Mass Shooting at Church in Nashville 9/24/2017

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Mass Shooting at Church in Nashville 9/24/2017

#1 Post by BackInTex » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:08 am

Not previously reported here for some reason.

Shooter kills one, wounds 7 at Tennessee church

Shooter was a Sudanese immigrant.
gunman in the church parking lot shot and killed Melanie Smith, 39, as she was walking to her car when a prayer service was letting out.
Church usher Robert Engle, 22, saw the shooting and confronted the gunman, Aaron said. During a struggle, the gunman mistakenly shot himself.
"It would appear he was not expecting a brave individual like the church usher to initiate the struggle and confrontation," Aaron said.

And Bob#s being all "I told you so" about the "Muslim Ban" ruling on Monday is ironic being this guy immigrated from one of the countries listed in Trump's Regardless of Faith Immigration Ban and that Sudan was taken off the list the same day as the shooting by a Sudanese immigrant doubles the irony.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

Re: Mass Shooting at Church in Nashville 9/24/2017

#2 Post by jarnon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:15 am

On Tuesday evening, four teenagers were shot on a Philadelphia street and one of them died.

Sad to say, events like the tragedy in Nashville happen every day here.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:21 am

BackInTex wrote: And Bob#s being all "I told you so" about the "Muslim Ban" ruling on Monday is ironic being this guy immigrated from one of the countries listed in Trump's Regardless of Faith Immigration Ban and that Sudan was taken off the list the same day as the shooting by a Sudanese immigrant doubles the irony.
And, according to the article, he was a legal resident of the US. If we banned immigration to the US from every country which had a legal resident alien commit a crime, there wouldn't be any immigration at all. Not to mention the fact that studies have consistently shown that resident aliens commit fewer violent crimes per capita than U.S. citizens do.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:39 am

BackInTex wrote:Not previously reported here for some reason.

Shooter kills one, wounds 7 at Tennessee church

Shooter was a Sudanese immigrant.
gunman in the church parking lot shot and killed Melanie Smith, 39, as she was walking to her car when a prayer service was letting out.
Church usher Robert Engle, 22, saw the shooting and confronted the gunman, Aaron said. During a struggle, the gunman mistakenly shot himself.
"It would appear he was not expecting a brave individual like the church usher to initiate the struggle and confrontation," Aaron said.

And Bob#s being all "I told you so" about the "Muslim Ban" ruling on Monday is ironic being this guy immigrated from one of the countries listed in Trump's Regardless of Faith Immigration Ban and that Sudan was taken off the list the same day as the shooting by a Sudanese immigrant doubles the irony.
Did you read what I posted? "I told you so" referred to my prediction that the Court would use mootness to refuse to reach a decision on the merits.

The way I read your story, a male gun owner shot a bunch of people. So obviously we should bar men from owning guns. After all, just as most fatal shootings are conducted by Sudanese legal residents (they are, aren't they?), it's also the case that men are responsible for most fatal shootings. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson