Transcript 6/2/17 Errol Krass

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 6/2/17 Errol Krass

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Errol Krass
Olney, Md.

Errol has been trying to become a contestant since the Regis days. Errol’s +1 is his son Scott.

$500
Dubbed the “smile ball,” Japanese researchers have recently developed a genetically-engineered onion that doesn’t do what?
A: Let you touch it B: Make you cry
C: Obey the law of gravity D: Fit in a regular-sized grocery store

Spoiler
B: Make you cry

$1,000
In Dante’s “Inferno,” the words “Abandon all hope, ye who enter here” are inscribed above the entrance to what?
A: Wrigley Field B: Hell
C: The DMV D: A speed dating event

Spoiler
B: Hell

$2,000
Said to be “sharper” than its previous design, J. Crew sells a style of what women’s clothing called “No. 2”?
A: Pencil skirt B: Turtleneck sweater
C: Loafer D: Stocking cap

Spoiler
A: Pencil skirt

$3,000
An article in the journal Nature says that because of human actions that began thousands of years ago and continue today, we’ve effectively canceled the next what?
A: Meteor strike B: World war
C: Ice age D: Global health epidemic

Spoiler
C: Ice age

$5,000
Named after an Aztec god, the Xoloitzcuintli is a distinctive dog that’s also known by what simpler name?
A: Mexican Hairless B: Peruvian Purple Tongue
C: Bolivian Big-Pawed D: Argentinian Fluffytail

Spoiler
A: Mexican Hairless

Commercial break

$7,000
With the premiere of “Full Frontal,” in 2016 what comedienne joined Chelsea Handler in launching one of the few late-night talk shows hosted by a woman?
A: Mindy Kaling B: Wanda Sykes
C: Samantha Bee D: Sarah Silverman

Spoiler
A: 7% B: 23% C: 38% D: 32%

Spoiler
Errol thought it’s Sarah Silverman. Scott is sure it’s Samantha Bee.

Spoiler
C: Samantha Bee

$10,000
Which of these universities is located in the U.S. state that comes first alphabetically among all 50?
A: Duke B: Auburn
C: Rutgers D: Baylor

Spoiler
50/50 leaves Auburn and Baylor. Errol guesses Baylor.

Spoiler
B: Auburn
Errol wins $5,000.

Commercial break

Agrajag

Re: Transcript 6/2/17 Errol Krass

#2 Post by Agrajag » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:42 pm

At $3000, I got held up...
Spoiler
initial gut answer was Global Warming but then I see thousands of years ago... I would have pegged the Industrial Revolution as the cause and that was late 1700s, no? So could it be the Health Epidemic?! When did Pasteur do his thing? When was penicillin invented? What the hell happened thousands of years ago to make one of these true (I was pretty confident the other two were wrong what with meteors being out of our control and world wars happening within the past thousand years). I have no clue how I would have dealt with this question if I were on the show. At home, I eventually told myself it's the $3000 question, quit second guessing yourself!
But seriously—did the producers mess up? Should it have been hundreds of years?

Then for $10,000, my thought process:
Spoiler
Duke's in North Carolina; Rutgers is in New Jersey; Baylor? Is that in Tennessee? And Auburn is in Mississippi I think? Auburn, final answer!
probably would have used ATA if it were me but glad to see my wrong thinking gave the right answer!!

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Agrajag wrote:At $3000, I got held up...
Spoiler
initial gut answer was Global Warming but then I see thousands of years ago... I would have pegged the Industrial Revolution as the cause and that was late 1700s, no? So could it be the Health Epidemic?! When did Pasteur do his thing? When was penicillin invented? What the hell happened thousands of years ago to make one of these true (I was pretty confident the other two were wrong what with meteors being out of our control and world wars happening within the past thousand years). I have no clue how I would have dealt with this question if I were on the show. At home, I eventually told myself it's the $3000 question, quit second guessing yourself!
I found several summaries of the Nature article. Here's one:
Human-made climate change suppresses the next ice age

You're right; the question should have said hundreds of years. That would have eliminated the UN and recent medical advances. Since it's a low-level question, ignore the error and go with the most likely answer.
Agrajag wrote:Then for $10,000, my thought process:
Spoiler
Duke's in North Carolina; Rutgers is in New Jersey; Baylor? Is that in Tennessee? And Auburn is in Mississippi I think? Auburn, final answer!
probably would have used ATA if it were me but glad to see my wrong thinking gave the right answer!!
Stick around the Bored through football season and you'll learn everything you need to know about
Spoiler
Auburn
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:21 pm

10K: Well, know its not Rutgers. Pretty sure Auburn is in Alabama so go for it.

Agrajag

#5 Post by Agrajag » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am

jarnon wrote:
Agrajag wrote:At $3000, I got held up...
Spoiler
I found several summaries of the Nature article. Here's one:
Human-made climate change suppresses the next ice age

You're right; the question should have said hundreds of years. That would have eliminated the UN and recent medical advances. Since it's a low-level question, ignore the error and go with the most likely answer.
Ugh... frustrating to know errors like this make it to the show (and broadcast!).

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:41 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Errol Krass
Olney, Md.

Errol has been trying to become a contestant since the Regis days. Errol’s +1 is his son Scott.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$10,000
Which of these universities is located in the U.S. state that comes first alphabetically among all 50?
A: Duke B: Auburn
C: Rutgers D: Baylor
Spoiler
50/50 leaves Auburn and Baylor. Errol guesses Baylor.

Spoiler
B: Auburn
Errol wins $5,000.

North Carolina, Alabama, New Jersey, Texas. A no-brainer. Too bad for him.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."