Full Frontal Coast to Coast Tour

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SolarEclipse
Merry Man

Re: Full Frontal Coast to Coast Tour

#26 Post by SolarEclipse » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:45 pm

ghostjmf wrote:testing
I'm pretty sure I'm not going there.

silverscreenselect

#27 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Has anyone announced yet when the makeup date will be for this event in case it rains?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#28 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:54 pm

We have a 95% in Olympia. I was toying with the idea of driving down to central Oregon, but there are only so many roads that go there, and they will be packed. Hotels have been booked for years. Too many negatives and risks to try. I will be happy with the 95%. If it's cloudy, I might drive to where it isn't, but that's it for me.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#29 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:53 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:We have a 95% in Olympia. I was toying with the idea of driving down to central Oregon, but there are only so many roads that go there, and they will be packed. Hotels have been booked for years. Too many negatives and risks to try. I will be happy with the 95%. If it's cloudy, I might drive to where it isn't, but that's it for me.
I will say, having seen both, that there's an enormous difference between 95% and the full monty. If there's any practical way for you to get within the path of totality (and out from under cloud cover), I'd strongly recommend you go for it. But you're right that it's probably far too late to book a room for under $1000 or so. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

ghostjmf

#30 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:18 am

Cloud went in front of sun at observatory in Goldendale WA. I had been visiting in Seattle, & took 9 hour bus trip to get there because the pass bus usually took was blocked w/ snow.

I had no credit card back then, & though rental companies were supposed to rent cars with huge deposit, none would.

The town let us stragglers sleep on floor of a public building. Me & fellow eclipse nerd I had met on bus got a lift to that observatory, which had been built because it would be in the path of 3 eclpses.

On the way back, the driver stopped at the Stonehenge replica built as a war memorial on the gorge of the Columbia river. Gorgeous gorge way upstaged the memorial. Hippies were lounging on every stone they could, & those who were articulate told us their view had been perfect.

I"d like to go this year to a state w/ no clouds. I don't need car, though maybe fellow nerds would give me lift to someplace scenic. But just going outside the airport terminal should work. I don't need hotel room; I've slept in airport teminals before, though not by choice.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

SolarEclipse
Merry Man

#31 Post by SolarEclipse » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:27 am

Good news for those in Oregon. I'm all about safety. Hopefully these guys have plenty of stun guns and water cannons to keep my more fervent fans in check. There should be plenty of weed smoking, long haired, VW Microbuss driving, pacifists to watch in Oregon. They'll get most of the Guard's attention.

National Guard soldiers will deploy across Oregon during August's eclipse

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#32 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:32 am

SolarEclipse wrote:Good news for those in Oregon. I'm all about safety. Hopefully these guys have plenty of stun guns and water cannons to keep my more fervent fans in check. There should be plenty of weed smoking, long haired, VW Microbuss driving, pacifists to watch in Oregon. They'll get most of the Guard's attention.
But I thought Flock was gonna stay in Olympia...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SolarEclipse
Merry Man

#33 Post by SolarEclipse » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:33 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Has anyone announced yet when the makeup date will be for this event in case it rains?
For Georgia? I'm back Aug. 12th, 2045. Just getting the far southwest corner, though. But from your wheelchair at the old, old, old folks home you probably won't notice that you're only getting 94% coverage.

SolarEclipse
Merry Man

#34 Post by SolarEclipse » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:40 am

TheConfessor wrote:
SolarEclipse wrote: I hope to see you at the show! I know Cal will be there as I have a performance in his town. I'll also be in LB's town, but my performance is probably during his normal sleep time. I do hope he wakes up to watch. Holtdad will get good seats as well as I'm playing the full show in Lincoln. I'm a little disappointed with that Wellman chick as I planned 20 billion years to perform in Rigby, then she ups and moves to Alaska. I never go there.
I was wondering if this is true, that total eclipses never happen in Alaska. Apparently it's not true.
https://astronomy.stackexchange.com/que ... ar-eclipse
Of course its not completely true. I go anywhere I want. But I won't be in Alaska again until 2033. I didn't say "never, ever".

andrewjackson

#35 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:48 am

I will be on my way to O'Hare from Michigan for a flight. Hopefully I can find a spot for a reasonable view along the way. It won't be total but, weather permitting, I'll see most of you.

