Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 105

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 105

#1 Post by gsabc » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:31 pm

FSIL is in the loop. He has no objections to the rabbi. He will be broaching the subject ASAP with his mother. He is currently out on maneuvers, though, so can't really make lengthy calls. Calls to BD are limited to a few minutes at present.

GW is out of town visiting with her family. Some 18 people were coming tonight, bringing pizza for dinner. Where they'll all sit to eat in that small house, I don't know. At least Mom is doing better than GW expected. They'll get her some help a couple of times a week until she can really get going again on her own.

Meanwhile, I spent too much of today getting things posted on eBay, interspersed with doing laundry, cleaning house and cooking dinner (Perdue oven stuffer). Now I need to do some more cleaning so if the elliptical repairman shows up tomorrow, he'll have room to work. Different guy and company this time, nice enough to let me know he might not be able to make it, and willing to call me an hour ahead so I can dash home instead of waiting around half the day.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:10 pm

Eighteen family members coming to visit your MIL at the same time? I hope that's not too much for her.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:20 pm

GW is one lucky girl. I continued to be amazed at how much you do to help out at home. Laundry is in no one's vocabulary at my house except mine.
:oops: Cleaning would be next unless I had a true emergency and needed the house cleaned and I was totally incapacitated.

I hope she appreciates it. Looks like things may work out with the rabbi. That will be one less thing to worry about.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:08 am

Hope your elliptical gets fixed - today!

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:25 am

I LOVE the priorities of my readers!

Marley comments on the fullness of my MIL's house. Don't worry, everyone else did all the work. She just had to sit there and enjoy the presence of children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.

Kay comments on my housework. As I've said, GW cooks, I clean up. I also clean house, but we share that, and in all honesty she does more. We have certain areas we work on.

And pea comments on my elliptical. We will see if it's repaired today. GW is home tomorrow evening, and has said that Wednesday is open for her, if repairs don't happen today.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:34 am

gsabc wrote:I LOVE the priorities of my readers!
If you really want us to concentrate on all the wedding planning for the next 105 days, you're going to lose all the men in your audience right off the bat! :P

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:20 am

kayrharris wrote:GW is one lucky girl. I continued to be amazed at how much you do to help out at home. Laundry is in no one's vocabulary at my house except mine.
:oops: Cleaning would be next unless I had a true emergency and needed the house cleaned and I was totally incapacitated.

I hope she appreciates it. Looks like things may work out with the rabbi. That will be one less thing to worry about.
I am lucky, Maddie helps me fold laundry, if she is around when I am doing it. Yesterday, Emma went to a friend's house when we were doing household stuff so we left all of the socks for her to match. She felt that it was a fair trade.