RIP Coke Zero

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Coke Zero

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:43 am

Coca Cola will be replacing Coke Zero in the near future with a new formula they call Coca Cola Zero Sugar which they say has done very well in foreign markets. They spent five years developing and testing the new formula, about the same amount of time they spent on New Coke. Coca Cola Zero Sugar will be released in the United States beginning in August.

As one who has been to the World of Coca Cola here in Atlanta where they give away samples of all the foreign beverages Coke sells, I can say that what's popular overseas doesn't necessarily work here in the US. One thing I'd be willing to bet is that after the "old" Coke Zero is phased out, they will rename the new drink Coke Zero shortly after that. Coca Cola Zero Sugar isn't a winning name.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 511675001/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: RIP Coke Zero

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 am

I'm not a soda freak, but if I do drink one it would be full sugar Coke. Despise sugar free ones. Real Coke only.
Well, maybe a Fresca or Squirt.
Well, then

jaybee

#3 Post by jaybee » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:42 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this some kind of conspiracy against us diabetic types?

I gave up cookies. I gave up cake and donuts. I gave up all that tasty stuff, all that sugary stuff, all those great carbs. Life became bleak, but healthy. And then, on the horizon, appeared Coke Zero. Not 'real' Coke to be sure but not-too-bad. Got better after several tries. Now I'm fine with it, even look forward to drinking one.

Gotta start all over again. <sigh>
Jaybee

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Beebs52 wrote:I'm not a soda freak, but if I do drink one it would be full sugar Coke. Despise sugar free ones. Real Coke only.
There's a market in L.A. (Galco's) that sells foreign versions of our sodas. The Coke there is amazing. So is the Pepsi. One forgets how they used to taste.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:44 pm

Estonut wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:I'm not a soda freak, but if I do drink one it would be full sugar Coke. Despise sugar free ones. Real Coke only.
There's a market in L.A. (Galco's) that sells foreign versions of our sodas. The Coke there is amazing. So is the Pepsi. One forgets how they used to taste.
The bouquet...the legs...the sugar caffeine ice cold jolt with real bubbles.
Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:26 am

Beebs52 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
The bouquet...the legs...the sugar caffeine ice cold jolt with real bubbles.
I went back to the site to reminisce and found that a Bored favorite is wait-listed.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 am

Estonut wrote:
I'm pretty sure I've seen Mexican Coke (cane sugar, rather than high-fructose corn syrup) advertised elsewhere in the States. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:49 am

Bob78164 wrote:I'm pretty sure I've seen Mexican Coke (cane sugar, rather than high-fructose corn syrup) advertised elsewhere in the States. --Bob
Passover Coca-Cola, which uses cane sugar (grain products like corn, wheat, and rice are not kosher for Passover) has become popular with some non-Jews for that reason.

https://newrepublic.com/article/112747/112747
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#9 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:11 am

Estonut wrote:I went back to the site to reminisce and found that a Bored favorite is wait-listed.

I have a five year old bottle of Fukola that may only be slightly expired. I wonder what it would fetch on eBay from those who don't want to wait....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

earendel

#10 Post by earendel » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:31 am

jaybee wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this some kind of conspiracy against us diabetic types?

I gave up cookies. I gave up cake and donuts. I gave up all that tasty stuff, all that sugary stuff, all those great carbs. Life became bleak, but healthy. And then, on the horizon, appeared Coke Zero. Not 'real' Coke to be sure but not-too-bad. Got better after several tries. Now I'm fine with it, even look forward to drinking one.

Gotta start all over again. <sigh>
According to USA Today (*cough*FAKE NEWS*cough* :mrgreen: ) the ingredients in the new soda are the same as Coke Zero, so the formula may just have been tweaked a little.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

jaybee

#11 Post by jaybee » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:18 pm

I guess if "new Coke Zero" bombs they can always do a huge ad campaign staring Bill Cosby to help it regain it's reputation.
Jaybee

jaybee

#12 Post by jaybee » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:18 am

Well, the "NEW" Coke Zero is out. The can has more red on it, less black. That's about the only difference that I can tell. The old stuff listed an amino acid called Phenylalanine while the new has higher amounts of Potassium instead. On a scale of 0-10 of life changing events, I give this one a .000062.
Jaybee

ghostjmf

#13 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:23 am

Phenylalanine is very important to avoid if you have phenylketonurea, where you can't take it apart, & the ketone bodies destroy your brain.

Kinda why I'm back on insulin; I don't have PKU, but my diabetic body was building up ketone bodies from other chems.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#14 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:08 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Estonut wrote:I went back to the site to reminisce and found that a Bored favorite is wait-listed.

I have a five year old bottle of Fukola that may only be slightly expired. I wonder what it would fetch on eBay from those who don't want to wait....

lb13
SteelersFan drank mine, long before he swore off fizzy drinks. He's not quite pure; he had a Dr Pepper last week.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller