So much winning!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Pastor Fireball

So much winning!

#1 Post by Pastor Fireball » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:20 pm

Anybody tired of winning tonight?
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

Bob Juch

Re: So much winning!

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:02 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:Anybody tired of winning tonight?
Oh hell no! Thanks, Donny.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 am

Trump was talking about American economic success, and from his point of view he's kept that promise (jobs, stock market, trade). But he has also boasted that he'll lead Republicans to victory. Now his short coattails don't match his long ties.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:54 am

jarnon wrote:Trump was talking about American economic success, and from his point of view he's kept that promise (jobs, stock market, trade).
Trump hasn't "done" anything. The trends that were in place when he took office have continued (lowering unemployment, rising stock prices). He claimed that he would take care of the people who had been left behind in the economic recovery (which got him elected), and their situation hasn't improved.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:47 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote:Trump was talking about American economic success, and from his point of view he's kept that promise (jobs, stock market, trade).
Trump hasn't "done" anything. The trends that were in place when he took office have continued (lowering unemployment, rising stock prices). He claimed that he would take care of the people who had been left behind in the economic recovery (which got him elected), and their situation hasn't improved.
Did you see the news that many coal miners won't take retraining classes because "Trump is bringing coal back"?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:46 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Just curious if you give GWB the benefit of the doubt on having the internet bubble -epitomized by companies like Socks.com or whatever-burst on his watch when Clinton got the benefit of the inflation of that bubble?

This is probably the classic example of events being set in place during, and benefiting, a previous admin with the inevitable bursting happening in the next admin which received the blame.

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Spock wrote:Just curious if you give GWB the benefit of the doubt on having the internet bubble -epitomized by companies like Socks.com or whatever-burst on his watch when Clinton got the benefit of the inflation of that bubble?
I seem to recall another economic slippance under Bush in 2007 and 2008 that didn't start to turn around until after his term ended.

And I also seem to recall (and I'm paraphrasing a bit from memory) your saying that all the supposed anger against Trump hadn't led to any concrete electoral results. Was Tuesday night concrete enough?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com