Happy birthday, BackInTex!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Happy birthday, BackInTex!

#1 Post by Vandal » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:23 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

earendel

Re: Happy birthday, BackInTex!

#2 Post by earendel » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:25 am

Happy birthday!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

elwoodblues

#3 Post by elwoodblues » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:53 am

Happy birthday!

Noah's Ark
Merry Man

#4 Post by Noah's Ark » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:35 am

Happy birthday!

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:17 am

Vandal wrote:Image
An umbrella and a pair of galoshes might have been a more apropos gift, but Happy Birthday anyway.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:02 am

Happy Birthday, BiT. Stay safe.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am

May your day be both safe and dry, in addition to happy!
("Dry" in the literal sense; feel free to enjoy liquid libations)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

lilclyde54

#8 Post by lilclyde54 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:35 am

Happy Birthday BiT. Hope you are on dry land as you celebrate.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#9 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:49 am

Hoping you and yours are safe and sound, and that you are enjoying your birthday to spite that asshat Harvey.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#10 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:13 pm

Hope you didn't get a canoe or anything...
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Happy birthday! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:10 am

Thanks all.

I had a good day. Not necessarily how I'd plan a birthday, but I spent most of the day helping neighbors who got flooded tear out their floors. Today I'm going back to cut and tear out sheet rock. Its nice to be needed and useful.

Starting with the 3rd house down from me and continuing around the block there were about 10 homes flooded near me. They got anywhere from 4 to 14 inches in their homes. Not devastating but its like being pregnant, you are or your aren't.

In the morning, my wife, son, m-i-l, and I left to go check on the m-i-l's homes (she has two). Both were find, thankfully. We got back and the our street was busy with volunteers on 9 of those 10 houses. The one closest to me belongs to Butch and Laura. They moved in less than a year ago. I just met Butch the day of the flood. His wife Laura was not at the house that day because she is on dialysis twice a week waiting for a new kidneys and had been evacuated by friends.

As I was walking over to the house my wife was at I saw Laura standing in her house and I asked if she had anyone in there helping and she said "no". I said "Let me get some you some help." She was hesitant and said Butch had to go to work (he works for an insurance company) and would be back later, and sort of indicated "but thanks anyway". I saw another neighbor Jeff and his wife Brenda (not flooded) who were walking back from the other houses and asked Jeff if he could help me start on Butch's house. Laura was a little taken back but said "O.K.". I spoke with another neighbor Terri, who got 14 inches, and told her to tell my wife I was at Butch's house because they had no one working there and she said she'd get them on the list for the church who sent about 30 folks to our section. Within the hour we had about 10 folks (adults and teenagers) moving furniture an tearing out flooring.

Butch called Laura to check on her and she told him about the people working in his house. She told him that "Brad would not take no for an answer". Butch go home around 4:00 and was taken aback by the activity in his house. He is originally from New York and was hesitant to ask for help, too proud, to uncomfortable, whatever. He kept saying, he was going to get it done, but I kept telling him how urgent it was to get all the wetness out to start the drying process and he could not do it alone. He was appreciative and accepting of the help. When I finally left Laura came and gave me a great big hug, crying, thanking me for pushing the issue.

Going back in a few minutes to continue the cleanup. Its a good feeling. Most of these folks did not have flood insurance. We are all above the 500 year flood plain.

I staked the high water mark yesterday morning and pulled a level line from to top of my foundation. 8 inches.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)