WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15811
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Senator Isakson has publicly commented that it's better to have a child molester in the Senate than a Democrat. That, of course, is precisely what's wrong with the country, and in particular the Republican Party, right now. And sss must be so proud of his senator right now. --Bob

Where the hell did this come from? One of your trusted research sites?

It is the consensus of pretty much every credible poll that most democrats are slightly to be preferred to child molesters. I doubt Isakson said that.
Johnny Isakson wrote:
As a member of the Republican Party and an elected Republican, there’s no circumstance under which having a Democrat would be better (than having a Republican)."
It does appear, though, that I did Senator Isakson an injustice. This statement appears to have been in the context of calling for Moore to step down.

No such excuse for Mo Brooks, though, who believes that his party's agenda is "vastly more important" than the charges against Moore. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13862
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
It is certainly concerning that more and more, these accusations of sexual misdeeds seem to come at strategic moments in political campaigns. Is that coincidence?


There are other extenuating circumstances in the present case. Ever since the Harvey Weinstein case became public, the floodgates have opened with allegations against people in virtually every walk of life. A lot of women (and men) who have been abused, molested, assaulted, or harassed are now coming forward, and each one that does makes it easier for the next.

Accusers still face a lot of potential repercussions, especially in the political arena, where an entire political party seems to line up against them, rather than just individuals like Weinstein and Spacey.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 20700
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Senator Isakson has publicly commented that it's better to have a child molester in the Senate than a Democrat. That, of course, is precisely what's wrong with the country, and in particular the Republican Party, right now. And sss must be so proud of his senator right now. --Bob

Where the hell did this come from? One of your trusted research sites?

It is the consensus of pretty much every credible poll that most democrats are slightly to be preferred to child molesters. I doubt Isakson said that.

He did not. However, he's not calling for Moore to withdraw.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6310
Spock cites some neighbors, neither of whom are running for any office.

Spock, you don't know if either or both parties were forced into the marriage, or for what reasons if either was. Women have stayed married in horrible relations for complicated reasons. Nowhere to go being only one of many.

Suppose it was true love between an 18-year-old & her 15-year-older neighbor. It was, at that age, legal. I just throw that out there for argument's sake. I know someone who broke off a relationship with their older partner precisely because the partner was autocratic & controlling & my friend had had enough of that, even at their pre-legal age (I didn't know them back then; they told about it years later).

How would you know that the woman had affairs?

How does the woman appearing attractive *to you*, "attractive" being always subjective, have any bearing on the situation?


Last edited by ghostjmf on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13862
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
It is certainly concerning that more and more, these accusations of sexual misdeeds seem to come at strategic moments in political campaigns. Is that coincidence?


There are other extenuating circumstances in the present case. Ever since the Harvey Weinstein case became public, the floodgates have opened with allegations against people in virtually every walk of life. A lot of women (and men) who have been abused, molested, assaulted, or harassed are now coming forward, and each one that does makes it easier for the next.

Accusers still face a lot of potential repercussions, especially in the political arena, where an entire political party seems to line up against them, rather than just individuals like Weinstein and Spacey.


Here's an article showing just how widespread the "Weinstein effect" is. It's happening all over the world, and in other political arenas as well. Earlier this month, the British Defense Secretary resigned over sexual harassment allegations.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 862353001/

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:24 pm 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3296
Location: Literary Circles
Weinstein's making a case for Time's Man of the Year.

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Waiting their turn:
The Night Train
Devin Drake: World's Worst Magician

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 2287
silverscreenselect wrote:
Spock wrote:
I can't help but think of the hundreds of thousands (millions?) of young teenage girls in the 90% Democrat voting areas like Detroit, Baltimore-Indian Reservations etc-that are molested by their "Ghetto/Reservation uncles."

The left expects nothing better for these poor girls than for the cycle to continue.


The only people I have heard trying to minimize child sexual abuse are some of the supporters of Roy Moore who compare him and his victims to Mary and Joseph.

And there's no question that many cases never get reported for fairly obvious reasons in any demographic area. But please provide some background for your apparent claims that liberals aren't interested in solving the problem in urban areas. Otherwise it's just another wild unsupported statistic and claim that you've pulled out of your rear end.


In Detroit, Newark etc,when 14 year-old pregnant girls show up at school or wherever-How many statutory rape cases are pursued by the Democrat TPTB in those places?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 2287
Bob78164 wrote:
That, of course, is precisely what's wrong with the country, and in particular the Republican Party, right now. --Bob


We are getting a little sanctimonious now. Cough, cough-Menendez-Cough, Cough.

I remember Peahen telling of a friend's joke in New Jersey, who was going to vote for Menendez, but after voting was going to stop a random stranger on the street and give him a blow job, so he didn't feel so dirty after the vote.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 2287
ghostjmf wrote:
Molestation isn't a feature of ghettoes & non-existent in lilly-white communities. Its either complete ignorance or willful twisting of evidence to claim this.

So far, none of Mr. Moore's victims have been even the slightest bit brown, nor is he, nor is he their uncle.


Obviously, you didn't catch the meaning of "Uncle" in the ghetto/reservation context.

The one (non-conservation) charity that I send money to is on one of the small indian reservations (90 % Democrat voting) in South Dakota that has all sorts of pathologies to deal with. Drugs/Alcohol/suicide/reservation uncles etc.

While there are obviously problems in the surrounding areas, the problems are not as concentrated, and I sure don't get any fund-raising letters from those areas.

5 minutes of research could provide SSS and Ghost with some insight into the problems and pathologies on the 90% Democrat voting, Indian Reservations on the Great Plains-as compared to the surrounding areas.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 3495
Location: Texas
Everyone else who is a pedophile is bad too.

There, now can I criticize Roy Moore?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13862
Spock wrote:
In Detroit, Newark etc,when 14 year-old pregnant girls show up at school or wherever-How many statutory rape cases are pursued by the Democrat TPTB in those places?


And, once again, a claim without anything to back it up. It is tough to prosecute cases of statutory rape, period, regardless of race of the victim. Victims are reluctant to talk about it or press charges and their mothers don't want to admit it either. That's true in white households as well as black ones. That doesn't mean that the authorities are unwilling to take action when they can make a case.

But 14-year-old girls can and do get pregnant with the help of 14-year-old boys more often than with 34-year-old men. Pregnancies are more prevalent among minorities because of less access to birth control and sex education and fewer options to terminate pregnancies.

It's interesting that Spock seems to think that those very same police and prosecutors who have no problem arresting and convicting large numbers of blacks on all types of other charges including robbery, assault, drugs, and murder, suddenly get cold feet when it comes to cases of child abuse.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:46 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15811
Location: By the phone
Spock wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
That, of course, is precisely what's wrong with the country, and in particular the Republican Party, right now. --Bob


We are getting a little sanctimonious now. Cough, cough-Menendez-Cough, Cough.

I remember Peahen telling of a friend's joke in New Jersey, who was going to vote for Menendez, but after voting was going to stop a random stranger on the street and give him a blow job, so he didn't feel so dirty after the vote.
Menendez is in trial right now. After an investigation that started during the Obama Administration. We'll see what the jury has to say.

But that's got nothing to do with the Alabama Senate race. Many Republican office-holders, particularly those in Alabama, are still advocating electing a child molester instead of a Democrat. That's a serious problem. And it will continue to be a problem as long as rank-and-file Republicans refuse to hold them accountable for their conduct.

We're seeing classic examples of whataboutism here. Republican office holders are supporting a child molester for the United States Senate. Not all of them, but even one is too many. What, if anything, will rank-and-file Republicans do about it? --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6310
Spock:

An uncle is the brother of either your father or mother. If there's some kind of racist-code meaning, as your message says, I'll pass on looking it up.


