WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: So much winning!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:20 pm 

Anybody tired of winning tonight?

"... the baseless self-serving persecution foisted upon the Bored by Beast, Estonut, jarnon, Bob#s, and Weasel [in June]. Nonetheless, my life and this game go on as scheduled. Both my life and this game MUST go on, full speed, in direct defiance of the prejudice. Otherwise, the terrorists win."

Post subject: Re: So much winning!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:02 am 

Pastor Fireball wrote:
Anybody tired of winning tonight?

Oh hell no! Thanks, Donny.

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 am 

Trump was talking about American economic success, and from his point of view he's kept that promise (jobs, stock market, trade). But he has also boasted that he'll lead Republicans to victory. Now his short coattails don't match his long ties.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:54 am 

jarnon wrote:
Trump was talking about American economic success, and from his point of view he's kept that promise (jobs, stock market, trade).

Trump hasn't "done" anything. The trends that were in place when he took office have continued (lowering unemployment, rising stock prices). He claimed that he would take care of the people who had been left behind in the economic recovery (which got him elected), and their situation hasn't improved.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:47 am 

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Trump was talking about American economic success, and from his point of view he's kept that promise (jobs, stock market, trade).

Trump hasn't "done" anything. The trends that were in place when he took office have continued (lowering unemployment, rising stock prices). He claimed that he would take care of the people who had been left behind in the economic recovery (which got him elected), and their situation hasn't improved.

Did you see the news that many coal miners won't take retraining classes because "Trump is bringing coal back"?

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:46 pm 

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote:

Just curious if you give GWB the benefit of the doubt on having the internet bubble -epitomized by companies like Socks.com or whatever-burst on his watch when Clinton got the benefit of the inflation of that bubble?

This is probably the classic example of events being set in place during, and benefiting, a previous admin with the inevitable bursting happening in the next admin which received the blame.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:34 pm 

Spock wrote:
Just curious if you give GWB the benefit of the doubt on having the internet bubble -epitomized by companies like Socks.com or whatever-burst on his watch when Clinton got the benefit of the inflation of that bubble?

I seem to recall another economic slippance under Bush in 2007 and 2008 that didn't start to turn around until after his term ended.

And I also seem to recall (and I'm paraphrasing a bit from memory) your saying that all the supposed anger against Trump hadn't led to any concrete electoral results. Was Tuesday night concrete enough?