WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:47 am 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4060
MI - 16011ii

Gili Ronen
Philadelphia, PA
Gili is a stay-at-home mom.

$500
Reindeer are unique among deer species in that females, as well as males, have what?
A: Antlers B: Unresolved anger issues
C: Employer-sponsored 401(k) plans D: Battery-powered shiny red noses

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Antlers

$1,000
Though it can still be a problem if it's thin, for safety, HuffPo Canada suggests you "waddle" and "keep your center of gravity of your front leg" when walking where?
A: On Jupiter B: On ice
C: On the Yellow Brick Road D: On sunshine

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: On ice

$2,000
To promote the benefits of eating eggs, the American Egg Board has created a series of award-winning commercials fittingly featuring whom?
A: Kevin Bacon B: Fiona Apple
C: Brie Larson D: Meatloaf

Gili says, "Bacon and eggs is good for meat eaters, and I love Fiona Apple's music and Meatloaf is another great musician, but I'm going to go with Brie cheese, Brie Larson, C Final answer... Wait!
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
The correct answer is A: Kevin Bacon
Gili is now "famously one degree separated from Kevin Bacon" per Chris and wins nothing

Second commercial break


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12244
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Gili Ronen
Philadelphia, PA
Gili is a stay-at-home mom.


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: On ice

$2,000
To promote the benefits of eating eggs, the American Egg Board has created a series of award-winning commercials fittingly featuring whom?
A: Kevin Bacon B: Fiona Apple
C: Brie Larson D: Meatloaf

Gili says, "Bacon and eggs is good for meat eaters, and I love Fiona Apple's music and Meatloaf is another great musician, but I'm going to go with Brie cheese, Brie Larson, C Final answer... Wait!
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
The correct answer is A: Kevin Bacon
Gili is now "famously one degree separated from Kevin Bacon" per Chris and wins nothing

I felt sorry for her - she had the answer but I think the pressure got to her and she blurted out an answer and made it final.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6364
So far so good


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:57 pm
Posts: 68
earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Gili Ronen
Philadelphia, PA
Gili is a stay-at-home mom.


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: On ice

$2,000
To promote the benefits of eating eggs, the American Egg Board has created a series of award-winning commercials fittingly featuring whom?
A: Kevin Bacon B: Fiona Apple
C: Brie Larson D: Meatloaf

Gili says, "Bacon and eggs is good for meat eaters, and I love Fiona Apple's music and Meatloaf is another great musician, but I'm going to go with Brie cheese, Brie Larson, C Final answer... Wait!
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
The correct answer is A: Kevin Bacon
Gili is now "famously one degree separated from Kevin Bacon" per Chris and wins nothing

I felt sorry for her - she had the answer but I think the pressure got to her and she blurted out an answer and made it final.

Producer used this exact question as an example of what NOT to do before the taping. Pressure is crazy up there; she realized Brie was a cheese and got too focused on it even AFTER saying Bacon and Eggs! :-(


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6364
Yes, & if they have another 2nd chance show she'll be 1st on their list because it makes such good theater.

Sorry, but people, a few recently who got wrong clues (bad choices, bad phrasing) deserve a repeat. Not people who didn't think before they said "final".


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.