Total Eclipse Of The Sunchine

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Total Eclipse Of The Sunchine

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:28 am

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Sunchine

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:08 am

I love it!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:26 am

LOL - No way ES stayed perfectly still with the opportunity of complete cover of darkness. Just sayin'...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:45 am

tlynn78 wrote:LOL - No way ES stayed perfectly still with the opportunity of complete cover of darkness. Just sayin'...

Maybe if he would have been watching with Sprots....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:45 am

silvercamaro wrote:I love it!
If Cafepress could put an animated design on a mug, I would buy you one...

lb13

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#6 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:21 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Somewhere is an entrepreneur who is working on that right now.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

mellytu74

#7 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:36 pm

WONDERFUL!!!!!

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:03 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
They could, but it's prolly expensive to one-off it.

That multi-image thing you often see on DVD/Blu-ray cases is called lenticular printing. I had to look that up once to see what the Angels were giving away.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#9 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Estonut wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

That multi-image thing you often see on DVD/Blu-ray cases is called lenticular printing. I had to look that up once to see what the Angels were giving away.
Interesting. I have seen it, but not previously understood how lenticular printing worked. Probably because LB used the word "mug," my first thoughts went to a more sophisticated/complicated version of those inks or paints that change color depending upon the temperature of the surface, giving us those mugs on which words or images appear or disappear when hot coffee or tea is poured inside.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:15 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Estonut wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:If Cafepress could put an animated design on a mug, I would buy you one...

Interesting. I have seen it, but not previously understood how lenticular printing worked. Probably because LB used the word "mug," my first thoughts went to a more sophisticated/complicated version of those inks or paints that change color depending upon the temperature of the surface, giving us those mugs on which words or images appear or disappear when hot coffee or tea is poured inside.
Some Caltech students used some of those mugs to seriously prank MIT. They gave them out at MIT's freshman orientation. When empty, the mugs read: "MIT, the engineering school." When filled with hot liquid, they read: "Caltech, the BETTER engineering school." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 am

silvercamaro wrote:Interesting. I have seen it, but not previously understood how lenticular printing worked. Probably because LB used the word "mug," my first thoughts went to a more sophisticated/complicated version of those inks or paints that change color depending upon the temperature of the surface, giving us those mugs on which words or images appear or disappear when hot coffee or tea is poured inside.

CP does have color changing mugs that work on this principle... which I was unaware of myself until one of my blog contest winners earlier this year requested one. The mug color changes from white to black when it contains hot coffee. I don't think the printed image changed with it...

lb13

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:21 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Estonut wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:If Cafepress could put an animated design on a mug, I would buy you one...

Lenticular images require a lens. Actually many.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#13 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:11 am

Bob Juch wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
Estonut wrote:They could, but it's prolly expensive to one-off it.

Have you assumed that I do not know how to read? Mr. Google and his little dog Wiki already explained that to me in much greater detail with lots of long words and illustrations.

christie1111
11:11

#14 Post by christie1111 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:32 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
Have you assumed that I do not know how to read? Mr. Google and his little dog Wiki already explained that to me in much greater detail with lots of long words and illustrations.

:-)
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#15 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:57 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:LOL - No way ES stayed perfectly still with the opportunity of complete cover of darkness. Just sayin'...

Maybe if he would have been watching with Sprots....

lb13
I am confident that the barrier which has kept mangy rodents out of Colorado for many years applies in Wyoming also.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller