WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:13 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4050
Raj Dhuwalia
Valley Village, CA


Raj scored the highest among Americans competing in the World Trivia Championship. He is going for $50,000 and has used his +1 lifeline.

$50,000: Wildly outnumbering humans and boasting about 1 million species, an estimated 4 out of 5 living animals on earth are nematodes, a type of what?
A - fish
B - mosquito
C - worm
D - ant
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (worm)


$100,000: Before fingerprinting became widespread, law enforcement relied heavily on the Bertillon System, which identified criminals how?
A - by measuring various body parts
B - by recording their voices
C - by measuring exact weight
D - by taking hair samples
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: A (by measuring various body parts)

commercial break

$250,000: One of the longest words in the Bible, Mahershalalhashbaz is the name of a character in which book?
A - Exodus
B - Job
C - Isaiah
D - Judges

Raj hasn't read any of these books so he uses his 50:50.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
"50:50 results": A & C

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (Isaiah)

commercial break

$500,000: Saying they didn't have room for it, in 1956 New York's Museum of Modern Art rejected a free Andy Warhol drawing of what?
A - an ice cream cone
B - a shoe
C - a telephone booth
D - a dog

Raj asks the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 20%
B - 13%
C - 42%
D - 25%

Raj isn't willing to take the risk with that distribution so he opts to walk away
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (a shoe)

commercial break

MILLIONAIRE "QUESTION OF THE DAY": Forty-three years old when audiences saw him don the mask and cape for the first time, which of these actors was the oldest when he first portrayed Batman?
A - Michael Keaton
B - George Clooney
C - Christian Bale
D - Ben Affleck
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (Ben Affleck)

commercial break


Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6310
100K: Hair samples require chemical analysis. That early on it would have been pretty simple chemistry. Recording industry in its infancy too. Like contestant I thought "weight isn't static". Its a free Q; go for body parts.

250K: Have 50/50 left. I was going for Isaiah but unlike contestant would never had risked money here.

500K: Would never have seen Q but my choice would have been full-sized phone booth.

Raj is the kind of great contestant we'd see more of if they went more for trivia experts instead of perky-perky. And he wasn't hard to look at either, which I'm sure did figure into their choice.

More power to him.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12231
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Raj Dhuwalia
Valley Village, CA


Raj scored the highest among Americans competing in the World Trivia Championship. He is going for $50,000 and has used his +1 lifeline.


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$250,000: One of the longest words in the Bible, Mahershalalhashbaz is the name of a character in which book?
A - Exodus
B - Job
C - Isaiah
D - Judges

Raj hasn't read any of these books so he uses his 50:50.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
"50:50 results": A & C

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (Isaiah)

elwing and I joked about naming our 4th son this.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$500,000: Saying they didn't have room for it, in 1956 New York's Museum of Modern Art rejected a free Andy Warhol drawing of what?
A - an ice cream cone
B - a shoe
C - a telephone booth
D - a dog

Raj asks the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 20%
B - 13%
C - 42%
D - 25%

Raj isn't willing to take the risk with that distribution so he opts to walk away
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (a shoe)

I would still have my 50:50 and +1 and would use them in that order.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 7:13 pm
Posts: 337
Thanks to an episode of "Pawn Stars", I knew that Warhol had sort of a "shoe movement". Not sure if I could pull the trigger that he didn't do the others as well, but I'd definitely consider it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.