It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Decades '17 - Day 4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:17 am 

Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

A reality TV series starring Duane Chapman went on hiatus after the show's star dropped the "n-word" on a recorded interview. This year also marked the 30th anniversary of a classic (and category-appropriate) Ted Nugent album.

Name the series. (3 points)

Name the album. (3 points)

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s
A prolific songwriter penned a theme song titled "Where You Lead (I Will Follow)" for a popular TV show that ran for seven seasons, mostly on the WB network. A few years later, a musical of her life premiered in San Francisco.

Name the songwriter. (3 points)

Name the TV show. (3 points)

Name the musical. (3 points)

COMING & GOING

The host of the long-running game show stepped down after 35 years. His replacement is still going strong.

Name the game show. (2 points)

Name the original host. (2 points)

Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points)

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Since late 2007, a veteran character actor has done voice-overs for Coors beer, bringing his deep, rich voice and "western" appeal to the brand brewed in Colorado.

Starting in 2008, he has voiced Smokey Bear, and shares the mascot's birth date (August 9, 1944).

Name the actor. (2 points)

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points)

Total points: 26

Post subject: Re: Decades '17 - Day 4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:56 am 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
CATS & DOGS[/b]

A reality TV series starring Duane Chapman went on hiatus after the show's star dropped the "n-word" on a recorded interview. This year also marked the 30th anniversary of a classic (and category-appropriate) Ted Nugent album.

Name the series. (3 points) DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER
Name the album. (3 points) CAT SCRATCH FEVER

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s
A prolific songwriter penned a theme song titled "Where You Lead (I Will Follow)" for a popular TV show that ran for seven seasons, mostly on the WB network. A few years later, a musical of her life premiered in San Francisco.

Name the songwriter. (3 points) CAROLE KING
Name the TV show. (3 points) GILMOUR GIRLS
Name the musical. (3 points) BEAUTIFUL (THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL)

COMING & GOING

The host of the long-running game show stepped down after 35 years. His replacement is still going strong.

Name the game show. (2 points) THE PRICE IS RIGHT
Name the original host. (2 points) BOB BARKER
Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points) DREW CAREY

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Since late 2007, a veteran character actor has done voice-overs for Coors beer, bringing his deep, rich voice and "western" appeal to the brand brewed in Colorado.

Starting in 2008, he has voiced Smokey Bear, and shares the mascot's birth date (August 9, 1944).

Name the actor. (2 points) NO IDEA
Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) NO IDEA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:25 am 
Queen of Wack

[Reveal] Spoiler:
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) Dog the Bounty Hunter

Name the album. (3 points)Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points) Wayne Newton

Name the TV show. (3 points) Nip and Tuck

Name the musical. (3 points)I Left My Original Nose in San Francisco

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points)The Price is Right

Name the original host. (2 points)Bob Barker

Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points) Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points)Sam Neill

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) Mrs. Neil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:03 am 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
CATS & DOGS

Dog, the Bounty Hunter

Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King

Gilmore Girls

Tapestry, the Musical?

COMING & GOING

The Price Is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliot

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points)

It's Etta from Butch Cassidy but I can't remember her name. Nope

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:03 am 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

I've got no clue other than it's a she and San Francisco and she's old.
Joni Mitchell or Carol King.....hmmmm..... Joni probably had a more interesting life to base a musical on, but Carol had the better music (IMO). The theme song sounds more like a Carol King song so I'll go with her.

Carol King

Gossip Girls

Tapestry

COMING & GOING

The Price is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliot

Mrs. Elliot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:04 am 
Dumbass

[Reveal] Spoiler:
CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) - Dog the Bounty Hunter

Name the album. (3 points) - Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points) - The Price is Right

Name the original host. (2 points) - Bob Barker

Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points) - Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) - Sam Elliott

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) - Cass Elliott

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:21 am 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) DOG, THE BOUNTY HUNTER

Name the album. (3 points) CAT SCRATCH FEVER

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points)NOPE

Name the TV show. (3 points) GILMORE GIRLS?

Name the musical. (3 points)NOPE

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points)THE PRICE IS RIGHT

Name the original host. (2 points) BOB BARKER

Name the replacement (and current) host. (2 points) DREW CAREY

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) SAM ELIOTT

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) KATHERINE ROSS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:43 am 
Bored Pun-dit

[Reveal] Spoiler:
I Love the 00s wrote:
Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog the Bounty Hunter (never thought it should have been that hard, they are usually in aisle 3 near the paper plates and the toilet paper).
Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carol King
Angel
Beautiful

COMING & GOING

The Price is Right
Bob Barker
Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliot
Totie Fields

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:52 am 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
CATS & DOGS[/b]

DOG, THE BOUNTY HUNTER

CAT SCRATCH FEVER

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

CAROLE KING

BEAUTIFUL

COMING & GOING

THE PRICE IS RIGHT

BOB BARKER (although the original original host was Bill Cullen)

DREW CAREY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:30 am 
FNGD Forum Moderator

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog The Bounty Hunter

Cat Scratch Fever. And, appropriate to the category, he also recorded a song entitled "Dog Eat Dog".

