transcript help

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

transcript help

#1 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 am

I normally do the Friday transcripts, but this week our local station is showing a Dodgers/Nationals baseball game (why, I don't know - neither of those teams are exactly in our market). The game starts at 1PM, which is the time that WWTBAM airs here. I need someone to volunteer to handle the transcripts for this Friday, please.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Agrajag

Re: transcript help

#2 Post by Agrajag » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:40 am

earendel wrote:I normally do the Friday transcripts, but this week our local station is showing a Dodgers/Nationals baseball game (why, I don't know - neither of those teams are exactly in our market). The game starts at 1PM, which is the time that WWTBAM airs here. I need someone to volunteer to handle the transcripts for this Friday, please.
I can do it.

Separate question. My Philly affiliate is double-running the season (my DVR didn't tape the overnight Monday episode but I have a new episode from last night). Do we want early transcripts or should I hold off for them to premiere in the single-run time slot? Unfortunately, I have no idea how far ahead these extra episodes are (rumor is lat year, it was about six weeks)

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

Agrajag wrote:
earendel wrote:I normally do the Friday transcripts, but this week our local station is showing a Dodgers/Nationals baseball game (why, I don't know - neither of those teams are exactly in our market). The game starts at 1PM, which is the time that WWTBAM airs here. I need someone to volunteer to handle the transcripts for this Friday, please.
I can do it.

Separate question. My Philly affiliate is double-running the season (my DVR didn't tape the overnight Monday episode but I have a new episode from last night). Do we want early transcripts or should I hold off for them to premiere in the single-run time slot? Unfortunately, I have no idea how far ahead these extra episodes are (rumor is last year, it was about six weeks)
Thanks for volunteering!

Please transcribe the second slot shows if you can. Last year we put "Transcript 9/dd/16b" in the heading. Then after the show airs in the first slot, we edit the body of the transcript to include both broadcast dates.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am

Agrajag wrote:
I can do it.

Separate question. My Philly affiliate is double-running the season (my DVR didn't tape the overnight Monday episode but I have a new episode from last night). Do we want early transcripts or should I hold off for them to premiere in the single-run time slot? Unfortunately, I have no idea how far ahead these extra episodes are (rumor is lat year, it was about six weeks)
It depends upon the transcriptionist. Last season I did both, marking them "a" and "b". Others have waited until the "b" show appeared in the "a" time slot.

Agrajag

#5 Post by Agrajag » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:11 pm

earendel wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
I can do it.

It depends upon the transcriptionist. Last season I did both, marking them "a" and "b". Others have waited until the "b" show appeared in the "a" time slot.
I broke the board... I figured I'd help go back and edit the previous transcripts by adding an A to the date. Well now, they've disappeared from the Transcripts board (they're only in the WWTBAM Bored Posts board). No clue if a moderator needs to move them back and forth or if they're lost for good from the original board.

I'm sorry. I'll avoid "fixing" things from now on...

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Agrajag wrote:
earendel wrote:
Agrajag wrote: I can do it.

I broke the board... I figured I'd help go back and edit the previous transcripts by adding an A to the date. Well now, they've disappeared from the Transcripts board (they're only in the WWTBAM Bored Posts board). No clue if a moderator needs to move them back and forth or if they're lost for good from the original board.

I see five transcript threads from this season on the Transcript forum. Should there be more? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Agrajag

#7 Post by Agrajag » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
earendel wrote: It depends upon the transcriptionist. Last season I did both, marking them "a" and "b". Others have waited until the "b" show appeared in the "a" time slot.

I see five transcript threads from this season on the Transcript forum. Should there be more? --Bob
I can't count. I think I was confused because the titles didn't change on the Transcript page? Yeah... I'll blame that.

Move along... Nothing to see here

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Wednesday is my day (including the second slot). I merged Agrajag's transcripts into mine.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Agrajag

#9 Post by Agrajag » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:28 pm

jarnon wrote:Wednesday is my day (including the second slot). I merged Agrajag's transcripts into mine.
Wasn't aware of the day by day breakdown. Thought I was supposed to do Mondays and second runs. Sorry!

Agrajag

#10 Post by Agrajag » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:09 am

Does anyone know who transcribes every day? Didn't want to do last night's second-run if the Thursday team member is in a second-run market (and same with tonight's if earendel gets the second run)

Transcriber Schedule

Code: Select all

Day  First Run   Second Run
Mon  Agrajag     Agrajag
Tue  Snaxx       Agrajag
Wed  jarnon      jarnon
Thu  ?????????   ?????????
Fri  earendel    ?????????
I'll be covering earendel's first run slot today because of the ballgame.