Last edited by ghostjmf on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 13862
Reports that Roy Moore was banned from the Gadsden Mall for pestering teenage girls (the story is somewhat thinly sourced):

Quote:
This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people—including a major political figure in the state—who told me that they had heard, over the years, that Moore had been banned from the mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls. Some say that they heard this at the time, others in the years since. These people include five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees. (A request for comment from the Moore campaign was not answered.) Several of them asked that I leave their names out of this piece. The stories that they say they’ve heard for years have been swirling online in the days since the Post published its report. “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls,” the independent Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson wrote on his Web site on Sunday. (Wilson declined to divulge his sources.) Teresa Jones, a deputy district attorney for Etowah County in the early eighties, told CNN last week that “it was common knowledge that Roy dated high-school girls.” Jones told me that she couldn’t confirm the alleged mall banning, but said, “It’s a rumor I’ve heard for years.”


https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... dsden-mall

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com
Our Silver Screen Central blog is now live. Check it out (and join the discussion): http://www.silverscreenvideos.com/central


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6310
There were people who had worked at the Gadsden Mall whose interviews were shown on the local news here in Mass last night, so many of the people who had to warn their teenaged female employees to stay away from Moore, & who tried to keep Moore away from those kids, are no longer staying anonymous.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 3482
Location: Merion, Pa.
More joked that "I'm the only one who can unite Democrats and Republicans."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2996
Location: Lacey, Washington
Quote:
particularly those in Alabama, are still advocating electing a child molester instead of a Democrat


He is accused of it, and the press is prosecuting it. He has not been convicted of anything, although it looks pretty bad.
And it seems to say a lot about what people think about democrats. And the mainstream media.

But I forget that in your mind, people in Alabama are deplorables because they don't agree with you. At least they have pretty good college football teams there.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15811
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Quote:
particularly those in Alabama, are still advocating electing a child molester instead of a Democrat


He is accused of it, and the press is prosecuting it. He has not been convicted of anything, although it looks pretty bad.
And it seems to say a lot about what people think about democrats. And the mainstream media.

But I forget that in your mind, people in Alabama are deplorables because they don't agree with you. At least they have pretty good college football teams there.
He won't be convicted of anything. The statute of limitations has run.

"Looks pretty bad" takes some kind of understatement award. This isn't some he said, she said situation. Read the story and tell me how, absent motivated reasoning, anyone could possibly think that these incidents didn't happen. So far, John Oliver has been absolutely right about generous use of tactics that Donny is normalizing as best he can. On this very thread, we've seen delegitimatization of the press and whataboutism.

Moore did it. The only remaining question is whether enough Alabama voters will care. It disturbs me that there's even a question about that. It would disturb me much more if the answer turns out to be no. It should disturb everyone. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2996
Location: Lacey, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Quote:
particularly those in Alabama, are still advocating electing a child molester instead of a Democrat


He is accused of it, and the press is prosecuting it. He has not been convicted of anything, although it looks pretty bad.
And it seems to say a lot about what people think about democrats. And the mainstream media.

But I forget that in your mind, people in Alabama are deplorables because they don't agree with you. At least they have pretty good college football teams there.
He won't be convicted of anything. The statute of limitations has run.

"Looks pretty bad" takes some kind of understatement award. This isn't some he said, she said situation. Read the story and tell me how, absent motivated reasoning, anyone could possibly think that these incidents didn't happen. So far, John Oliver has been absolutely right about generous use of tactics that Donny is normalizing as best he can. On this very thread, we've seen delegitimatization of the press and whataboutism.

Moore did it. The only remaining question is whether enough Alabama voters will care. It disturbs me that there's even a question about that. It would disturb me much more if the answer turns out to be no. It should disturb everyone. --Bob


Well, bob, it is no surprise to me that you are disturbed.

In your mind, it's all about Trump, isn't it? For decades, the dems have been delegitimizing everyone who doesn't go along with their ideas. On this very bored, BJ and SSS practise 'whataboutism' every day, disseminating the talking points handed down to them by their 'news' sources. I thought Trump was a stupid guy. But somehow he has planned and orchestrated this grand scheme to fool the entire population? Leave it to a british comedian to figure all this out. I guess Oliver is your newest guru. A step down in prestige from Krugman.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 8961
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob78164 wrote:
Moore did it.


