Transcript 9/11/17b Joanne Warzoha

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 9/11/17b Joanne Warzoha

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:00 pm

(shown in the first slot on 12/25/17)

Joanne Warzoha
Steamboat Springs, Colo.

$500
According to the basic rules of the Geneva Conventions, which of these is NOT one of the rights guaranteed to prisoners of war?
A: Dignified treatment B: Protection from torture
C: Free soft drink refills D: Access to medical care

Spoiler
C: Free soft drink refills

$1,000
Which of these terms is commonly used by hairstylists to describe super-short bangs, like those worn by famed pin-up girl Bettie Page?
A: Baby bangs B: Big Bangs
C: Chitty Chitty Bang bangs D: Dreadlocks

Spoiler
A: Baby bangs

$2,000
Thanks to simply forgetting where they’ve hidden their food, squirrels are responsible for inadvertently doing which of the following every year?
A: Starting thousands of forest fires B: Causing thousands of earthquakes
C: Planting thousands of trees D: Damming thousands of rivers

Joanne annoys her neighbors by feeding the squirrels. (I think we know one of her neighbors.)

Spoiler
C: Planting thousands of trees

$3,000
Janice from “Friends,” Andrea from “The Walking Dead” and Screech from “Saved By The Bell” are all TV characters that EW says are notoriously what?
A: Annoying B: Intelligent
C: Wealthy D: Tall

Spoiler
A: Annoying

$5,000
Because one anagram of its Roman numerals is the Latin “Vixi,” which some interpret to mean “I’m dead,” which number do Italians consider to be unlucky?
A: 7 B: 17
C: 25 D: 57

Spoiler
B: 17

$7,000
After more than 70 starts in Grand Slam golf events without a win, in 2017 Spain’s Sergio Garcia took home what he might call the “chaqueta verde” by winning what?
A: PGA Championship B: British Open
C: The Masters D: US Open

Spoiler
C: The Masters

Commercial break

Joanne’s mom passed away last week after a long illness. They watched “Millionaire” together while she was bedridden.

$10,000
Showing loyalty to their so-called “President for Life,” what country’s residents often wear clothes from the R.G. Mugabe fashion line in its capital of Harare?
A: Egypt B: Zimbabwe
C: Morocco D: Kenya

Spoiler
50/50 leaves Zimbabwe and Morocco.

Spoiler
B: Zimbabwe

$20,000
Also known as Welsh rarebit, the dish called Welsh rabbit doesn’t actually contain rabbit; it traditionally consists of a melted cheese sauce served over what?
A: Beef B: Chicken
C: Toast D: Onions

Spoiler
C: Toast

$30,000
What Oscar-winning actress has the same last name as the one Tina Turner was born with?
A: Natalie Portman B: Reese Witherspoon
C: Sandra Bullock D: Kate Winslet

Spoiler
Joanne says it’s either Portman or Bullock. Her +1 is her neighbor Scott Kirk. He has no idea.

Spoiler
A: 42% B: 12% C: 44% D: 2%
Joanne walks.

Spoiler
C: Sandra Bullock
Joanne wins $20,000.

Commercial break

QotD
Settling for “Snoopy” because his first choice was taken by another comic, Charles Schulz originally wanted his famous beagle to be called what?
A: Stumpy B: Snelly
C: Sniffy D: Slappy

Spoiler
C: Sniffy
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earendel

Re: Transcript 9/11/17b Joanne Warzoha

#2 Post by earendel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:48 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$30,000
What Oscar-winning actress has the same last name as the one Tina Turner was born with?
A: Natalie Portman B: Reese Witherspoon
C: Sandra Bullock D: Kate Winslet
Spoiler
Joanne says it’s either Portman or Bullock. Her +1 is her neighbor Scott Kirk. He has no idea.

Spoiler
A: 42% B: 12% C: 44% D: 2%
Joanne walks.

Spoiler
C: Sandra Bullock
Joanne wins $20,000.
I'd ATA also. Given the results, I'd probably try the 50:50 but it would leave A and C, so I'd have to try my +1.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."