Also, jarnon (or anyone else), do you have Monday's second run episode? My DVR didn't record it (I have to manually record them AFTER the first run airs... stupid Dish DVR)

EDIT Monday's Second Run had Cassidy Denton and Joanne Warzoha.
Last edited by Agrajag on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jarnon

#11 Post by jarnon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:06 pm

Agrajag wrote:Also, jarnon (or anyone else), do you have Monday's second run episode? My DVR didn't record it (I have to manually record them AFTER the first run airs... stupid Dish DVR)

My Tivo records some shows on its own, and it happened to record the second episode of Millionaire Monday night. So i can transcribe it.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Agrajag

#12 Post by Agrajag » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:01 pm

jarnon wrote:
Agrajag wrote:Also, jarnon (or anyone else), do you have Monday's second run episode? My DVR didn't record it (I have to manually record them AFTER the first run airs... stupid Dish DVR)

My Tivo records some shows on its own, and it happened to record the second episode of Millionaire Monday night. So i can transcribe it.
ty

jarnon

#13 Post by jarnon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 pm

Agrajag wrote:
jarnon wrote:

ty
You're welcome. The show had 18 verbose questions. :roll:
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Snaxx

#14 Post by Snaxx » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 pm

Agrajag wrote:Does anyone know who transcribes every day? Didn't want to do last night's second-run if the Thursday team member is in a second-run market (and same with tonight's if earendel gets the second run)

Transcriber Schedule

Mon  Agrajag     Agrajag
Tue  ?????????   Agrajag
Wed  jarnon      jarnon
I'll be covering earendel's first run slot today because of the ballgame.

Also, jarnon (or anyone else), do you have Monday's second run episode? My DVR didn't record it (I have to manually record them AFTER the first run airs... stupid Dish DVR)

I am the one who has transcribed Tuesday first run shows, and did the first run this Tuesday.
I am not in position to do the second runs, and will be away for a week so I won't be doing the first run next week 9/19 unless it is undone and I find it on my DVR when I return.
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

Agrajag

#15 Post by Agrajag » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:17 pm

Snaxx wrote:I am the one who has transcribed Tuesday first run shows, and did the first run this Tuesday.
I am not in position to do the second runs, and will be away for a week so I won't be doing the first run next week 9/19 unless it is undone and I find it on my DVR when I return.
Updated:

Mon  Agrajag     Agrajag
Tue  Snaxx       Agrajag
Wed  jarnon      jarnon
I can handle next week for you!

Does anyone know who does Thursdays?

earendel

#16 Post by earendel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:35 pm

I'll continue doing both the first and second shows on Fridays.

earendel

#17 Post by earendel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:29 pm

I'll continue doing both the first and second shows on Fridays.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Agrajag wrote:
Snaxx wrote:I am the one who has transcribed Tuesday first run shows, and did the first run this Tuesday.
Updated:

Mon  Agrajag     Agrajag
Tue  Snaxx       Agrajag
Wed  jarnon      jarnon

As I recall, there's been some difficulty filling that spot. If you'd like to do so (and won't burn out), I'm sure it would be appreciated. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Agrajag

#19 Post by Agrajag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:15 pm

earendel wrote:I'll continue doing both the first and second shows on Fridays.
Thanks!

Agrajag

#20 Post by Agrajag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:17 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Updated:

Mon  Agrajag     Agrajag
Tue  Snaxx       Agrajag
Wed  jarnon      jarnon

As I recall, there's been some difficulty filling that spot. If you'd like to do so (and won't burn out), I'm sure it would be appreciated. --Bob
I just sort of realized how looooong the season is and what I may have accidentally signed up for here... I'll try to keep it going. No clue if/when I'll get burned out, but we'll see how long I can last!

Mon  Agrajag     Agrajag
Tue  Snaxx       Agrajag
Wed  jarnon      jarnon
Thu  Agrajag     Agrajag
Fri  earendel    earendell

Agrajag

#21 Post by Agrajag » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:19 pm

Anyone on the transcription team able to help edit today/Monday's first question? Philly market had a weather update so I came in mid $1000 question.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:29 am

Agrajag wrote:Anyone on the transcription team able to help edit today/Monday's first question? Philly market had a weather update so I came in mid $1000 question.
Taken care of. --Bob

Agrajag

#23 Post by Agrajag » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:01 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Agrajag wrote:Anyone on the transcription team able to help edit today/Monday's first question? Philly market had a weather update so I came in mid $1000 question.
Taken care of. --Bob
Need help again with Tuesday's transcription and the first few minutes... P&TY

flockofseagulls104

#24 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:29 pm

I did one for ya.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#25 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Did danangel's carryover appearance get overlooked? We have the other transcript from that day. --Bob