Prayer for Senator McCain

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Prayer for Senator McCain

#76 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:09 am

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
plasticene wrote:You left out the part that immediately preceded this!

:shock:
Mr. Trump, your Freudian slip is showing.
That interpretation has since been walked back. The transcript now says [indiscernable] instead of "us." When I watch and listen to the video on this page (13:53), it looks (reading his lips) and sounds like he said "'em," not "us." One's lips do not close when saying "us."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/1 ... ipt-241662
Not sure that you're right, but I don't think I care. It's clear that Donny described people who willingly associated with a group chanting "Jews will not replace us" as "very fine people." That's despicable coming from anyone. From the current occupant of the Oval Office, it simply beggars the imagination. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#77 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 am

Bob78164 wrote:Not sure that you're right, but I don't think I care about the facts.
Fixed it for you.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#78 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:49 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Not sure that you're right, but I don't think I care about the facts.
Fixed it for you.
I'm just waiting for you to fix one of Trump's speeches. Of course, you probably won't have time to do so between now and the eclipse.

BTW, I understand that Trump is now taking credit for the eclipse, noting that we never had one of them under Obama.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#79 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:02 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Fixed it for you.
I'm just waiting for you to fix one of Trump's speeches. Of course, you probably won't have time to do so between now and the eclipse.

BTW, I understand that Trump is now taking credit for the eclipse, noting that we never had one of them under Obama.
Trump's speeches don't need fixing. They mostly need deleting. But they reflect who he is and what he is (i.e., not a politician). He wasn't elected to talk, and he does do that too much. But you have to admire his talent for doing so with his foot in his mouth much of the time.

We have a serious problem in this country. It seems folks need a comment from the president on everything that happens. Why? Most things that happen are not his responsibility. Should he be aware of things? Yes. But we shouldn't need the president to make a public comment on every event the media thinks will drive ratings (that's really what drives what makes the news, ratings, not what is important). And Trump is a public buffoon. He always has been. I don't need his comments. The media loves it because it puts his buffoonism front and center. I want him to work with congress and get the things done he said he'd do.
Last edited by BackInTex on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#80 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:37 am

BackInTex wrote: It seems folks need a comment from the president on everything that happens. Why? Most things that happen are not his responsibility.
We have always looked to the President, regardless of party, for leadership in times of crisis, if for nothing else then to reassure us about the future. Reagan and Bush, for all their faults, had that leadership quality when times were the toughest. Trump has never displayed that quality. He even turned yesterday's debacle of a press conference into a plug for his Charlottesville winery.

As for working with Congress to get things done, there's never been the slightest indication in Trump's 70 years on this planet that he was capable of working with anyone to get things done. All he does is self promote and issue edicts that not surprisingly get ignored. In one respect, it's probably a good thing for this country that Trump is so inept at "getting things done" other than taking credit for things that others actually got done.

And I thought that General Kelly was going to put a rein on Trump's worst tendencies:

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#81 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:41 am

silverscreenselect wrote:BTW, I understand that Trump is now taking credit for the eclipse, noting that we never had one of them under Obama.

You should try fact checking your sarcastic comments....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39916

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

silverscreenselect

#82 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:03 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:BTW, I understand that Trump is now taking credit for the eclipse, noting that we never had one of them under Obama.

You should try fact checking your sarcastic comments....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39916

lb13
That was only an annular eclipse. Everyone knows an annular eclipse isn't a real eclipse and Trump prefers to associate with real eclipses.

SolarEclipse
Merry Man

#83 Post by SolarEclipse » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:13 am

silverscreenselect wrote: That was only an annular eclipse. Everyone knows an annular eclipse isn't a real eclipse and Trump prefers to associate with real eclipses.
That's why he's my guy! He's going to build a wall to keep out those illegal eclipses and put a stop to all the #FakeEclipses.