Sad news about Bumf -- one of our original Jipters

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mellytu74

Sad news about Bumf -- one of our original Jipters

#1 Post by mellytu74 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 pm

From Facebook ....re: Bumf

Grandpa Music
A.K.A
Mike "The Fiddler" Jarboe

Dad moved in with my sister Shennie Jarboe and her Family on Labor day. His health has been declining but it was very very important to him to finish off the races. He was elated to have a race [MED note: At Saratoga] named for him.

Dad Mike Jarboe is now on hospice and surrounded by immersurable love. He has had many visitors including musicians filling the air with the music he loves, even playing and singing at times himself.

I was in Albany a couple of days ago and he asked me to post an update. I apologize for the delay.
Thank you All for your continued love and support.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Sad news about Bumf -- one of our original Jipters

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:27 pm

He is awesome -- so smart and funny. Not that it came up very often (once, in my hazy recollection), but I knew what bumf meant without looking it up.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:02 pm

mellytu74 wrote:From Facebook ....re: Bumf

Grandpa Music
A.K.A
Mike "The Fiddler" Jarboe

Dad moved in with my sister Shennie Jarboe and her Family on Labor day. His health has been declining but it was very very important to him to finish off the races. He was elated to have a race [MED note: At Saratoga] named for him.

Dad Mike Jarboe is now on hospice and surrounded by immeasurable love. He has had many visitors including musicians filling the air with the music he loves, even playing and singing at times himself.

I was in Albany a couple of days ago and he asked me to post an update. I apologize for the delay.
Thank you All for your continued love and support.
I've been an FB friend for years. I noticed his absence. For those who don't know, he got pancreatic cancer and had the Whipple operation some months ago. I'm sorry to see the end coming. :cry:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

a1mamacat

#4 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:23 pm

Oh, so sorry to read that. Bumf was one of our founding members.

Prayers for him and his family.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:01 pm

Bumf was a hoot. Sorry he's had to endure such pain.
Well, then

gsabc

Re: Sad news about Bumf -- one of our original Jipters - RIP

#6 Post by gsabc » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:55 am

Update from FB this morning: :(

Shennie Jarboe‎

The outpouring of love from you all in response to the news about my dad's health has been overwhelming. Thank you all so much for reaching out and sharing stories. I apologize that I haven't been able to respond directly to everyone. Over the last several days I have spent hours reading these thoughts and stories to my dad, uplifting not just for him but for his family as well.

Yesterday afternoon he passed away peacefully in my home surrounded by the love of family and friends near and far.

We will not be having traditional services but do stay tuned for updates as we plan to celebrate his life in the ways he most enjoyed living it.

Much love to all
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:56 am

gsabc wrote:Update from FB this morning: :(

Shennie Jarboe‎

The outpouring of love from you all in response to the news about my dad's health has been overwhelming. Thank you all so much for reaching out and sharing stories. I apologize that I haven't been able to respond directly to everyone. Over the last several days I have spent hours reading these thoughts and stories to my dad, uplifting not just for him but for his family as well.

Yesterday afternoon he passed away peacefully in my home surrounded by the love of family and friends near and far.

We will not be having traditional services but do stay tuned for updates as we plan to celebrate his life in the ways he most enjoyed living it.

Much love to all
:( Thanks for sharing with those of us who are not connected with him on FB. Rest in peace Mike.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:29 am

Sorry to hear that. RIP.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com