Holy Smokes

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Holy Smokes

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:13 pm

That is all.
Well, then

Bob Juch

Re: Holy Smokes

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:22 pm

Beebs52 wrote:That is all.
Your minister handed out cigarettes today?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#3 Post by Estonut » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:59 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Of course this went over your head...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 pm

I'm not following. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I'm not following. --Bob
How strange. I understood Beebs -- and Esto -- perfectly. It was all in the timing and the context. And, of course, the timing is long past, which makes the context greatly muddled.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:19 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'm not following. --Bob
How strange. I understood Beebs -- and Esto -- perfectly. It was all in the timing and the context. And, of course, the timing is long past, which makes the context greatly muddled.
Would you (or someone else) care to enlighten me? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#7 Post by Estonut » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:40 am

Bob78164 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'm not following.
Would you (or someone else) care to enlighten me?
I assumed she was referring to the foul-mouthed Pastor's rant about you. Apparently, you have persecuted one or more good people.

As usual, the coward went way over the line, used a lot of non-Pastorly language and imagery and then, true to style, buried it at the end of his crappy game thread, where the least number of people would be likely to read it. Oops. I said "game thread," but that would require someone else to post to it. It's in his crappy game post.

If, however, she WAS referring to her minister handing out cigarettes, I will send BJ a c-note, as this would be about the first time he's ever been right about anything.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:09 am

Correct. Sorry, went off to do other stuffm
Well, then

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#9 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:00 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Would you (or someone else) care to enlighten me?
I assumed she was referring to the foul-mouthed Pastor's rant about you. Apparently, you have persecuted one or more good people.

As usual, the coward went way over the line, used a lot of non-Pastorly language and imagery and then, true to style, buried it at the end of his crappy game thread, where the least number of people would be likely to read it. Oops. I said "game thread," but that would require someone else to post to it. It's in his crappy game post.

If, however, she WAS referring to her minister handing out cigarettes, I will send BJ a c-note, as this would be about the first time he's ever been right about anything.

I will not tolerate a coward on my Bored, so I'll put this damning to hell comment out there for all to admire...
Nelly the Lunatic, disguised as some kind of Pastor, who is posing as a dead comedian wrote:Nobody should really explain why I'm advertising The Fireplace Channel, but since this is the WWTBAM Bored, everything needs to be explained. It's because I'M IN HELL AND I'M BURNING! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Hell has been getting very crowded lately with all of the people who claimed to be Christians but voted for that rubber-faced gropeopotamus Donald Drumpf. Just think how crowded it'll be down here once the other 62 million people finally drop dead. But don't worry, Bob78164. There will still be plenty of room down here for closet conservatives like you, too. The demons can't wait to do to you what Bill McKinney did to Ned Beatty in "Deliverance". Maybe then, you'll learn not to persecute good people.

Guess you better atone for your sins, Bob, or you'll be sharing a warm room with me, Esto, Fanny, Sprots, BiT, Confessor, Ms. Camaro, HoltDad, flock, Spock, Chad... and I'm sure there are other "sinners in the mind of one" hanging around this den of heathens. I wonder if this is how Fred Phelps got his start.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 am

littlebeast13 wrote: Guess you better atone for your sins, Bob, or you'll be sharing a warm room with me, Esto, Fanny, Sprots, BiT, Confessor, Ms. Camaro, HoltDad, flock, Spock, Chad... and I'm sure there are other "sinners in the mind of one" hanging around this den of heathens. I wonder if this is how Fred Phelps got his start.....

lb13
THAT'S BS! I've been assured I'll have a private room.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#11 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:43 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Of course this went over your head...
Of course, because I didn't read that post.

