RIP Fats Domino

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Fats Domino

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:30 am

This has been a bad year for musical greats.

Age 89.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/mus ... 798202001/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: RIP Fats Domino

#2 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:46 am

With the passing this year of Chuck Berry and the great Fats Domino, there are now only 3 members of the initial class of inductees into the Rock Hall of Fame still with us: Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, and Don Everly of The Everly Brothers.

My grandfather even liked Fats Domino, being a keyboard man himself.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#3 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:55 pm

Back in the day, RadioDude's play of artists like Fats Domino was limited. However, I remember Blueberry Hill like it was yesterday. He was an amazing artist.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

mellytu74

#4 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:48 am

I still have TLAF's 45s of Blueberry Hill and I'm Walkin'.

In her card and gift store, TLAF used to have the radio on for company, during the slow times.

Because she was such a Big Band fan and a great swing dancer in her day, she really liked a lot of early rock and roll - the stuff you could jitterbug to or (and this was especially the case), the R&B covers of standards. She still loved her Dean Martin and Sinatra and Perry Como, but she was open to hearing the new music and liked a lot of it.

She would have been 100 on Nov. 7. I miss her.

Especially when I started dialing her number yesterday to tell her Fats Domino had passed.