Coupons from the Golden Corral

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Coupons from the Golden Corral

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:19 am

littlebeast13 wrote:but for about two years earlier this decade, we did go to Golden Corral until we decided it was just too damned expensive even with a coupon.
I didn't want to hijack the other thread but I was intrigued by this line. Where in the heck do you get Golden Corral coupons? The only ones I've ever seen are the twofers they send you for your birthday, and even by maximizing our usage of them, that's six a year (myself, Mrs. SSS and our daughter, all sent to two different e-mail accounts for two different Golden Corrals).

One other trick we've learned on days when I'm home from work is to go about 3:45 in the afternoon. They charge you the lunch price (which for seniors includes a drink) and at 4:00 they bring out the steak and other night-time goodies on the menu.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

TheConfessor

Re: Coupons from the Golden Corral

#2 Post by TheConfessor » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:19 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:but for about two years earlier this decade, we did go to Golden Corral until we decided it was just too damned expensive even with a coupon.
I didn't want to hijack the other thread but I was intrigued by this line. Where in the heck do you get Golden Corral coupons? The only ones I've ever seen are the twofers they send you for your birthday, and even by maximizing our usage of them, that's six a year (myself, Mrs. SSS and our daughter, all sent to two different e-mail accounts for two different Golden Corrals).

One other trick we've learned on days when I'm home from work is to go about 3:45 in the afternoon. They charge you the lunch price (which for seniors includes a drink) and at 4:00 they bring out the steak and other night-time goodies on the menu.
I generally try to time my arrival that way, too. Once I got the manager to overrided their inaccurate cash register when it said it was 4:03 and my cell phone showed it was actually only 3:57. But I went vegan a few months ago so my 4:00 premium items are stuff like mushrooms and corn on the cob.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Coupons from the Golden Corral

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:46 am

silverscreenselect wrote:

From those weekly ad/coupon circulars that come through the mail. It wasn't something you could rely on... there'd be coupons every other week or so for several months, then all of a sudden you wouldn't see any at all for several more months. But there would usually be two discounted lunch buffets and two discounted dinner buffets (Around the senior price, which my Dad could get anyway)... which still didn't bring the price down anywhere near as cheap as we could graze off Ponderosa's buffet for. Ponderosa had better chicken anyway...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com