Ack! Good luck to all in the Corpus Christi area!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Ack! Good luck to all in the Corpus Christi area!

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:06 pm

STORM SURGE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT ... Wind Forecast: 45-60 mph ... Extremely dangerous and life-threatening wind is possible ... Driving conditions become very dangerous ...

I just saw a forecast for 30 inches of rain. Good luck, everybody!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

Re: Ack! Good luck to all in the Corpus Christi area!

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:29 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:STORM SURGE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT ... Wind Forecast: 45-60 mph ... Extremely dangerous and life-threatening wind is possible ... Driving conditions become very dangerous ...

And KT too!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:36 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:STORM SURGE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT ... Wind Forecast: 45-60 mph ... Extremely dangerous and life-threatening wind is possible ... Driving conditions become very dangerous ...

And KT too!
He's in San Antonio for the duration now.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:12 am

The biggest problem I see, aside from it being a Cat 3 at landfall, is the 5+ days of Hurricane/Tropical Storm conditions. The current track has Harvey continuing to be at or above tropical storm status at least until Wednesday (as far out as they forecast). And we, Houston, are on the dirty side the entire time.

Happy birthday me.

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:00 am

Stay safe, everyone! Check in whenever possible, just to let us know you're ok.

I sound like my mother.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

TheConfessor

#6 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:30 am

BackInTex wrote:The biggest problem I see, aside from it being a Cat 3 at landfall, is the 5+ days of Hurricane/Tropical Storm conditions. The current track has Harvey continuing to be at or above tropical storm status at least until Wednesday (as far out as they forecast). And we, Houston, are on the dirty side the entire time.

Happy birthday me.

That would be a very strange storm path. Looks like it goes somewhere between Beeville and Goliad, where it remains stationary for a day, then does a 300 degree turn and backs away, then heads up to Houston. I'm okay with it missing Austin, but i still plan on getting wet. Good luck to everyone!