Donny is aggressively sabotaging health exchanges

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Donny is aggressively sabotaging health exchanges

#51 Post by Estonut » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:So why do you assume he had the names and numbers in front of him?
He was calling 4 different families. I'd think they'd have prepared a card for each, listing parents, spouses, kids, kids ages, etc.. Pertinent information for each call.

I'm surprised to see that you think he's smart enough to remember such information for each call.
What you think is apparently wrong. Maybe he can't read. He didn't remember and didn't look at anything; he just didn't know.
Unless you were there for the call, you're full of shit. You couldn't possibly know any of that to be true.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#52 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:He was calling 4 different families. I'd think they'd have prepared a card for each, listing parents, spouses, kids, kids ages, etc.. Pertinent information for each call.

I'm surprised to see that you think he's smart enough to remember such information for each call.
What you think is apparently wrong. Maybe he can't read. He didn't remember and didn't look at anything; he just didn't know.
Unless you were there for the call, you're full of shit. You couldn't possibly know any of that to be true.
yes, and Trump was letting the people in Puerto Rico die. You can believe it. It was on video, the mayor said so.

Idiots believe what they want to believe and don't believe what they don't want to.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#53 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:What you think is apparently wrong. Maybe he can't read. He didn't remember and didn't look at anything; he just didn't know.
yes, and Trump was letting the people in Puerto Rico die. You can believe it. It was on video, the mayor said so.

Idiots believe what they want to believe and don't believe what they don't want to.
You think the widow was lying when she said that Donny didn't know her husband's name? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#54 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Estonut wrote:Unless you were there for the call, you're full of shit. You couldn't possibly know any of that to be true.

You think the widow was lying when she said that Donny didn't know her husband's name? --Bob
I've not seen any quotes from the widow, only the Rep and her mother.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#55 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:He was calling 4 different families. I'd think they'd have prepared a card for each, listing parents, spouses, kids, kids ages, etc.. Pertinent information for each call.

Right, so why are you claiming he had cards?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#56 Post by Estonut » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:24 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:What you think is apparently wrong. Maybe he can't read. He didn't remember and didn't look at anything; he just didn't know.
I made no such claim, jackass.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#57 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:31 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:Unless you were there for the call, you're full of shit. You couldn't possibly know any of that to be true.
I was wrong about CNN. This sub thread should go on MSNBC.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#58 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:07 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#59 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:45 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Right, so why are you claiming he had cards?
LOL. BJ proving he can't comprehend written English.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#60 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:34 am

Estonut wrote: He was calling 4 different families. I'd think they'd have prepared a card for each, listing parents, spouses, kids, kids ages, etc.. Pertinent information for each call.
Regardless of what Trump's handlers may or may not have prepared, he has a habit of going off the cuff and away from prepared texts, so it's certainly not implausible that he wouldn't have tried to wing calls like this one.

What you have is a he said-they said situation pitting a grieving family on the way to pick up the remains of a son and husband vs. a serial, pathological liar who claimed he had "proof" that his version of the call was correct and then never delivered the proof.

Unless someone did record the call, we'll never know for sure. And perhaps you choose to believe that a grieving family would decide on the spur of the moment that this call represented a good opportunity to trap the President and that everyone in the car then decided to collaborate in perpetuating a falsehood.

That goes a good way towards explaining how Trump still has a 30% or so level of support in this country.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#61 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 am

silverscreenselect wrote:And perhaps you choose to believe that a grieving family would decide on the spur of the moment that this call represented a good opportunity to trap the President and that everyone in the car then decided to collaborate in perpetuating a falsehood.
Yeah, because no one would use a tragedy to disparage Trump and attempt to advance their political views.
silverscreenselect wrote: That goes a good way towards explaining how Trump still has a 30% or so level of support in this country.
He still beats your candidate in an election today.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#62 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:11 am

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:And perhaps you choose to believe that a grieving family would decide on the spur of the moment that this call represented a good opportunity to trap the President and that everyone in the car then decided to collaborate in perpetuating a falsehood.
Yeah, because no one would use a tragedy to disparage Trump and attempt to advance their political views.
There's a difference between using a tragedy to advance a point of view (which happens on both sides of the political spectrum) and for the widow and parents of a dead soldier to concoct a story while driving to the airport to claim the remains of the deceased soldier.

BackInTex

#63 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:39 am

silverscreenselect wrote: There's a difference between using a tragedy to advance a point of view (which happens on both sides of the political spectrum) and for the widow and parents of a dead soldier to concoct a story while driving to the airport to claim the remains of the deceased soldier.
The soldiers parents weren't there. The widow's mother was. As far as I know, from what I've read.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#64 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:13 am

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote: The quote to that widow of the dead soldier killed in Africa pretty much sums up Trump's philosophy "he knew what he signed up for."
Considering the source, it is highly suspect, that he said those words, that way, in the context they are being portrayed. Highly.

It is about at truthful as the dossier so widely reported.
The White House has walked back Donny's denial. And as for that dossier, the Senate Intelligence Committee is taking it seriously.

I will say, though, that he has exceeded my expectations by refraining for two whole days from again attacking Gold Star families. Perhaps his staff is finally learning to control him. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#65 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:20 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: But I believe he is, for the most part, trying to do what he thinks is best for the country as much as Obama, Bush, Clinton et al thought they were doing the best for the country.
I don't believe that for a second. Like any other child, Donny is doing what he thinks is best for Donny. He cares no more about the welfare of the country as a whole than he cared about the welfare of the "students" at Trump University. And in the specific case of health care, his complete lack of understanding of how the Affordable Care Act actually works tells me that his visceral hatred of the Act arises primarily because it constitutes a part of President Obama's legacy that he knows he'll never be equal to.

I thought that Reagan's policies were odious and I thought that Bush 43 was pretty damn incompetent for most of his term, but I did think they were at least trying to do right by the country as they saw it. Notwithstanding his complicity in the current Administration, I'll even give Vice President Pence the benefit of the doubt on that score. But there's no evidence of that mindset in Donny's history or in his actions since moving into the White House. --Bob

Bob Juch

#66 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:49 am

BackInTex

#67 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Image
Your mom still lets you play with markers?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#68 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:10 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Your mom still lets you play with markers?
You think I'm giving Donny advice?

BackInTex

#69 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:42 pm

Bob Juch wrote: You think I'm giving Donny advice?
No, I think you're playing adult.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#70 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:51 pm

I think Gen Kelly said it all. I'll go with what he said. But let the spinning begin.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#71 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:52 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I think Gen Kelly said it all. I'll go with what he said. But let the spinning begin.
General Kelly is a soldier. A soldier follows orders. Just look where his orders come from.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#72 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:57 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:I think Gen Kelly said it all. I'll go with what he said. But let the spinning begin.
General Kelly is a soldier. A soldier follows orders. Just look where his orders come from.
Simpler than that. Donny's the one who politicized this issue by lying about what previous Administrations had done.

But as this thread shows, it has been an effective distraction from his deliberate sabotage of American health care. I still urge people to follow my basic rule of political discourse: If the sentence begins with the words, "Trump said," the rest of the sentence isn't worth your time. Watch what Donny does. Ignore what he says. That's what Rachel Maddow has been doing to great commercial success. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#73 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 pm

You might want to rethink Number 4 on the list:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... c25ec70e1e

Bob Juch

#74 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:19 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
You might want to rethink Number 4 on the list:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... c25ec70e1e
I didn't write the list; it was leaked from an inside source. :)

As for #4, the check's in the mail.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#75 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:35 pm

You shouldn't. He got his facts about Rep. Wilson's speech in Florida wrong. Here's the video to prove it. --Bob