So did the Duke lacrosse team.
So did Phi Kappa Psi at UVA.
So did Bill Clinton.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15811
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Moore did it.


So did the Duke lacrosse team.
So did Phi Kappa Psi at UVA.
So did Bill Clinton.
See? Whataboutism.

Please analyze the extensive evidence documented in the Washington Post article. Four (now five) completely independent sources, none of whom knew each other, none of whom were motivated to come forward. All of them on the record, all of them corroborated by contemporaneous statements made to friends and family, all confirmed on the record by said friends and family. The Post's initial story is going to be held up in journalism courses for decades as an example of how to do an article of this nature right.

And that's leaving aside the further corroboration that's emerged after the article was published, and Moore's televised denials that, when he was in his 30s, he ever dated a girl without her mother's permission. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2996
Location: Lacey, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Moore did it.


So did the Duke lacrosse team.
So did Phi Kappa Psi at UVA.
So did Bill Clinton.
See? Whataboutism.

Please analyze the extensive evidence documented in the Washington Post article. Four (now five) completely independent sources, none of whom knew each other, none of whom were motivated to come forward. All of them on the record, all of them corroborated by contemporaneous statements made to friends and family, all confirmed on the record by said friends and family. The Post's initial story is going to be held up in journalism courses for decades as an example of how to do an article of this nature right.

And that's leaving aside the further corroboration that's emerged after the article was published, and Moore's televised denials that, when he was in his 30s, he ever dated a girl without her mother's permission. --Bob


I am not arguing whether he did it or not. It seems like he did, and regardless, he seems like a creep anyway. The question in my mind is why, after 30 years, does this wonderfully reported story happen to come out now? Moore has apparently been in the public eye for years, and has been used as a strawman by the left before because of his antics. I know the reasons that you will list, but it's very suspicious because it seems to happen a lot lately, even before Weinstein. Gloria Allred has a formula for it. I'm not supporting a child molester. I'm just against the democrat machinery. And so are a lot of other people. Maybe they got it right this time. Hard to tell when they try and denigrate every opposition candidate with something.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:47 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15811
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

So did the Duke lacrosse team.
So did Phi Kappa Psi at UVA.
So did Bill Clinton.
See? Whataboutism.

Please analyze the extensive evidence documented in the Washington Post article. Four (now five) completely independent sources, none of whom knew each other, none of whom were motivated to come forward. All of them on the record, all of them corroborated by contemporaneous statements made to friends and family, all confirmed on the record by said friends and family. The Post's initial story is going to be held up in journalism courses for decades as an example of how to do an article of this nature right.

And that's leaving aside the further corroboration that's emerged after the article was published, and Moore's televised denials that, when he was in his 30s, he ever dated a girl without her mother's permission. --Bob


I am not arguing whether he did it or not. It seems like he did, and regardless, he seems like a creep anyway. The question in my mind is why, after 30 years, does this wonderfully reported story happen to come out now? Moore has apparently been in the public eye for years, and has been used as a strawman by the left before because of his antics. I know the reasons that you will list, but it's very suspicious because it seems to happen a lot lately, even before Weinstein. Gloria Allred has a formula for it. I'm not supporting a child molester. I'm just against the democrat machinery. And so are a lot of other people. Maybe they got it right this time. Hard to tell when they try and denigrate every opposition candidate with something.
Because the Washington Post spends a lot more time and effort reporting a race for the United States Senate than it does reporting a race for Chief Justice of Alabama. And because gradually, bit by bit, it's becoming safer for women to talk about these incidents publicly.

Your more general complaints against the "democrat[ic] machinery" are simply not grounded in fact, and indicate that Donny's efforts to delegitimize the press are working.

So given that you accept that Moore did it (at least probably), what, if anything, are you going to do to hold Republicans accountable? --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 2996
Location: Lacey, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
See? Whataboutism.