Better than in Houston, anyway.
No matter where you go, there you are.

ghostjmf

#36 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:40 am

Something just came up which looks like it will keep me here. Damn.

silverscreenselect

#37 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:40 am

SolarEclipse wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Has anyone announced yet when the makeup date will be for this event in case it rains?
For Georgia? I'm back Aug. 12th, 2045. Just getting the far southwest corner, though. But from your wheelchair at the old, old, old folks home you probably won't notice that you're only getting 94% coverage.
I was thinking about something a bit sooner. Do you think you could work it out for, say, Monday the 28th? That would work better for me.

Iben Browning
Merry Man

#38 Post by Iben Browning » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:02 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
SolarEclipse wrote:
I was thinking about something a bit sooner. Do you think you could work it out for, say, Monday the 28th? That would work better for me.

I'll bet a giant 99.9 earthquake would disrupt the rotation and orbit of the earth enough to move the eclipse to another day! I'll see what I can do....
Disaster strikes December 3, 1990! You have been warned!

SolarEclipse
Merry Man

#39 Post by SolarEclipse » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:21 pm

SolarEclipse wrote:
No can do. By the 28th I'll be deep in planning for my next Full Frontal show in Chile and Argentina. It takes a lot of show prep.

silverscreenselect

#40 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:42 pm

SolarEclipse wrote:
SolarEclipse wrote:
No can do. By the 28th I'll be deep in planning for my next Full Frontal show in Chile and Argentina. It takes a lot of show prep.
With crappy customer service like that, it's no wonder you don't show your face.

SolarEclipse
Merry Man

#41 Post by SolarEclipse » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:51 am

silverscreenselect wrote:With crappy customer service like that, it's no wonder you don't show your face.
Just for that, I will not show up in the Southeast. In fact, I'm ordering a tropical storm for the day.

I will make you the Steve Bartman of the Great American Eclipse.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#42 Post by Vandal » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:03 pm

From Rolling Stone's Facebook page:

In a completely meta moment, Bonnie Tyler will perform her 1983 hit "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on a eclipse-themed cruise during the solar eclipse.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#43 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Vandal wrote:From Rolling Stone's Facebook page:

In a completely meta moment, Bonnie Tyler will perform her 1983 hit "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on a eclipse-themed cruise during the solar eclipse.

I hope the passengers didn't have to pay extra for that.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

silverscreenselect

#44 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:03 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Tickets start at $3,676 per person.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruis ... F20%2F2017

The next cruise on that same itinerary is September 10 with tickets starting at $614 a person.

mrkelley23

#45 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:51 pm

BackInTex wrote:

The next cruise on that same itinerary is September 10 with tickets starting at $614 a person.
Sheesh! Next thing you know, Motel 6 will be charging $1000 a night.

Still can't figure out why price-gouging laws don't apply here. Of course, Royal Caribbean isn't flagged here, so they don't have to worry, anyway.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

BackInTex

#46 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:15 pm

BackInTex wrote:

Considering the Motel 6 in Sydney Nebraska was charging $1,002 for the night of the 21st, not including breakfast, that's not too bad of a deal.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#47 Post by BackInTex » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:16 pm

mrkelley23 wrote: Sheesh! Next thing you know, Motel 6 will be charging $1000 a night.
Beat me to it, I think. You were being flippant rather than sarcastic, correct? You knew?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

mrkelley23

#48 Post by mrkelley23 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 pm

BackInTex wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote: Sheesh! Next thing you know, Motel 6 will be charging $1000 a night.
Beat me to it, I think. You were being flippant rather than sarcastic, correct? You knew?
I remembered you posting about it, either here or on EFB.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Spock

#49 Post by Spock » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:05 pm

BackInTex wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

Considering the Motel 6 in Sydney Nebraska was charging $1,002 for the night of the 21st, not including breakfast, that's not too bad of a deal.
Breakfast might not be included, but they throw in the "Hookers and Drug Deals" ambience as part of the package.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#50 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:35 pm

It looks like ABC will indeed fulfill a 38-year-old promise.

--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson