turn out like Alistaire.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:26 am

ghostjmf wrote: Alistaire was both dignified & very affectionate, even snuggling up very soon after with his pill-giver.
That's fairly unusual. He obviously liked you enough to risk more pill-popping. Sorry to read of your sadness, Ghost.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck