Season 16 of Who Wants to be a Millionaire

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Season 16 of Who Wants to be a Millionaire

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:08 am

It doesn't look like Millionaire will be shown in the Atlanta area this season.

Bob Juch

Re: Season 16 of Who Wants to be a Millionaire

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:38 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:It doesn't look like Millionaire will be shown in the Atlanta area this season.
The website says: WPCH | 4:00PM & 4:30PM
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:43 am

According to the promo site the show grew in popularity last year "more than any other 1st -run syndicated game show".

triviawayne

#4 Post by triviawayne » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:44 pm

ghostjmf wrote:According to the promo site the show grew in popularity last year "more than any other 1st -run syndicated game show".
not really much of an accomplishment when you consider the percentage growth potential of the big three, and how CNG ratings were flat; especially when you add in to the equation all the timeslot pickups over the prior season.

but hey, if the show wants to toot that horn, I won't stop them.

K.P.

#5 Post by K.P. » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:34 pm

triviawayne wrote:but hey, if the show wants to toot that horn, I won't stop them.
If it justifies the show's return, I'm all for it.

kusch

#6 Post by kusch » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:37 pm

So, for many years WWTBAM was on my NBC affiliate. It was one show a day. Starting today the show is on my Fox affiliate. They show 2 shows a day. The carryover from the first show was not the starting contestant on the 2nd show. (they are back to back show times). My DVR is set to record only new shows. Am I really getting two new shows or isone really from a previous season? Thanks

triviawayne

#7 Post by triviawayne » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:08 pm

kusch wrote:So, for many years WWTBAM was on my NBC affiliate. It was one show a day. Starting today the show is on my Fox affiliate. They show 2 shows a day. The carryover from the first show was not the starting contestant on the 2nd show. (they are back to back show times). My DVR is set to record only new shows. Am I really getting two new shows or isone really from a previous season? Thanks
The first episode is the primary, the next is the secondary.

They are both from the current season, but the secondary is about six weeks ahead. Eventually you'll see the season premiere on the secondary, and that second episode will be like seeing current season reruns for the rest of the year.

bazodee

#8 Post by bazodee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:It doesn't look like Millionaire will be shown in the Atlanta area this season.
The website says: WPCH | 4:00PM & 4:30PM
Unfortunately this is not correct. The King of Queens (2 episodes) is on WPCH (antenna channel 17) from 4-5.

Agrajag

#9 Post by Agrajag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Do you need someone to send you data so you can transcript the new season? Watching the first two episodes now

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Agrajag wrote:
Do you need someone to send you data so you can transcript the new season? Watching the first two episodes now
If you're willing to join the Transcript Team, I'm sure someone will be more than happy to PM the password to you and then you can help more directly if you're so inclined. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Agrajag

#11 Post by Agrajag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:08 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
If you're willing to join the Transcript Team, I'm sure someone will be more than happy to PM the password to you and then you can help more directly if you're so inclined. --Bob
Was just googling to see if the TransciptTeam was an actual Team or what. PM me the password. I already have the first half of S16E01 all typed up!

Agrajag

#12 Post by Agrajag » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Agrajag wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Agrajag wrote: Do you need someone to send you data so you can transcript the new season? Watching the first two episodes now
Was just googling to see if the TransciptTeam was an actual Team or what. PM me the password. I already have the first half of S16E01 all typed up!
Also, I'm guessing there may be a template. If whoever PMs me the password could forward that along, that'd be super :-)

Snaxx

#13 Post by Snaxx » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:53 pm

Agrajag wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:If you're willing to join the Transcript Team, I'm sure someone will be more than happy to PM the password to you and then you can help more directly if you're so inclined. --Bob
Also, I'm guessing there may be a template. If whoever PMs me the password could forward that along, that'd be super :-)

Since a template is not a state secret like the password, here is what mine looked like.
If you hit reply and quote I think you will be able to copy and paste it to a document.

Contestant
Where Else, WE

$500 :

Spoiler

$1000 :

Spoiler

$2000 :

Spoiler

$3000 :

Spoiler

$5000 :

Spoiler

$7000 :

Spoiler

$10K :

Spoiler

$20K :

Spoiler

$30K :

Spoiler

$50K :

Spoiler

$100K :

Spoiler

$250K :

Spoiler

$500K :

Spoiler

$1M:

Spoiler
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

ThreeIfByAir

#14 Post by ThreeIfByAir » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:52 am

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. (Well, actually, I posted on the old Bored around 2003-4 when I taped my appearance alongside Amy aka otherindigo.)

I have DVR copies of the first two secondary episodes, featuring Cassidy Denton, Joanne Warzoha, Kyle Kahan and Bonnie Elaine. Is there interest in me writing those up?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#15 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 am

ThreeIfByAir wrote:Longtime lurker, first-time poster. (Well, actually, I posted on the old Bored around 2003-4 when I taped my appearance alongside Amy aka otherindigo.)

I have DVR copies of the first two secondary episodes, featuring Cassidy Denton, Joanne Warzoha, Kyle Kahan and Bonnie Elaine. Is there interest in me writing those up?
Welcome aBored! If you're volunteering to join the Transcript Team, I think they would welcome your participation. The only issue would be communicating with other members of the team to avoid wasting work by having two people write up the same transcript. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson