WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 3992
Gregg Luchs
Cantor
Scottsdale, Ariz.


$500
Albert Einstein is said to have displayed photos of all but which of these people above his desk?
A: Scientist Michael Faraday B: Renaissance man Isaac Newton
C: Mathematical physicist James Clerk Maxwell D: Zac Efron

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Zac Efron


$1,000
Breatharians believe that a person can give up food and water altogether and survive solely off prana, which they call “living on” what?
A: Air B: Ramen noodles
C: Mars D: Their parents’ couch

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Air


$2,000
Sure, her smile gets all the attention, but what color hair does the Mona Lisa have?
A: Brown B: Gray
C: Blonde with purple highlights D: A rainbow-colored Mohawk

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Brown


Commercial break

$3,000
Inspiring one of his early hits, what recording artist once spent months performing at a Los Angeles piano bar under the pseudonym Bill Martin?
A: Billy Idol B: Billy Ray Cyrus
C: Billy Joel D: Billie Joe Armstrong

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Billy Joel


$5,000
Which of these is neither a northwestern Native American tribe, nor a type of eyeglasses, NOR a certain toy company’s customer rewards program?
A: Pince-nez B: Nez Perce
C: Nerf Perks D: Pont Neuf

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Pont Neuf


$7,000
The name of what company that filed for bankruptcy in 2014 was inspired by the belief that using the least-used letters would make it more memorable?
A: Volkswagen B: Quiznos
C: Xerox D: Verizon

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Quiznos


$10,000
What line from AFI’s list of the 100 Greatest Movie Quotes was uttered in a 1948 classic by character actor Alfonso Bedoya?
A: “Shane. Come back!” B: “What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate.”
C: “Round up the usual suspects.” D: “Badges? We ain’t got no badges…”

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: “Badges? We ain’t got no badges…”


Commercial break

$20,000
According to the Small Arms Survey, what nation whose capital is Sana’a is second only to the United States’ estimated 89 guns per 100 residents, with 55?
A: Burundi B: Latvia
C: Laos D: Yemen

[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
A: 14% B: 14% C: 21% D: 51%


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Yemen


$30,000
In 2015, Jessica Mendoza broke up the broadcast booth boys club when she became the first woman to appear on ESPN as an analyst for which sport?
A: Basketball B: Baseball
C: Football D: Hockey

Gregg says Jessica is a former softball pitcher who’s now on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. The audience applauds.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Baseball


Commercial break

QotD
What Founding Father invented a type of wood-burning stove that is now named for him?
A: Thomas Jefferson B: Benjamin Franklin
C: John Hancock D: George Washington

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Benjamin Franklin


$50,000
Which of these does the American Stroke Association use to warn people of the signs of a stroke - with the first 3 letters representing specific symptoms?
A: STOP B: CALL
C: FAST D: HELP

[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
Gregg’s +1 is his son Ryan. Ryan says it isn’t FAST; but Gregg thinks it is FAST, as in “when you see these symptoms occur, you’d better act fast.” “S” could stand for lack of sensation, and “F” could be faintness.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: FAST (face drooping, arm weakness, speech difficulty, time to call 911)


The horn
Gregg will be back on Thursday.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12163
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Gregg Luchs
Cantor
Scottsdale, Ariz.


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$7,000
The name of what company that filed for bankruptcy in 2014 was inspired by the belief that using the least-used letters would make it more memorable?
A: Volkswagen B: Quiznos
C: Xerox D: Verizon
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Quiznos

The name's no good if the food isn't.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$30,000
In 2015, Jessica Mendoza broke up the broadcast booth boys club when she became the first woman to appear on ESPN as an analyst for which sport?
A: Basketball B: Baseball
C: Football D: Hockey

Gregg says Jessica is a former softball pitcher who’s now on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. The audience applauds.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Baseball

No idea. I'll start my lifeline usage with ATA.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:57 pm
Posts: 63
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Gregg Luchs
Cantor
Scottsdale, Ariz.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$20,000
According to the Small Arms Survey, what nation whose capital is Sana’a is second only to the United States’ estimated 89 guns per 100 residents, with 55?
A: Burundi B: Latvia
C: Laos D: Yemen

[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
A: 14% B: 14% C: 21% D: 51%


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Yemen

I silently curse myself for not knowing all the capitals. I know it's not B or C (Riga & Vietnante or something). I use 50/50 and pray it takes either A or D with it...

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$30,000
In 2015, Jessica Mendoza broke up the broadcast booth boys club when she became the first woman to appear on ESPN as an analyst for which sport?
A: Basketball B: Baseball
C: Football D: Hockey

Gregg says Jessica is a former softball pitcher who’s now on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. The audience applauds.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Baseball

No clue. ATA

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$50,000
Which of these does the American Stroke Association use to warn people of the signs of a stroke - with the first 3 letters representing specific symptoms?
A: STOP B: CALL
C: FAST D: HELP

[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
Gregg’s +1 is his son Ryan. Ryan says it isn’t FAST; but Gregg thinks it is FAST, as in “when you see these symptoms occur, you’d better act fast.” “S” could stand for lack of sensation, and “F” could be faintness.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: FAST (face drooping, arm weakness, speech difficulty, time to call 911)


The horn
Gregg will be back on Thursday.

I remember learning the acronym a few years ago. I think maybe it's Face something but the only thing I remember is Time to call 911—the final T in FAST makes it clear. Plus, a local highway has had this billboard for several months.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.