Arrgh!! Package tracking (USPS)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SpacemanSpiff

Arrgh!! Package tracking (USPS)

#1 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:05 pm

This is a USPS Priority envelop I am following via email notices, though I have had similar problems with UPS and FedEx.

I followed the tracking, and it was just fine -- left Chattanooga Wednesday, went to a regional processing center in Maryland, then showed up at the Richmond processing center about 8:30 last night. I figure, "cool, I'll get it Friday".

Then at 11:30pm, I got another alert: "Package arrived at Detroit MI facility."

HUUUUH?

I does show it left Detroit at 3:30ish am, but no word on it arriving at Richmond (or any other center) as of this afternoon.

Gotta love it.

ghostjmf

Re: Arrgh!! Package tracking (USPS)

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Amazon sends you a photo of your door with your package sitting in front of it. Supposedly your door. You can't enlarge the photo, not on this tablet anyway. Could be anyone's door.

Then they ask you how you like the photo.

Oh yeah; then I got home & said package wasn't there. Someone had brought it inside. Considering what it cost, only when I saw it did my heart start up again.

SpacemanSpiff

#3 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Whelp, I just got the next update -- now it's back in Maryland as of 6:27 pm. And left Maryland (presumably to here) as of 6:43 pm.

We'll see what the Richmond center manages to do this time.

BTW - last week it was UPS who "misshipped" something -- the paychecks to our office. I'm beginning to think it's me.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:37 pm

ghostjmf wrote:Amazon sends you a photo of your door with your package sitting in front of it. Supposedly your door. You can't enlarge the photo, not on this tablet anyway. Could be anyone's door.

Then they ask you how you like the photo.

Oh yeah; then I got home & said package wasn't there. Someone had brought it inside. Considering what it cost, only when I saw it did my heart start up again.
I didn't know Amazon did that. It must be only when Amazon delivers the packages themselves.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.