Transcript 9/18/17B Kris Schneider

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 9/18/17B Kris Schneider

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm

(shown in the first slot on 1/1/18, but preempted on most stations)

Kris Schneider
Las Vegas, NV
Kris is a elementary school principal.

$500
Someone suffering from the tingling numbness of paresthesia would most likely say their foot has done what?
A: Fallen asleep B: Fallen off
C: Fallen in love D: Fallen down drunk

Spoiler
A: Fallen asleep

$1,000
To remove the dingy film dimming your headlights, Instructables.com (and maybe a few dentists) recommend using what common bathroom product?
A: Sunscreen B: Toothpaste
C: Hand lotion D: Hair gel

Spoiler
B: Toothpaste

$2,000
Because some countries fear the Peace Corps is a cover for the organization, you can't volunteer for the Corps if you've ever worked where?
A: The CIA B: McDonald's
C: The U.S.Postal Service D: Build-A-Bear Workshop

Spoiler
A: The CIA

$3,000
"Triboluminescence" is the formal name for the tiny "spark" that's sometimes created when you bite into which of the candies?
A: Orange Gummy bear B: Cherry Starburst
C: Wint O Green Lifesaver D: Peanut M&M

Spoiler
C: Wint O Green Lifesaver

$5,000
Thanks to the low-budget "Get Out," who recently became the first African-American director to have their debut film earn over $100 million at the box office?
A: Ava DuVernay B: Tyler Perry
C: Lee Daniels D: Jordan Peele

Spoiler
A: 3% B: 36% C: 8% D: 53%

Kris was
Spoiler
leaning toward Peele because of "recently" in the question and he knows Tyler Perry has been around for quite some time.

Spoiler
D: Jordan Peele

Third commercial break
QotD wrote: Everyone knows you'll break your mother's back if you step on a crack, but who will go to jail if you step on a nail?
A: Your brother B: Your father
C: Your sister D: Your child

Spoiler
B: Your father
$7,000
Also the name of a civilization from the Yucatán Peninsula, in Hinduism, what word refers to the power of a god to produce an illusion?
A: Amazon B: Maya
C: Maori D: Inupiat

Spoiler
Kris's +1 is his wife, Christy, who spent a couple of months in college in the Yucatán. Christy knows Amazon is not on the Yucatán, Maori thinks might be in southeast Asia. Neither of them knows what/where Inupiat are. She is 100% sure their ruins are on the Yucatán Peninsula but 80% sure they're the right answer.

Spoiler
B: Maya

The horn
Kris will return on Tuesday
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earendel

Re: Transcript 9/18/17B Kris Schneider

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Kris Schneider
Las Vegas, NV
Kris is a elementary school principal.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$5,000
Thanks to the low-budget "Get Out," who recently became the first African-American director to have their debut film earn over $100 million at the box office?
A: Ava DuVernay B: Tyler Perry
C: Lee Daniels D: Jordan Peele
Spoiler
A: 3% B: 36% C: 8% D: 53%

Kris was
Spoiler
leaning toward Peele because of "recently" in the question and he knows Tyler Perry has been around for quite some time.

Spoiler
D: Jordan Peele
I've heard of the movie but not the director. I doubt it's Tyler Perry or Lee Daniels. If 50:50 leaves A & D I'll have to use another lifeline, so let's use ATA first.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Agrajag

Re: Transcript 9/18/17B Kris Schneider

#3 Post by Agrajag » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:09 pm

No problems here (on the couch).

On stage, I might have had a hard time on this one
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$7,000
Also the name of a civilization from the Yucatán Peninsula, in Hinduism, what word refers to the power of a god to produce an illusion?
A: Amazon B: Maya
C: Maori D: Inupiat

Spoiler
Kris's +1 is his wife, Christy, who spent a couple of months in college in the Yucatán. Christy knows Amazon is not on the Yucatán, Maori thinks might be in southeast Asia. Neither of them knows what/where Inupiat are. She is 100% sure their ruins are on the Yucatán Peninsula but 80% sure they're the right answer.

Spoiler
B: Maya

The horn
Kris will return on Tuesday
For a $7,000 question, I find it hard to believe they'd throw in a red herring like Maya, but I wouldn't be sure. $5,000 or lower, I'd say B: Maya Final answer, but $7,000 I might 50/50 to get rid of Inupiat (I've never heard of them) or maybe ask my +1 (although it seems too early to do so).