RIP Harry Dean Stanton

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP Harry Dean Stanton

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:17 pm

Harry Dean Stanton, Quintessential American Actor, Dies at 91

Rarely a leading man, the Kentucky native was memorable in 'Paris, Texas,' 'Repo Man,' 'Alien' and 'Big Love.'

Harry Dean Stanton, the character actor with the world-weary face who carved out an exceptional career playing grizzled loners and colorful, offbeat characters in such films as Paris, Texas and Repo Man, has died. He was 91.

Stanton, who also was memorable in Cool Hand Luke (1967), Two-Lane Blacktop (1971), Ridley Scott’s Alien (1979), John Carpenter’s Escape From New York (1981) and John Hughes’ Pretty in Pink (1986) — in fact, what wasn’t he memorable in? — died Friday afternoon of natural causes at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, his agent, John Kelly, told The Hollywood Reporter.
More: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/h ... -91-766020
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: RIP Harry Dean Stanton

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:46 pm

There will never be another actor quite like him. I loved him in almost every film he made.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

ghostjmf

Re: RIP Harry Dean Stanton

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:59 pm

As someone who used to deliver cars, & sometimes had to pick them up from the repo people to take them back to the bank that now owned them, I have to say I never met a Repo Man quite like Stanton...