WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:08 pm 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29142
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
I just now realized I needed to switch back over to standard time...

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6306
There are no clocks in Walmart?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29142
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
ghostjmf wrote:
There are no clocks in Walmart?



I mean for the Bored.

I have worked 37 time change nights in a row and am unofficially the Mecca expert on how to take breaks during the change without confusing the time clock...

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:07 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 8559
Location: Garden Grove, CA
littlebeast13 wrote:
I have worked 37 time change nights in a row and am unofficially the Mecca expert on how to take breaks during the change without confusing the time clock...
You need an expert to know to just ignore the hour hand (or digit(s))?

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 20697
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
littlebeast13 wrote:
I just now realized I needed to switch back over to standard time...

lb13

I no longer have that problem. I even get to sleep until 6:30 instead of 5:30 on weekdays.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:00 am 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29142
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Estonut wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
I have worked 37 time change nights in a row and am unofficially the Mecca expert on how to take breaks during the change without confusing the time clock...
You need an expert to know to just ignore the hour hand (or digit(s))?



When the time clock will not allow you to clock back in from lunch without at least 30 minutes elapsing...... yes, you do need an expert to not get locked out for an extra hour. And since my manager tried to schedule us an hour early that night thinking it was Spring Forward, that expertise isn't coming from there...

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 am 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 8559
Location: Garden Grove, CA
littlebeast13 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
I have worked 37 time change nights in a row and am unofficially the Mecca expert on how to take breaks during the change without confusing the time clock...
You need an expert to know to just ignore the hour hand (or digit(s))?
When the time clock will not allow you to clock back in from lunch without at least 30 minutes elapsing...... yes, you do need an expert to not get locked out for an extra hour. And since my manager tried to schedule us an hour early that night thinking it was Spring Forward, that expertise isn't coming from there...
My brain fart. When I first read your (quoted) post, I totally missed the word "time" in front of clock. I envisioned your co-workers getting confused about the hour, when that is most likely irrelevant.

I haven't used a time clock since my days at Toys-R-Us and a couple of bike shops, so I had forgotten the additional pain they can deliver to one's ass.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
Miss Congeniality
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:48 am
Posts: 11860
Location: Auburn, AL
I'm still trying to figure out how to get an avatar. I seem to have forgotten everything!

kay

_________________
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 8559
Location: Garden Grove, CA
kayrharris wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how to get an avatar. I seem to have forgotten everything!
Hey, Kay! Good to see ya!

You can upload an avatar (if it's the right size) by clicking on the following:

User Control Panel > Profile >> Edit Avatar

If you need to get an image to the correct size, here are the EXACT (Don't let them scare you) instructions:

Avatar shrinking site (still available)
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

My post on using it:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18077&p=206335#p206335

Let me know if you have problems or need help!

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
Miss Congeniality
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:48 am
Posts: 11860
Location: Auburn, AL
Thanks Esto! Maybe that will be my project tomorrow.

kay

_________________
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:23 pm 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29142
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
kayrharris wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how to get an avatar. I seem to have forgotten everything!

kay



You know what that's a sign of.....

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:25 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 8559
Location: Garden Grove, CA
littlebeast13 wrote:
kayrharris wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how to get an avatar. I seem to have forgotten everything!
You know what that's a sign of.....
Having a life?

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.