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King

Gilmore Girls

Beautiful. There's more to it than that, though. I think it's Beautiful: The Carole King Musical. Or else Beautiful: The Music of Carole King.

COMING & GOING

The Price Is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey. And be sure to always have your contestants spayed and neutered.

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliott

Katherine Ross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:09 am 

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Dog, the Bounty Hunter
Cat Scratch Fever

2000s, 2010s

Carole King
The Gilmore Girls
Beautiful

The Price Is Right
Bill Cullen
Drew Carey

Sam Elliott
Cybill Sheperd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:56 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points) The Price Is Right

Name the original host. (2 points) Bob Barker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:04 pm 
Evil Genius

[Reveal] Spoiler: "I Love the 00s"
Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog, The Bounty Hunter

Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King

Ally McBeal

Beautiful: The Carole King Musical

COMING & GOING

The Price Is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliott

Katharine Ross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:19 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) Bounty Hunter

Name the album. (3 points) Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points) Carole King

Name the musical. (3 points)Tapestry

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points) The Price is Right

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) Sam"Lifeguard" Ellliot

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) Kathryn Ross

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

They get the virtue, we get the tab.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:00 pm 

Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017
I Love the 00s!

[Reveal] Spoiler:
CATS & DOGS

Bounty Dog. Dog Bounty Hunter. Something like that.

Cat Scratch Fever

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King

Gilmore Girls

Beautiful

COMING & GOING

THe Price is Right

Bob Barker

Drew Carey

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliott

Katherine Ross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:48 pm 
No Scritches!!!

[Reveal] Spoiler:
I Love the 00s wrote:
Decades '17 - Day 4
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

COMING & GOING

Name the game show. (2 points)The Price is Right

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) Sam Elliott

Love and Marriage Bonus: Name the actress to whom he has been married since 1984. (3 points) Katherine Ross

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:09 pm 

[Reveal] Spoiler:
CATS & DOGS[/b]

Name the series. (3 points) Dog The Bounty Hunter

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points) Reba McEntire

Name the TV show. (3 points) Reba

Name the musical. (3 points) Reba

COMING & GOING

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) Sam Elliot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:55 pm 
Bored Moderator

[Reveal] Spoiler: Any humor points available?
CATS & DOGS

Name the series. (3 points) Dog, the Bounty Hunter

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Name the songwriter. (3 points) Wendy Williams

Name the TV show. (3 points) Gilmore Girls

COMING & GOING

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Name the actor. (2 points) Woody Allen

--Bob

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:28 am 

Cats & Dogs

dog the bounty hunter
cat scratch fever

Words & Music

?
buffy the vampire slayer
kinky boots

coming & going
the price is right
orignal is bill cullen, but i think you're wanting bob barker
drew carey

slogans & spokesmen

sam elliot

bonus: ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:16 am 

Decades - Day 4 - Answers/points
October 5, 2017

I Love the 00s!

CATS & DOGS

Dog the Bounty Hunter
Cat Scratch Fever.

WORDS & MUSIC

2000s, 2010s

Carole King
Gilmore Girls
Beautiful: The Carole King Musical

COMING & GOING

The Price is Right
Bob Barker
Drew Carey

This one had bad wording, so I accepted Bill Cullen for Q2. I should have said "Name the long-running host."

SLOGANS & SPOKESMEN

Sam Elliott
Katharine Ross

melly ~~ 26 perfect!
tbone ~~ 26 perfect!
esto ~~ 26 perfect!

catfish ~~ 23
earendel ~~ 21
panic ~~ 20
AJ ~~ 20
frogman ~~ 20
suitguy ~~ 20
tangredi ~~ 18
BiT ~~ 17
Bob#s ~~ 15
elwood ~~ 14
triviawayne ~~ 14
lb ~~ 14
sprots ~~ 14
beebs ~~ 12
jarnon 6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:18 pm 
Evil Genius

I Love Decades! wrote:
esto ~~ 26 perfect!
I didn't get 'em all. I took a (wrong) guess at which chick show had the Carole King song as a theme.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:40 pm 
Director of Promos

Estonut wrote:
I Love Decades! wrote:
esto ~~ 26 perfect!
I didn't get 'em all. I took a (wrong) guess at which chick show had the Carole King song as a theme.

Damn millennial Meister can't count!

I'll pass the info on to the official scorer.

Thanks.

Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Waiting their turn:
The Night Train
Devin Drake: World's Worst Magician

Just finished: