WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 8961
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I think Gen Kelly said it all. I'll go with what he said. But let the spinning begin.
You shouldn't. He got his facts about Rep. Wilson's speech in Florida wrong. Here's the video to prove it. --Bob


Bless your heart. She still made much of the focus on her.

The idiot, fully biased, reporter of this story identifies Kelly as a Marine Corpse General. He was fully alive at the time. He still is.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:04 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15811
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I think Gen Kelly said it all. I'll go with what he said. But let the spinning begin.
You shouldn't. He got his facts about Rep. Wilson's speech in Florida wrong. Here's the video to prove it. --Bob


Bless your heart. She still made much of the focus on her.

The idiot, fully biased, reporter of this story identifies Kelly as a Marine Corpse General. He was fully alive at the time. He still is.
This is what Kelly said:
John Kelly wrote:
And a congresswoman stood up, and in the long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise, stood up there and all of that and talked about how she was instrumental in getting the funding for that building, and how she took care of her constituents because she got the money, and she just called up President Obama, and on that phone call he gave the money — the $20 million — to build the building. And she sat down, and we were stunned. Stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned.
Every detail here was wrong, as the video verifies. Rep. Wilson didn't talk about getting the funding for the building. She didn't talk about how by doing so she'd taken care of her constituents. She didn't even mention President Obama. And no one acted stunned -- to the contrary, Rep. Wilson's remarks received applause.

I'll give Kelly the benefit of the doubt and believe that he told the story the way he honestly remembered it. But the video shows conclusively that he was wrong and that he unfairly maligned Rep. Wilson. He owes her an apology. She won't get one because this Administration never apologizes. But she should.

In the meantime, Congress is on its way to crippling Medicare and Medicaid by stripping them of, what is it, roughly a trillion in funding? All to fund tax cuts for Donny and the rest of the swamp. Time for the next real battle. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:27 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 8562
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I think Gen Kelly said it all. I'll go with what he said. But let the spinning begin.
You shouldn't. He got his facts about Rep. Wilson's speech in Florida wrong. Here's the video to prove it.
The caption beneath your video states, "Video from 2015 shows full speech," when it is clearly NOT the full speech. I wonder why they felt a need to edit it.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13862
BackInTex wrote:
Bless your heart. She still made much of the focus on her.


This might explain why the Congresswoman was in the limo with the family of Sgt. Johnson:

Quote:
Wilson has deep roots in the South Florida community where Johnson grew up. Before entering Congress, she worked as a teacher, principal and school board member in the Miami-Dade area and served for more than a decade as a state legislator.

She also founded a program in 1993 called 5,000 Role Models of Excellence, which helps at-risk minority youths prepare for college, vocational school and the military. Her long career in public service and her work in the program have put her especially close to military families and victims of gun violence over the years. She does not shy away from grief.

Before Johnson was killed in an ambush in Niger earlier this month, he graduated from the program.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 03831f1a2a

And it was the sergeant's mother who was in the car and later supported the Congresswoman's statements:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/us/p ... -call.html

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2997
Location: Lacey, Washington
I am very sick of this. Everyone is quoting from their own echo chamber's 'news' sources. Perhaps trump tripped over his own words during the phone call. Perhaps the family did feel disrespected. The overlying fact is trump did call the family to express sorrow for the family and gratitude for their sacrifice. What possible reason could he have to intentionally insult them? Oh, I forgot, he's a racist, white supremacist, right? [Note: I have decided I am not going to use the word 'racist' anymore. It has no meaning anymore, because of its overuse and total misapplication. To me, it has become the N-Word that is approved by the PC-Liberal ilk.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQp0Cfm-zw

We have the perfect storm of 3 assholes here, and the family of the soldier is the only victim. Trump is an asshole, and I think we can all agree on that. He should have just ignored asshole number 2: Rep Wilson, who decided to use trump's inability to express himself correctly as a political pointy stick because she knew that asshole number 3: the media, would go for it like a kid at a candy store.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:18 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15811
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I am very sick of this. Everyone is quoting from their own echo chamber's 'news' sources. Perhaps trump tripped over his own words during the phone call. Perhaps the family did feel disrespected. The overlying fact is trump did call the family to express sorrow for the family and gratitude for their sacrifice. What possible reason could he have to intentionally insult them? Oh, I forgot, he's a racist, white supremacist, right? [Note: I have decided I am not going to use the word 'racist' anymore. It has no meaning anymore, because of its overuse and total misapplication. To me, it has become the N-Word that is approved by the PC-Liberal ilk.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQp0Cfm-zw

We have the perfect storm of 3 assholes here, and the family of the soldier is the only victim. Trump is an asshole, and I think we can all agree on that. He should have just ignored asshole number 2: Rep Wilson, who decided to use trump's inability to express himself correctly as a political pointy stick because she knew that asshole number 3: the media, would go for it like a kid at a candy store.
The reason we can't ignore this is that Donny started this fight by lying about how previous Presidents handled similar situations. He doesn't get to start a fight about an issue and then, when the facts prove he's a liar, tut tut about how everyone else is politicizing the issue.

But of course, none of this has anything to do with his attempt, aided and abetted by the Republican Congressional majority, to strip health care from tens of millions of people in order to finance a tax cut for the rich. Which may be why Donny started the fight. I'm not sure I give him credit for that much planning, but it's certainly consistent with his modus operandi. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:11 am 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 8562
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I think Gen Kelly said it all. I'll go with what he said. But let the spinning begin.
You shouldn't. He got his facts about Rep. Wilson's speech in Florida wrong. Here's the video to prove it.
The caption beneath your video states, "Video from 2015 shows full speech," when it is clearly NOT the full speech. I wonder why they felt a need to edit it.
Here's a condolence call from April that was recorded, so no one can make up what was and wasn't said. It in no way resembles the one being argued about.

Listen: Soldier’s widow shares her call with Trump

The actual video

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 8961
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob78164 wrote:
He doesn't get to start a fight about an issue and then, when the facts prove he's a liar, tut tut about how everyone else is politicizing the issue.



So he can't just go "What difference, at this point, does it make?" I agree with you.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2997
Location: Lacey, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I am very sick of this. Everyone is quoting from their own echo chamber's 'news' sources. Perhaps trump tripped over his own words during the phone call. Perhaps the family did feel disrespected. The overlying fact is trump did call the family to express sorrow for the family and gratitude for their sacrifice. What possible reason could he have to intentionally insult them? Oh, I forgot, he's a racist, white supremacist, right? [Note: I have decided I am not going to use the word 'racist' anymore. It has no meaning anymore, because of its overuse and total misapplication. To me, it has become the N-Word that is approved by the PC-Liberal ilk.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQp0Cfm-zw

We have the perfect storm of 3 assholes here, and the family of the soldier is the only victim. Trump is an asshole, and I think we can all agree on that. He should have just ignored asshole number 2: Rep Wilson, who decided to use trump's inability to express himself correctly as a political pointy stick because she knew that asshole number 3: the media, would go for it like a kid at a candy store.
The reason we can't ignore this is that Donny started this fight by lying about how previous Presidents handled similar situations. He doesn't get to start a fight about an issue and then, when the facts prove he's a liar, tut tut about how everyone else is politicizing the issue.

But of course, none of this has anything to do with his attempt, aided and abetted by the Republican Congressional majority, to strip health care from tens of millions of people in order to finance a tax cut for the rich. Which may be why Donny started the fight. I'm not sure I give him credit for that much planning, but it's certainly consistent with his modus operandi. --Bob


The reason you can't ignore it is because you and millions of other useful idiots have vowed to 'resist', sabotage and mock anything he says and does because you are children who didn't get your way and will not compromise with your imagined inferiors.

Keep doing it. The majority of Americans see through it. They just don't get the media air time for the same reasons.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:07 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15811
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
[The reason you can't ignore it is because you and millions of other useful idiots have vowed to 'resist', sabotage and mock anything he says and does because you are children who didn't get your way and will not compromise with your imagined inferiors.
The plurality of Americans voted for Secretary Clinton.

As for compromise, please identify all of the Democrats invited to participate in the drafting of the Republicans' health care bill, the one that died a deserved death on the Senate floor. (*crickets*)

Now identify all of the Democrats invited to participate in the drafting of the Republicans' budget bill, the one that will strip half a trillion from Medicare and more than a trillion from Medic-Aid, all to finance tax cuts for the rich. (*crickets*)

And of course, Republicans are bailing en masse from the actual compromise bill negotiated between Senator Alexander and Senator Murray.

Compromise requires talking to the other side. Republicans refused to do that when Democrats were in power, and they are refusing to do that now. Democrats invited them to the table, but Republicans calculated that they could squeeze more political advantage from scorched-earth opposition. Now they're reaping what they sowed.

Congressional Republicans are trying to force their partisan agenda down the throats of an unwilling populace. And as long as they continue to do that, I will continue to fight them with everything at my command. I'm willing to talk. I refuse to be bulldozed. And I will insist on the same attitude from my Congressional representatives. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2997
Location: Lacey, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
[The reason you can't ignore it is because you and millions of other useful idiots have vowed to 'resist', sabotage and mock anything he says and does because you are children who didn't get your way and will not compromise with your imagined inferiors.
The plurality of Americans voted for Secretary Clinton.

As for compromise, please identify all of the Democrats invited to participate in the drafting of the Republicans' health care bill, the one that died a deserved death on the Senate floor. (*crickets*)

Now identify all of the Democrats invited to participate in the drafting of the Republicans' budget bill, the one that will strip half a trillion from Medicare and more than a trillion from Medic-Aid, all to finance tax cuts for the rich. (*crickets*)

And of course, Republicans are bailing en masse from the actual compromise bill negotiated between Senator Alexander and Senator Murray.

Compromise requires talking to the other side. Republicans refused to do that when Democrats were in power, and they are refusing to do that now. Democrats invited them to the table, but Republicans calculated that they could squeeze more political advantage from scorched-earth opposition. Now they're reaping what they sowed.

Congressional Republicans are trying to force their partisan agenda down the throats of an unwilling populace. And as long as they continue to do that, I will continue to fight them with everything at my command. I'm willing to talk. I refuse to be bulldozed. And I will insist on the same attitude from my Congressional representatives. --Bob


Of course they are. They want them all to die. Now run along.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.