TEN!, Finals Week, Monday

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

TEN!, Finals Week, Monday

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Unlike the finals week from your college days, this won't be a review of past material. It's all new questions. We'll start the last week of this series with some famous last words... or even famous first words and middle words, in some cases.

QUOTATIONS

Deadline is Wednesday at 3 PM Eastern.

1. To whom did ill-fitting China-made suit stuffed with chickens coming home to roost Donald Drumpf deliver the infamous quote, "Grab them by the pussy"?
A. Mario Lopez
B. Bob Goen
C. Billy Bush
D. Kevin Frazier

2. "You're either in or you're out. There is no such thing as life in-between." Which sports coach said that?
A. Joe Torre
B. Scotty Bowman
C. Tom Landry
D. Pat Riley

3. A quotation that seems as though it could have inspired the film "Inception", "all that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" was first said by which writer?
A. Edgar Allan Poe
B. Robert Burns
C. William Wordsworth
D. Nathaniel Hawthorne

4. Which acting teacher is credited with the line, "There are no small parts, only small actors"?
A. Stella Adler
B. Konstantin Stanislavski
C. Uta Hagen
D. Andrei Droznin

5. "I am dying from the treatment of too many physicians" are believed to be among the famous last words of what historical figure?
A. Alexander the Great
B. Henry VIII
C. Napoleon Bonaparte
D. George Washington

6. In 1769, a British writer called David Garrick coined which of these well-known similes that has since been incorrectly attributed to Benjamin Franklin?
A. As happy as a clam
B. As plain as the nose on your face
C. As snug as a bug in a rug
D. As dangerous as a bull in a china shop

7. In which film does Clint Eastwood give the classic line, "Go ahead, make my day"?
A. "The Dead Pool"
B. "The Enforcer"
C. "Sudden Impact"
D. "Magnum Force"

8. Which of these spacey guys first wrote, "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"?
A. Douglas Adams
B. Neil deGrasse Tyson
C. Richard Feynman
D. Carl Sagan

9. Who said, "A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke"?
A. Rudyard Kipling
B. Andrew Carnegie
C. Henry Kissinger
D. me

BONUS. In a 2016 episode, what TV mom delivered the hilarious demand, "Get these dildos out of the dishwasher"? (I will accept either the actress or the character.)
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Pastor Fireball

Re: TEN!, Finals Week, Monday

#2 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:09 pm

1. To whom did ill-fitting China-made suit stuffed with chickens coming home to roost Donald Drumpf deliver the infamous quote, "Grab them by the pussy"?
A. Mario Lopez
B. Bob Goen
C. Billy Bush
D. Kevin Frazier

And yet, it was Bush who got fired from his job.

2. "You're either in or you're out. There is no such thing as life in-between." Which sports coach said that?
A. Joe Torre
B. Scotty Bowman
C. Tom Landry
D. Pat Riley

3. A quotation that seems as though it could have inspired the film "Inception", "all that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" was first said by which writer?
A. Edgar Allan Poe
B. Robert Burns
C. William Wordsworth
D. Nathaniel Hawthorne

4. Which acting teacher is credited with the line, "There are no small parts, only small actors"?
A. Stella Adler
B. Konstantin Stanislavski
C. Uta Hagen
D. Andrei Droznin

5. "I am dying from the treatment of too many physicians" are believed to be among the famous last words of what historical figure?
A. Alexander the Great
B. Henry VIII
C. Napoleon Bonaparte
D. George Washington

6. In 1769, a British writer called David Garrick coined which of these well-known similes that has since been incorrectly attributed to Benjamin Franklin?
A. As happy as a clam
B. As plain as the nose on your face
C. As snug as a bug in a rug
D. As dangerous as a bull in a china shop

Although Ben delivered this line in a eulogy to a girl's pet squirrel, it was actually Garrick who first wrote this phrase three years earlier.

7. In which film does Clint Eastwood give the classic line, "Go ahead, make my day"?
A. "The Dead Pool"
B. "The Enforcer"
C. "Sudden Impact"
D. "Magnum Force"

Yes, all four of the choices had to be Dirty Harry films. This is the finals, after all.

8. Which of these spacey guys first wrote, "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"?
A. Douglas Adams
B. Neil deGrasse Tyson
C. Richard Feynman
D. Carl Sagan

It's a famous line from his 1980 book Cosmos.

9. Who said, "A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke"?
A. Rudyard Kipling
B. Andrew Carnegie
C. Henry Kissinger
D. me

BONUS. In a 2016 episode, what TV mom delivered the hilarious demand, "Get these dildos out of the dishwasher"? (I will accept either the actress or the character.)

Alex Borstein as Lois Griffin

She gave this line in the season fifteen premiere of "Family Guy".
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)