WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 3994
MI - 16018ii

Kaden Oqueli-White
New Orleans, LA
Kaden is a 13-year-old with an IQ of 152.

$500
Which of these can NOT be controlled with a button or switch on the iPhone?
A: The power B: Siri
C: The ringer volume D: Your annoying little brother

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Your annoying little brother

$1,000
While it may sound like it refers to a powdered drink empire, which of these was actually the ruling power in China from 618 to 907?
A: Diet Pepsi Dynasty B: Apple Cider Dynasty
C: Tang Dynasty D: 2% Reduced-Fat Milk Dynasty

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Tang Dynasty
Chris doesn't want to ask, but he does and Kaden doesn't know what Tang is.
Chris tells him it's an orange powder drink they drank back in the dark ages.
Kaden says, "So I've heard."

$2,000
In 2016, an ultra-rare 1970 quarter was listed on eBay for $35,000. If you wanted to buy it, how many regular quarters would you have needed?
A: 14,000 B: 140,000
C: 1,400,000 D: 14,000,000

Kaden says this is a simple multiplication problem—it would be $0.25 times each one of these answers. He says it doesn't seem like it would be 14,000 and proceeds to try to do the math in his head/on the podium. Chris asks what Kaden is thinking and he retracts the fact that it might not be 14,000. Chris reminds Kaden he has all four lifelines.
Kaden cuts the question.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
Kaden would have guessed 14,000
The correct answer is B: 140,000

Second commercial break

$2,000
According to password management company Keeper Security, the most common password of 2016 was what inadvisable choice?
A: The Ancient Greek for "password" B: Pi to the thousandth decimal place
C: The numbers 123456 D: The secret formula for Coke

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: The numbers 123456


$3,000
While "E" rhymes with 8 other letters, which of the following vowels is the only one that doesn't rhyme with any other letter in the alphabet?
A: A B: U
C: I D: O

Kaden knows that A rhymes with J, U rhymes with Q and I rhymes with Y.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: O

$5,000
Based on Melinda Taub's Young Adult novel, the TV series "Still Star-Crossed" continues the story of what classic pair of ill-fated lovers?
A: Augustus and Hazel B: Gatsby and Daisy
C: Romeo and Juliet D: Miley and Liam

Kaden thinks Miley and Liam sounds like a soap opera. Romeo and Juliet are the only names he recognizes and SPOILER ALERT they die.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Romeo and Juliet

Third commercial break
QotD wrote:
Founded in 1851, which of the following universities is actually seven years older than the state in which it's located?
A: University of California B: Cornell University
C: University of Minnesota D: Tulane University

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: University of Minnesota

$7,000
Which of these is the name of a European capital city, and NOT a monster found in the game Dungeons & Dragons?
A: Kobold B: Tbilisi
C: Githyanki D: Owlbear

Kaden has been meaning to start playing Dungeons & Dragons but he hasn't yet
[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
A: 31% B: 51% C: 13% D: 5%

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Tbilisi

The horn
Kaden will return on Friday


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 3450
Location: Merion, Pa.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$2,000
According to password management company Keeper Security, the most common password of 2016 was what inadvisable choice?
A: The Ancient Greek for "password" B: Pi to the thousandth decimal place
C: The numbers 123456 D: The secret formula for Coke

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: The numbers 123456
I looked up A and B: synthema and 141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609433057270365759591953092186117381932611793105118548074462379962749567351885752724891227938183011949129833673362440656643086021394946395224737190702179860943702770539217176293176752384674818467669405132000568127145263560827785771342757789609173637178721468440901224953430146549585371050792279689258923542019956112129021960864034418159813629774771309960518707211349999998372978049951059731732816096318595024459455346908302642522308253344685035261931188171010003137838752886587533208381420617177669147303598253490428755468731159562863882353787593751957781857780532171226806613001927876611195909216420198
B is ill-advised for a different reason than C.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$7,000
Which of these is the name of a European capital city, and NOT a monster found in the game Dungeons & Dragons?
A: Kobold B: Tbilisi
C: Githyanki D: Owlbear

Kaden has been meaning to start playing Dungeons & Dragons but he hasn't yet
[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
A: 31% B: 51% C: 13% D: 5%

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Tbilisi
I know Tbilisi is a city and not a D&D monster. Looking it up, it's the capital of Georgia. (I wonder if it was once called Terminus.) Most geographers put it in Asia.


Last edited by jarnon on Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6221
So far so good


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12165
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Kaden Oqueli-White
New Orleans, LA
Kaden is a 13-year-old with an IQ of 152.


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$2,000
In 2016, an ultra-rare 1970 quarter was listed on eBay for $35,000. If you wanted to buy it, how many regular quarters would you have needed?
A: 14,000 B: 140,000
C: 1,400,000 D: 14,000,000

Kaden says this is a simple multiplication problem—it would be $0.25 times each one of these answers. He says it doesn't seem like it would be 14,000 and proceeds to try to do the math in his head/on the podium. Chris asks what Kaden is thinking and he retracts the fact that it might not be 14,000. Chris reminds Kaden he has all four lifelines.
Kaden cuts the question.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
Kaden would have guessed 14,000
The correct answer is B: 140,000

It is a simple multiplication problem, and I'm surprised he used his lifeline.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$7,000
Which of these is the name of a European capital city, and NOT a monster found in the game Dungeons & Dragons?
A: Kobold B: Tbilisi
C: Githyanki D: Owlbear

Kaden has been meaning to start playing Dungeons & Dragons but he hasn't yet
[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
A: 31% B: 51% C: 13% D: 5%

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Tbilisi

31% of the audience thought "kobold" was a European capital city? :shock:

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.