RIP The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

RIP The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Two Walt Disney World attractions that will present their last performances today, 8/13/17.

The loss of "Energy Adventure" in EPCOT is not that big of a deal to me. It was ok, but was definitely skippable if you were on a tight schedule. I doubt many will lament its loss, especially when its replacement, featuring The Guardians Of The Galaxy, opens up in a couple years.

"Movie Ride" (at Disney's Hollywood Studios), though...

Yes, it's somewhat dated and even "quaint" compared to today's whizz bang attractions, but I'm taking this one personally. It was the very first attraction we saw on the very first day of the very first trip we ever made to WDW, in 1991. My son Mike was just 6 years old. The next 10 times we went there, it was the first thing we'd take in on our Hollywood Studios day. So even though my current status makes it unlikely I will ever get to WDW again and therefore the point is moot, I'm still feeling a little sad and sentimental about this.

Movie Ride will be replaced by a whizz bang Mickey and Minnie ride. Actually, it's about time, as it's the first full-fledged attraction centered on Mickey ever, but I could think of a few other things more worthy of getting the axe...

:cry: :cry: :cry:
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

geoffil

Re: RIP The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure

#2 Post by geoffil » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:43 pm

I took my daughter (age 6 at the time) on the ride. She had conversation with the guide before the we started and when the tour guide was "kidnapped" during the ride, she got upset and wanted everyone to help find the guide.
The 'kidnappers " got upset and radioed to get the guide to return at the next stop causing the ride to have a new story line.

Pastor Fireball

Re: RIP The Great Movie Ride and Ellen's Energy Adventure

#3 Post by Pastor Fireball » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:01 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:"Movie Ride" (at Disney's Hollywood Studios), though...

Yes, it's somewhat dated and even "quaint" compared to today's whizz bang attractions, but I'm taking this one personally. It was the very first attraction we saw on the very first day of the very first trip we ever made to WDW, in 1991. My son Mike was just 6 years old. The next 10 times we went there, it was the first thing we'd take in on our Hollywood Studios day. So even though my current status makes it unlikely I will ever get to WDW again and therefore the point is moot, I'm still feeling a little sad and sentimental about this.
Completely agree on this. This was one of the attractions that I had the pleasure of visiting when I took my first wife and my kids down to Walt Disney World, back when: 1) this section of the park was called "Disney MGM Studios", 2) attending WDW cost only $40 for an adult ticket, and 3) it still had the WWTBAM Play It! attraction.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)