I wasn't too far off though: The Pastor was smoking.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:44 am

Man. I never get invited to any parties.
Well, then

mellytu74

#13 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:35 am

:shock: :shock: :o :roll: :roll:

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#14 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:11 am

With every passing day that I check in here, I am hearing more strongly the Madonna song at the end of "A League Of Their Own":

This used to be my playground
This used to be my childhood dream
This used to be the place I ran to
Whenever I was in need
Of a friend
Why did it have to end
And why do they always say
Don't look back
Keep your head held high
Don't ask them why
Because life is short
And before you know
You're feeling old
And your heart is breaking
Don't hold on to the past
Well that's too much to ask
This used to be my playground (used to be)
This used to be my childhood dream
This used to be the place I ran to
Whenever I was in need
Of a friend
Why did it have to end
And why do they always say
No regrets
But I wish that you
Were here with me
Well then there's hope yet
I can see your face
In our secret place
You're not just a memory
Say goodbye to yesterday (the dream)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#15 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:How strange. I understood Beebs -- and Esto -- perfectly. It was all in the timing and the context. And, of course, the timing is long past, which makes the context greatly muddled.
Would you (or someone else) care to enlighten me?

Ah. Thanks. I haven't been reading the game posts.

I appreciate Beebs's sentiment, but unless such rants get traction (in which case defending my reputation, such as it is, is appropriate), my own policy is to ignore them. I can't see any reason to get upset at someone calling me names or accusing me of untoward conduct. If the names are accurate or I really did engage in the conduct, then the comments are appropriate. If not, then calling me those names or accusing me of that conduct won't make it so. Either way, objecting to the comments (in this case) will neither stop them nor change the truth or falsity of what's been posted. And in my experience, engaging merely feeds the troll. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:26 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Would you (or someone else) care to enlighten me?

I appreciate Beebs's sentiment, but unless such rants get traction (in which case defending my reputation, such as it is, is appropriate), my own policy is to ignore them. I can't see any reason to get upset at someone calling me names or accusing me of untoward conduct. If the names are accurate or I really did engage in the conduct, then the comments are appropriate. If not, then calling me those names or accusing me of that conduct won't make it so. Either way, objecting to the comments (in this case) will neither stop them nor change the truth or falsity of what's been posted. And in my experience, engaging merely feeds the troll. --Bob
My post was a reaction to the entire post and its rather virulent, violent tone. He is seriously off.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#17 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:30 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:I assumed she was referring to the foul-mouthed Pastor's rant about you. Apparently, you have persecuted one or more good people.

My post was a reaction to the entire post and its rather virulent, violent tone. He is seriously off.
I don't disagree. I just think disengagement is the more productive strategy. Both for me personally and for the Bored as a whole. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#18 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Ah. Thanks. I haven't been reading the game posts.

I don't disagree. I just think disengagement is the more productive strategy. Both for me personally and for the Bored as a whole. --Bob
I didn't engage with him, nor would I. Just think maybe eyeballs need to be open sorta.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#19 Post by Vandal » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:54 pm

My crappy promos don't get nearly this much attention.

I must be doing it wrong.

(A new one is coming soon.)
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
I didn't engage with him, nor would I. Just think maybe eyeballs need to be open sorta.
Fair enough. --Bob

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:08 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Guess you better atone for your sins, Bob, or you'll be sharing a warm room with me, Esto, Fanny, Sprots, BiT, Confessor, Ms. Camaro, HoltDad, flock, Spock, Chad... and I'm sure there are other "sinners in the mind of one" hanging around this den of heathens. I wonder if this is how Fred Phelps got his start.....

lb13
I'm still waiting for the avatar that memorializes this thought. --Bob

Jeemie

#22 Post by Jeemie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:33 pm

Did his post get edited/taken away?

Cuz it doesn't show up in any search.
1979 City of Champions 2009

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#23 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:51 pm

[quote="Jeemie"]Did his post get edited/taken away?

Cuz it doesn't show up

Sam Kinison
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Jeemie wrote:Did his post get edited/taken away?

It's the post made by Sam Kinison. --Bob

Jeemie

#25 Post by Jeemie » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:36 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:Did his post get edited/taken away?

It's the post made by Sam Kinison. --Bob
Thx- I was looking under the wrong poster's name.
1979 City of Champions 2009