Who Wants to be Millionaire

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
blairetalley43

Who Wants to be Millionaire

#1 Post by blairetalley43 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:41 am

I was recommended by Dino he is an editor over GSNN. My brother was on the show Who Wants to be a Millionaire when Meridith was the host, his show aired on May 18, 2011. We are desperately trying to find this video he passed last year from cancer and that is the only video we would have of him. His name is Stefan Talley and I would appreciate any help to find this video, thank you!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Who Wants to be Millionaire

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Welcome aBored. I'm sorry for your loss.

Do you happen to know who else appeared on that show? It's a long shot, but perhaps we (meaning the Bored) know someone who has the show because of another person's appearance. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

plasticene

#3 Post by plasticene » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Unfortunately, there's no one here who collects recordings of the show. You might have some luck if you're willing to try to directly contact one of the other contestants from that day.

There were three contestants, including a one-question contestant:

Julie Criner
Stefan Talley
Jamie Cassinelli

If you google Julie Criner's name along with "Kansas City", you'll get several promising hits, including a LinkedIn profile with the correct profession. Good luck!

Estonut
Evil Genius

#4 Post by Estonut » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:11 am

Hey, Blaire!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I DO have some good news, though. I thought I might have your brother's episode on a DVD, as I was still recording the show back then, but I had no idea where it might be. I was resetting the cable box in the guest room and saw a box labelled "WWtBaM." On a whim, I looked inside and the date range was promising. I found the disc containing Stefan's episode. I have never found anything so easily and quickly in my life, especially when I was afraid it was going to be a lengthy search.

I tried to play it in my computer. It worked there, so I duplicated it. The copy worked in my PC, too, but I needed to test it on a DVD player to be sure it is "finalized." It seems to play fine in my Blu-ray player (but it is just a DVD).

Be aware that this is NOT an HD recording. I didn't have HD nor the recording capabilities for it back then. It is the complete show, however, along with 7 other episodes from that time period.

If you'd like me to send this to you, please either PM a mailing address using the PM button somewhere around this post (location varies by style) or e-mail it to Estonut@Yahoo.COM.

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:55 am

Estonut wrote:Hey, Blaire!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I DO have some good news, though. I thought I might have your brother's episode on a DVD, as I was still recording the show back then, but I had no idea where it might be. I was resetting the cable box in the guest room and saw a box labelled "WWtBaM." On a whim, I looked inside and the date range was promising. I found the disc containing Stefan's episode. I have never found anything so easily and quickly in my life, especially when I was afraid it was going to be a lengthy search.

I tried to play it in my computer. It worked there, so I duplicated it. The copy worked in my PC, too, but I needed to test it on a DVD player to be sure it is "finalized." It seems to play fine in my Blu-ray player (but it is just a DVD).

Be aware that this is NOT an HD recording. I didn't have HD nor the recording capabilities for it back then. It is the complete show, however, along with 7 other episodes from that time period.

If you'd like me to send this to you, please either PM a mailing address using the PM button somewhere around this post (location varies by style) or e-mail it to Estonut@Yahoo.COM.
Woo hoo! Great story/response/circumstance/theresabetterwordbutIcantpullitout.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

blairetalley43

#6 Post by blairetalley43 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Thank you guys so much I really appreciate it!!

plasticene

#7 Post by plasticene » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:20 pm

plasticene wrote:Unfortunately, there's no one here who collects recordings of the show.
I knew I should have added an "I don't think" somewhere. Thanks for proving me wrong, Estonut! Amazing!

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:01 pm

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

mellytu74

#9 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:50 am

BackInTex wrote:

Woo hoo! Great story/response/circumstance/theresabetterwordbutIcantpullitout.
Yeah. Exactly.

I am so sorry for your loss, Blaire.