I'm a sister again!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Lizbit
Four-Footer

I'm a sister again!

#1 Post by Lizbit » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:43 am

This was one of the two pups my mom had hoped to meet on Wednesday. The people who adopted her first brought her back yesterday. They said, "We didn't know a puppy would be so much trouble." (My mom said, "I hope they never have children.")
When her photo showed up again on the animal shelter's web site, my mom got up early and drove over in the rain.

I like her a lot. She does have a lot to learn, but I will teach her, and I will sign her up for home school when she's old enough to read. She is already good at playing with my toys! I'm willing to share, but I'm thinking she may need some stuff of her own so she can stop stealing mine. She just took my best yellow stuffed duck.

She is black and white, almost as cute as me. I think she is half border collie and half alligator. I will post her picture as soon as I can figure it out again.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: I'm a sister again!

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:50 am

Last edited by silvercamaro on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#3 Post by Evil Squirrel » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:51 am

Please bring her out in the backyard so I can formally introduce myself!
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:56 am

They seem to have cleverly disguised that pooch's url. I had to upload it to my blog to get a workable link...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#5 Post by Lizbit » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:05 pm

Thank you, Mr. little. I don't know what I was doing wrong.

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 pm

She's a lucky pup to get adopted into your family. Instant bestest big sister and all.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:20 pm

She looks guilty in that photo. What did she do?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:22 pm

And just like that, I fell in love. You are a lucky girl, and so is your new sister. I know you'll be a fabulous big sister. Has she told you her name yet?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Lizbit wrote:This was one of the two pups my mom had hoped to meet on Wednesday. The people who adopted her first brought her back yesterday. They said, "We didn't know a puppy would be so much trouble." (My mom said, "I hope they never have children.")
When her photo showed up again on the animal shelter's web site, my mom got up early and drove over in the rain.

I like her a lot. She does have a lot to learn, but I will teach her, and I will sign her up for home school when she's old enough to read. She is already good at playing with my toys! I'm willing to share, but I'm thinking she may need some stuff of her own so she can stop stealing mine. She just took my best yellow stuffed duck.

She is black and white, almost as cute as me. I think she is half border collie and half alligator. I will post her picture as soon as I can figure it out again.
One of your first jobs, of course, will be to teach her how to use the Bored. We'd like to meet her too. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

mrkelley23

#10 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Lucky girls. congrats on the growing family.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

christie1111
11:11

#11 Post by christie1111 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Adorable!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#12 Post by Lizbit » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:39 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
And just like that, I fell in love. You are a lucky girl, and so is your new sister. I know you'll be a fabulous big sister. Has she told you her name yet?
Miss T, we asked her what her name was. She said she'd never had a real name, just a card on her shelter cage that started "A03..." and a bunch of other numbers. She didn't want that to be her name. My mom and I made a bunch of suggestions -- royal names like Victoria or Alexandra, jokey names like Sasquatch or Poopyhead (my suggestion), game names like Domino or Shortstop, science and math names such as Tesla or Galois, and computerish words, including Techno, I-Paw-Mini, and Wiki.

"Wiki," she said. "That's my name. I can rhyme a lot of other words with Wiki, in case I ever want to be a poet or something."

I don't even know how she knows about poets, but there you go. Her name is Wiki.

Tonight, instead of telling her a bedtime story, I will read some poems to her from A.A. Milne's Now We Are Six.
Last edited by Lizbit on Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#13 Post by Lizbit » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:42 pm

Bob Juch wrote:She looks guilty in that photo. What did she do?
Wiki leaks.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#14 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:01 am

That face!
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#15 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:25 am

Wiki is an excellent name for an excellent person.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#16 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:29 am

Lizbit wrote:Tonight, instead of telling her a bedtime story, I will read some poems to her from A.A. Milne's Now We Are Six.

A very good choice, Lizbit..you are already showing what a wonderful big sister you will be! And I loved your joke..."Wiki leaks"...

This was me after reading that.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, you have to put some hair and a beard on the face, and my skin is not yellow (I am not a Simpson), but you get the idea.

Welcome, Wiki! You are getting a great family.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#17 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:32 am

Beebs52 wrote:That face!

Indeed. That is a face that would earn acquittal from any jury in the country, no matter the charge or proof of guilt.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

a1mamacat

#18 Post by a1mamacat » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:08 pm

Oh My Goodness, Lizbit, you are right. She is almost as cute as you are.

Wiki is very lucky to have you as a big sister.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

tlynn78

#19 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:12 am

Lizbit wrote:
Wiki leaks.
LOL - Wiki is an excellent name ! I think you're going to have your paws full helping her learn, but how exciting for you! You'll do an excellent job, I'm sure.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#20 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:39 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Lizbit wrote:
Wiki leaks.
LOL - Wiki is an excellent name ! I think you're going to have your paws full helping her learn, but how exciting for you! You'll do an excellent job, I'm sure.

YAY! Your new sister shares a name with one of my blog comic's more popular characters...

Spoiler

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#21 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Congratulations!! She is adorable!!

Too much trouble . . . harrumph. I too hope they never have children.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

MarleysGh0st

#22 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:34 pm

I've been catching up on Bored threads after being on vacation for three weeks, and I'm so, so happy for you, big-sister-again Lizbit!

And Wiki, you've found yourself the bestest family, ever! That other family didn't deserve you.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#23 Post by kayrharris » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:55 pm

Lizbit surely needed a sibling. Wiki is adorable.

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

ghostjmf

#24 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:35 pm

Be happy, pup-pups!