Hey Dimmzy!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Hey Dimmzy!

#1 Post by christie1111 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:43 am

You will be very proud of my efforts this weekend.

I was spending quite a bit of time organizing my sewing room. Okay, I didn't spend a lot of time deleting items, but I do think that there is one set of craft cabinets that will be decluttered as well as organized in my current enthusiasm.

I have the before pictures from when I thought about sending them and then saw them and said, um no. They were pretty bad!

It is even past the 'it looks worse before it gets better' part of a thorough cleaning. And I found a book I promised to show someone and hadn't been ablt to find.

I will do more every evening this week with the goal of being done by next weekend.

At least now it is neat enough that I can reward my cleaning efforts with some quilting time.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

dimmzy

#2 Post by dimmzy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:51 am

BRAVO!

I'll send you a private message, but in the meantime, I should tell you that, over the weekend, I helped my MOTHER start decluttering my parents' attic. Since it's a stressful job, here's how we started:

1) told her we should just CONSOLIDATE AND LABEL her boxes and not worry initially about throwing anything out

2) after consolidating, we should just start putting like items together and then end the process for the day.

Well, once we started we found that she had 25 EMPTY XEROX PAPER BOXES in the attic from before she retired (in 1996). She refused to part with any of them -- "I might need them some day" -- but I did convince her to recycle 15 empty shoe boxes and 10 State Test Review Books from the 1970s! And she sorted through her 3 yarn boxes so now I have a big garbage bag of yarn to take to a local store that recycles and sells craft items for charity.

All in all, a good day.