Transcript 9/19/17B Kris Schneider (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 9/19/17B Kris Schneider (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:42 pm

(shown in the first slot on 1/2/18)

Kris Schneider
Las Vegas, NV
Kris has his 50/50 left.
If Kris won the million, he'd give back to the organization that helped his son, who received a heart transplant five years ago.

$10,000
Renewed for a 19th season in 2017, what TV series would become America's longest-running non-animated scripted show of all time if it makes it to Season 21?
A: Criminal Minds B: Grey's Anatomy
C: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit D: NCIS

Kris has binge-watched a lot of these shows, so he doesn't know the order or when they started. He's narrowed it down to
Spoiler
C or D. 19 seasons would put it at 1998 and he remembers where he was living at the time and what he'd watch on TV. Thinks maybe it was Grey's Anatomy...

Spoiler
50/50 leaves Grey's Anatomy & Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

Kris knows the kids are going to be happy with whatever amount of money he can give them.
Spoiler
C: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

$20,000
Which one of these events did NOT occur in the same year as the other three?
A: Bill Clinton is elected president B: The Berlin Wall falls
C: Daniel Radcliffe is born D: Exxon-Valdez oil spill

Kris remembers
Spoiler
Ronald Reagan's speech, "Tear down that wall." He remembers the Exxon-Valdez spill because he had a "Boycott Exxon" sticker on his Datsun. He puts Obama starting in 2008, W. starting in 2000, which means Clinton would have been elected in '92. He cannot remember when Radcliffe was born. He narrowed it down to A or D because he knows they happened in different years.

Kris decides to walk.
Spoiler
Kris would have guessed A: Clinton
The correct answer is A: Bill Clinton is elected president
Kris wins $10,000.

First commercial break
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earendel

Re: Transcript 9/19/17B Kris Schneider (carryover)

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:53 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Kris Schneider
Las Vegas, NV
Kris has his 50/50 left.
If Kris won the million, he'd give back to the organization that helped his son, who received a heart transplant five years ago.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$10,000
Renewed for a 19th season in 2017, what TV series would become America's longest-running non-animated scripted show of all time if it makes it to Season 21?
A: Criminal Minds B: Grey's Anatomy
C: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit D: NCIS

Kris has binge-watched a lot of these shows, so he doesn't know the order or when they started. He's narrowed it down to
Spoiler
C or D. 19 seasons would put it at 1998 and he remembers where he was living at the time and what he'd watch on TV. Thinks maybe it was Grey's Anatomy...

Spoiler
50/50 leaves Grey's Anatomy & Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.

Kris knows the kids are going to be happy with whatever amount of money he can give them.
Spoiler
C: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Has SVU been on that long, or is this counting all of the L&Os from the original? Either way, I know it isn't A, B or D.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$20,000
Which one of these events did NOT occur in the same year as the other three?
A: Bill Clinton is elected president B: The Berlin Wall falls
C: Daniel Radcliffe is born D: Exxon-Valdez oil spill

Kris remembers
Spoiler
Ronald Reagan's speech, "Tear down that wall." He remembers the Exxon-Valdez spill because he had a "Boycott Exxon" sticker on his Datsun. He puts Obama starting in 2008, W. starting in 2000, which means Clinton would have been elected in '92. He cannot remember when Radcliffe was born. He narrowed it down to A or D because he knows they happened in different years.

Kris decides to walk.
Spoiler
Kris would have guessed A: Clinton
The correct answer is A: Bill Clinton is elected president
Kris wins $10,000.
Clinton is elected president in 1991 (inaugurated in 1992); the Berlin Wall came down in 1989, so it has to be one of those two. I'll use the 50:50 and see what is left.
First commercial break[/quote]
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Agrajag

Re: Transcript 9/19/17B Kris Schneider (carryover)

#3 Post by Agrajag » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:15 pm

earendel wrote:Has SVU been on that long, or is this counting all of the L&Os from the original? Either way, I know it isn't A, B or D.
It's been on that long. Original L&O started in 1990 and ran 20 seasons on its own.
earendel wrote:Clinton is elected president in 1991 (inaugurated in 1992); the Berlin Wall came down in 1989, so it has to be one of those two. I'll use the 50:50 and see what is left.
Elections are in years divisible by 4, so elected in '92 (inaugurated in '93).

Don't know when it happened, but I remember Exxon Valdez was definitely when I was still in elementary school. Knowing the Wall came down in '89 and Clinton was in '92, I know Clinton has to be the odd year out.