Transcript 10/12/17 Leslie Shannon

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/12/17 Leslie Shannon

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Leslie Shannon
Santa Clara, CA
Leslie has spent the past twenty years living in Finland & Australia.

$500
Which of these does NOT appear on HowStuffWorks.com's list of "10 Threats You Should Never Try to Outrun"?
A: A tornado B: A bear
C: The police D: An angry snail

Spoiler
D: An angry snail

$1,000
Now open year-round to meet your chilly lodging needs, which city is home to Icehotel, a beautiful inn constructed entirely from ice and snow?
A: Cairo, Egypt B: Phoenix, Arizona
C: Jukkasjärvi, Sweden D: Suva, Fiji

Spoiler
C: Jukkasjärvi, Sweden

$2,000
A major online retailer today, what company launched in the late '90s under its original name, ShoeSite.com?
A: Zappos B: Etsy
C: Seamless D: Staples

Spoiler
A: Zappos

$3,000
The William Wrigley Memorial Botanical Garden on CA's Catalina Island is located near the former spring training home of what MLB team Wrigley owned?
A: Chicago Cubs B: Boston Red Sox
C: New York Yankees D: Detroit Tigers

Leslie has a minor meltdown after
Spoiler
saying "A: Chicago Cubs Final answer" when the screen shows the answer change into Yellow by yelling, "Thank God! [probably thinking it was green, showing she's right] Wait no...that's cause I locked it in [realizing she's not sure if she's right yet]" and then getting bleeped, "Sh!t!" She and Chris share a high five and Chris says he's happy it's not Whiz Kids Week.

Spoiler
A: Chicago Cubs

$5,000
Andy Warhol once claimed that he "used to have the same lunch every day, for 20 years...the same thing over and over again." Fittingly, what was it?
A: A chicken pot pie B: Two hot dogs with mustard
C: Macaroni and cheese D: Campbell's soup

Spoiler
D: Campbell's soup

$7,000
Which of these is one of the world's most popular mystery authors, and NOT one of the world's most-popular YouTube stars?
A: Roman Atwood B: PewDiePie
C: Tyler Oakley D: Janet Evanovich

Spoiler
D: Janet Evanovich

First commercial break

Leslie shares a story of how she learned how to fire-breathe in order to be in the opening ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

$10,000
The 50-star version of the U.S. flag has lasted the longest, flying for more than 57 years. Which version of the flag flew second-longest, for 47 years?
A: 13-star B: 15-star
C: 48-star D: 49-star

Spoiler
C: 48-star

$20,000
If you had regular bags of plain M&Ms, plain Reese's Pieces and original Skittles, what's the only pair of colors you could eat from all three individual bags?
A: Orange & blue B: Orange & yellow
C: Blue & red D: Yellow & brown

Spoiler
B: Orange & yellow

$30,000
If a regional rap feud were to erupt in Ireland, MC's from Killarney and Ennis could represent the West Coast, while which city could represent the East Coast?
A: Cork B: Galway
C: Limerick D: Dublin

Spoiler
D: Dublin

Second commercial break

$50,000
Though one's first starring movie role came more than a decade after the other's, which of these pairs of actors were born fewer than three months apart?
A: Macaulay Culkin and Ryan Gosling B: Haley Joel Osment and Channing Tatum
C: Dakota Fanning and Scarlett Johansson D: Anna Paquin and Jennifer Lawrence

Spoiler
Leslie's +1 is her friend, Tim. Tim admits this is a tough one but thinks it through. He rules out D because he believes Paquin is about 10 years older than Lawrence. They talk about B pegging The Sixth Sense around 1997 [sic] and Osment around 10, so try to figure out if Tatum is around 30. They think Fanning's first role was early '90s [sic] and they know Johansson is 31 [sic] right now. They think Home Alone was 1990 or 1991 and rule this out because "Gosling isn't 50" [sic].

Spoiler
50/50 leaves Macaulay Culkin and Ryan Gosling & Anna Paquin and Jennifer Lawrence.

Spoiler
A: Macaulay Culkin and Ryan Gosling

Third commercial break
QotD wrote: According to Greek mythology, Zeus created what as a way to torment Prometheus for bringing fire to man?
A: Hailstorms B: Woman
C: Hiccups D: Vanity

Spoiler
B: Woman
$100,000
"Bloody Ploughman" and "Stark's Earliest" are both actual varieties of what?
A: Ocean waves B: Tulips
C: Apples D: English cheeses

Leslie has no idea but
Spoiler
she thinks these sound like flower or fruit names. She doesn't think anyone would name an apple Bloody Ploughman

Spoiler
Leslie guesses Tulips.
The correct answer is C: Apples
Leslie wins $50,000

MysteryMan-123

Re: Transcript 10/12/17 Leslie Shannon

#2 Post by MysteryMan-123 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:58 pm

500: easy

1K: easy

2K: easy

3K: easy

5K: easy

7K: use 50/50, hope A and D aren't left

10K: NM and AZ admitted in 1912, AK and HI admitted 57 years later in 1959, so it has to be C

20K: there are no brown Skittles, nor are there any blue Reese's Pieces, so it has to be B

30K: I've seen where Dublin is on a map of Ireland

50K: +1, hope he or she knows

100K: figure it's either B or C, I doubt the audience would know, so I might have to walk here

TheConfessor

#3 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:55 pm

MysteryMan-123 wrote: 100K: figure it's either B or C, I doubt the audience would know, so I might have to walk here
It was a free guess, so I wouldn't recommend walking on this one.

Leslie is a good friend of mine. I met her several years ago when she was living in Finland and playing in European quiz events. She also did well on Jeopardy!

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:31 pm

7,K: Only one ever heard of is PewDiePie. ATA

10K: B or C. +1

20K: Don't even know what Skittles is. Popcorn? Guess B.

50K: 50/50. Pretend I get right.

100K: Guess right.