Please analyze the extensive evidence documented in the Washington Post article. Four (now five) completely independent sources, none of whom knew each other, none of whom were motivated to come forward. All of them on the record, all of them corroborated by contemporaneous statements made to friends and family, all confirmed on the record by said friends and family. The Post's initial story is going to be held up in journalism courses for decades as an example of how to do an article of this nature right.

And that's leaving aside the further corroboration that's emerged after the article was published, and Moore's televised denials that, when he was in his 30s, he ever dated a girl without her mother's permission. --Bob


I am not arguing whether he did it or not. It seems like he did, and regardless, he seems like a creep anyway. The question in my mind is why, after 30 years, does this wonderfully reported story happen to come out now? Moore has apparently been in the public eye for years, and has been used as a strawman by the left before because of his antics. I know the reasons that you will list, but it's very suspicious because it seems to happen a lot lately, even before Weinstein. Gloria Allred has a formula for it. I'm not supporting a child molester. I'm just against the democrat machinery. And so are a lot of other people. Maybe they got it right this time. Hard to tell when they try and denigrate every opposition candidate with something.
Because the Washington Post spends a lot more time and effort reporting a race for the United States Senate than it does reporting a race for Chief Justice of Alabama. And because gradually, bit by bit, it's becoming safer for women to talk about these incidents publicly.

Your more general complaints against the "democrat[ic] machinery" are simply not grounded in fact, and indicate that Donny's efforts to delegitimize the press are working.

So given that you accept that Moore did it (at least probably), what, if anything, are you going to do to hold Republicans accountable? --Bob

Even though I said I already knew your list of reasons, you decided to list them anyway.

The tactics of the democrat machine and the bias of the press have been on parade way before trump. They have been obvious to anyone with a functioning mind (who is not disturbed) but have been brought forward by trump, because he uses a way to communicate that bypasses the democrat controlled media.

What am I gonna do to hold republicans accountable? So I guess all republicans are ok with child molestation in your eyes now? I guess I could go door to door in my town and convince all republicans to vote for the democrat, but I don't think there are any republicans in Olympia. So I am going to hold republicans accountable by pointing out that you are a disturbed individual, by your own admission.

_________________
Arkansas Gulls -2007 BBBL Champions


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 15811
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

I am not arguing whether he did it or not. It seems like he did, and regardless, he seems like a creep anyway. The question in my mind is why, after 30 years, does this wonderfully reported story happen to come out now? Moore has apparently been in the public eye for years, and has been used as a strawman by the left before because of his antics. I know the reasons that you will list, but it's very suspicious because it seems to happen a lot lately, even before Weinstein. Gloria Allred has a formula for it. I'm not supporting a child molester. I'm just against the democrat machinery. And so are a lot of other people. Maybe they got it right this time. Hard to tell when they try and denigrate every opposition candidate with something.
Because the Washington Post spends a lot more time and effort reporting a race for the United States Senate than it does reporting a race for Chief Justice of Alabama. And because gradually, bit by bit, it's becoming safer for women to talk about these incidents publicly.

Your more general complaints against the "democrat[ic] machinery" are simply not grounded in fact, and indicate that Donny's efforts to delegitimize the press are working.

So given that you accept that Moore did it (at least probably), what, if anything, are you going to do to hold Republicans accountable? --Bob

Even though I said I already knew your list of reasons, you decided to list them anyway.

The tactics of the democrat machine and the bias of the press have been on parade way before trump. They have been obvious to anyone with a functioning mind (who is not disturbed) but have been brought forward by trump, because he uses a way to communicate that bypasses the democrat controlled media.

What am I gonna do to hold republicans accountable? So I guess all republicans are ok with child molestation in your eyes now? I guess I could go door to door in my town and convince all republicans to vote for the democrat, but I don't think there are any republicans in Olympia. So I am going to hold republicans accountable by pointing out that you are a disturbed individual, by your own admission.
There's lots you could do, starting with contributing money to Moore's opponent, and continuing with supporting the opponents of anyone who continues to support Moore. If you don't want to, you don't want to, but there are, in fact, things you can do. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.