WWTBAM Season 17 Contestant Pool

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Euaskaldun

WWTBAM Season 17 Contestant Pool

#1 Post by Euaskaldun » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:12 am

Has anyone been chosen yet?!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: WWTBAM Season 17 Contestant Pool

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:41 am

Euaskaldun wrote:Has anyone been chosen yet?!
Welcome aBored! I haven't seen any reports this year of people invited to tape. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Gman3141

#3 Post by Gman3141 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:44 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Welcome aBored! I haven't seen any reports this year of people invited to tape. --Bob
Just finished creating an account to say the same (been lurking for awhile though). I haven't heard back despite what seemed to be a promising 2nd skype interview, and I haven't read of anyone else hearing back yet either.
(insert signature here)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:45 am

Gman3141 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Just finished creating an account to say the same (been lurking for awhile though). I haven't heard back despite what seemed to be a promising 2nd skype interview, and I haven't read of anyone else hearing back yet either.
Welcome aBored! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Gman3141

#5 Post by Gman3141 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:49 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Gman3141 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Welcome aBored! I haven't seen any reports this year of people invited to tape. --Bob
Welcome aBored! --Bob
Many thanks!
(insert signature here)

MopItUp23

#6 Post by MopItUp23 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 am

Add me to the list of the pool-swimming lurkers coming out of the woodwork.

I do know that some contestants have been contacted (not me, unfortunately).

ulysses1950

#7 Post by ulysses1950 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:17 am

I saw that someone posted on FB that they will be taping on July 11. No other information was posted.
Last edited by ulysses1950 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:23 am

MopItUp23 wrote:Add me to the list of the pool-swimming lurkers coming out of the woodwork.

I do know that some contestants have been contacted (not me, unfortunately).
Welcome aBored! May all of us in the Pool soon have cause to grab a towel. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:05 pm

No response....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

goongas

#10 Post by goongas » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:26 pm

A NYC friend of mine got the call today, the person was in the pool from a previous year.

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Now I'm second guessing myself. In my interview, I talked a little about the bored. Was that a poison pill?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Pastor Fireball

#12 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:19 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Now I'm second guessing myself. In my interview, I talked a little about the bored. Was that a poison pill?
More than likely. It's the same thing that regularly gets audience members of The Price Is Right immediately removed from consideration to be contestants. TPTB at TPIR are still bitter that a member of Golden-Road.net in the audience offered an on-stage contestant a perfect bid on a showcase back in 2010.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

triviawayne

#13 Post by triviawayne » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Now I'm second guessing myself. In my interview, I talked a little about the bored. Was that a poison pill?
More than likely. It's the same thing that regularly gets audience members of The Price Is Right immediately removed from consideration to be contestants. TPTB at TPIR are still bitter that a member of Golden-Road.net in the audience offered an on-stage contestant a perfect bid on a showcase back in 2010.
I would guess they don't even know about the Bored

MopItUp23

#14 Post by MopItUp23 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:29 am

I believe calls have only gone out for the first week of taping. They seem to be giving the standard two weeks notice, at least at the beginning of the season.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#15 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:05 pm

I've now seen reports of calls for taping dates in mid-July. --Bob

MopItUp23

#16 Post by MopItUp23 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I've now seen reports of calls for taping dates in mid-July. --Bob
It is my understanding that calls for the second week of taping went out today, presumably due to the holiday next week.

geoffil

#17 Post by geoffil » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:13 am

How does the audition work? Does someone from BAM call to skype for an interview? Do you take have to take a test or it all personality?

Gman3141

#18 Post by Gman3141 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:19 pm

geoffil wrote:How does the audition work? Does someone from BAM call to skype for an interview? Do you take have to take a test or it all personality?
For the remote auditions, yes- I had two rounds of Skype calls. The first was a quiz, the second a personality/camera presence interview.
(insert signature here)

geoffil

#19 Post by geoffil » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:09 pm

For the remote auditions, yes- I had two rounds of Skype calls. The first was a quiz, the second a personality/camera presence interview.
Thank you Gman for replying. How soon after you filled out the application did they call you?

Good Luck!

Gman3141

#20 Post by Gman3141 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:49 pm

geoffil wrote:
Thank you Gman for replying. How soon after you filled out the application did they call you?

Good Luck!
IIRC, early the next week- I feel like I sent the app in late in the week (Thurs/Fri) and was replied to early the next week (Tues/Weds ish). This was awhile ago though, don't quote me on it.
(insert signature here)

tlynn78

#21 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:39 am

Best of luck getting into the pool, and then getting plucked from the pool! Never surrender.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:43 am

Gman3141 wrote:
geoffil wrote:

Good Luck!
IIRC, early the next week- I feel like I sent the app in late in the week (Thurs/Fri) and was replied to early the next week (Tues/Weds ish). This was awhile ago though, don't quote me on it.
Same here. Then you never hear from them
:(

Bob Juch

#23 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:14 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Gman3141 wrote:
geoffil wrote: Thank you Gman for replying. How soon after you filled out the application did they call you?

Good Luck!
Same here. Then you never hear from them
:(
Maybe they don't like your mustache.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.